[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ef be eye

Famous
But
Incompetent
View Quote

Competent enough to fuck this guy out of 5 years of his life.

At least hillary is still walking free...
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Stories like this make me laugh. Everything he’s about to do real time for should be completely legal. It’s laughable.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Picture hanger guy?
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Picture hanger guy?
View Quote

That's what I wondered.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#7]
This is the coat hook sear guy

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:07:25 AM EDT
[#8]
HONK
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Surely being locked up for 5 years will make him obey laws when he gets out.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#10]
So he was accused of selling 800 auto sears, and all he was charged with was a single unregistered silencer.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ef be eye

Famous
But
Incompetent

Illegal server? Russiagate? That worked out just like it was supposed to for the FBI. High fives on the seventh floor.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So he was accused of selling 800 auto sears, and all he was charged with was a single unregistered silencer.
View Quote

they haven't "proven" yet that they are actually machine gun parts ... at least that's what I got from the article ... but it does say they are still investigating that part of it
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]

That looks a little...beefy..compared to the plans I've seen online, in minecraft
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#14]
So they got a search warrant based on his coat hook ads, found a suppressor, and he struck a deal to plea guilty to the suppressor?
And the US Attorney and judge used the coat hooks as aggravating factors in sentencing for the suppressor?

Sounds like he's lucky to get the 5 years.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#15]
He picked that hill to die on. The solvent trap level of abstraction in something being one thing vs another is not going to keep the ATF and feds from saying what's legal or not. They will define a football as a coconut if it will get who they want in jail.  I've talked to city prosecutors that think a "sawed off shotgun" is any shotgun that doesn't have a buttstock. I've talked to probation officers that know in their hearts black powder rifles and high end air guns are guns and felons can't own or posses one.

You have the rules and then you have what people with power want the rules to be.   Google the autocard guy. He etched lighting link outlines  into stainless steel and they got him on making machinegun parts because an AFT agent proved he could take a Dremel and cut one out in less than an hour.  Hell, anyone can take a sharpie and draw an outline of one from a Wikipedia pic and cut it out in under an hour. Wikipedia has basic blue prints for nukes. Why are they not charged with making nukes?  Because..  thats why.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:37:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ef be eye

Famous
But
Incompetent

much like the thread about Judge Tanya Chutkan oversentencing misdemeanors for 1/6 protesters, there are many lessons to be learned.  Hopefully good people are paying attention
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don’t want to “blame the victim” here, but if I was going to try to poke the ATF bear by selling something that could be VERY borderline (like his auto sear coat hangers), I would make 100% sure that I was otherwise squeaky clean  … precisely so they couldn’t jam me up on something like an unregistered silencer.

That seemed pretty dumb.  

I would love to know how successful they would have been going after him for selling “machine gun conversion kits” - but I guess we won’t know now.
View Quote

As somebody who has worked in the courts for over 20 years, I wholeheartedly agree.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#19]
If this guy got "into it" with the LEO'S trying to arrest him, would we applaud his actions or say he made a bad choice?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't it be funny if this was a fed and they are sending him away because he failed to bait anyone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If this guy got "into it" with the LEO'S trying to arrest him, would we applaud his actions or say he made a bad choice?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd applaud
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Stories like this make me laugh. Everything he’s about to do real time for should be completely legal. It’s laughable.
View Quote

Laughter isn’t the right antidote to tyranny.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don’t want to “blame the victim” here, but if I was going to try to poke the ATF bear by selling something that could be VERY borderline (like his auto sear coat hangers), I would make 100% sure that I was otherwise squeaky clean  … precisely so they couldn’t jam me up on something like an unregistered silencer.

That seemed pretty dumb.  

I would love to know how successful they would have been going after him for selling “machine gun conversion kits” - but I guess we won’t know now.
View Quote

This was my first takeaway.

My second takeaway was that auto sear coat hangars apparently aren't worth indicting someone for!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:28:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't care what the law states and what the judge instructs. I will NEVER vote to convict a citizen on Federal or State firearms cases.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ef be eye

Famous
But
Incompetent

Some justice is better than no justice!...
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

much like the thread about Judge Tanya Chutkan oversentencing misdemeanors for 1/6 protesters, there are many lessons to be learned.  Hopefully good people are paying attention
View Quote

“Good people” have done nothing about tyranny for thousands of years. I care not a whit if they’re paying attention.

I want the bad motherfuckers who are quite willing to do things that are loud to pay attention.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

“Good people” have done nothing about tyranny for thousands of years. I care not a whit if they’re paying attention.

I want the bad motherfuckers who are quite willing to do things that are loud to pay attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to say how I feel about the situation, but beyond saying we really need to get people on the juries willing to nullify gets into  CoC  issues so I'll just keep my mouth shut.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look, I'm just trying not to run afoul of the CoC.  But I'm reading you 100%
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I want to say how I feel about the situation, but beyond saying we really need to get people on the juries willing to nullify gets into  CoC  issues so I'll just keep my mouth shut.
View Quote

Quoted:

Look, I'm just trying not to run afoul of the CoC.  But I'm reading you 100%
View Quote

Understood. And I’m not advocating anything. Just pointing out the correct group that needs to pay attention.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
800 of them eh?

View Quote

At least it wasn't over 9,000 members.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#34]

If you're FBI, you're probably going to be brave enough.  Lube them first if in doubt  
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ef be eye

Famous
But
Incompetent

I've been assured she'll be punished after she dies, so we have that going for us, which is nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top