Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2006 10:02:59 PM EDT
Draw the fuck down already!  The fucking asshole polygamist cult people are breaking his family apart, and according to the preview of next week's episode, breaking and entering.  The guy lives in Utah which has CCW.

Go get a CCW, and draw down on the asshole  polygamist terrorists already.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure.  Seriously, polygamy is bad juju.  How do you think they get 15 wives apiece?  They chase all the young men out for the most trivial of infractions.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure.  Seriously, polygamy is bad juju.  How do you think they get 15 wives apiece?  They chase all the young men out for the most trivial of infractions.  

For the mainstream mormon polygamists, yes.  However, this situation is different.  Have you been watching the series?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been watching it. It is interesting. There is some pretty funny stuff too.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Read "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer-fascinating read about the grounding of the LDS church and polygamy-turns out in the rural polygamist enclaves, the first wife is legally married, the subsequent wives all file for welfare.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#5]
The LDS (Mormon) Church hasn't had any polygamist marriages since about 1870 or 1880.  In fact, advocating polygamy is enough to get a person excommunicated from the LDS Church.

So, in summary, there are no polygamist "Mormons".

The polygamists you hear or read about in parts of Utah, Arizona, or other areas are break-off groups who have no affiliation with the LDS Church.  Modern polygamy is largely a racket where dirty old men take advantage of little girls and use them for welfare fraud.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Read "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer-fascinating read about the grounding of the LDS church and polygamy-turns out in the rural polygamist enclaves, the first wife is legally married, the subsequent wives all file for welfare.

We listened to that book on CD on our trip to the PRK last year.  It is absolutely fascinating.  I highly recommend it as well.  The mormon polygamists are an interesting bunch.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:12:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm liking the show.

That Nicky bitch would have to go.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm liking the show.

Is that the blonde with the $30,000 in credit card debt?  Yep, give her back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm liking the show.

Is that the blonde with the $30,000 in credit card debt?  Yep, give her back.

Yes.

And it seems that Nicky only came into the picture when Barb was sick and they thought she would die. So they went out and got a new wife just in case.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1 interesting read
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Nicki's dad is also the head of the sect.   The same dude turning the screws on Paxton.  It should get really interesting.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm liking the show.

Is that the blonde with the $30,00058,000+ in credit card debt?  Yep, give her back.

Correction. WOW!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I was thinking this is perfect ARF show.

I'm really suprised dude does not have a CCW. I would.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top