Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2014 7:13:40 AM EDT
Hello,
I wanted to pass this along to all who reload; especially w/ lead bullets of the very very poor trade habits of Friendswood Bullet company. Here's the story:
I heard of Friendswood from a fellow member of mine at the Titusville Rifle and Pistol club in Titusville Florida. I had mentioned that I was looking for a good hard cast bullet and was given a flyer with a price list from Friendswood. Their prices seemed reasonable and on top of that offered a discount code for TRPC members. I decided to give them a try. On 17 Oct 2013 I place an order (#6355) from their web site. There was a notice on the site that stated due to high volume of orders being placed to expect a 4 week lead time. I had no problem with the wait. When 6 weeks went by, I decided to call and inquire about the order. I left a voice mail... no response. at 8 weeks I called again and then emailed them..... No response. Not even to say we haven't go to you or it will be xxxx longer...Nothing, zip, nil nada....
So now I call and email weekly hoping to get a response. I'm tired of waiting; I just want my credit card refunded. They didn't have a problem taking my money. I would have been understanding if I had gotten some kind of reply. I don't know of any other business that operates like that and still be open. Seems they need to seriously work on their business ediquette and customer relations. I hope this may help anybody planning to do business with them; will read this and re-consider. I don't want anybody else to have to deal with what I had to. In all may years of online/mail-order purchasing; I've never encountered this. All; Please Be Careful
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Taking money before shipping is bad juju
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure the management of your club would like to hear your experience. So that others don't experience the same thing.

Call your CC company and dispute the charge.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I've met the guy.  He lives not too far from me.  Super nice, just runs (or at least used to) a few Magna Melters out of his garage on the side.  This sounds out of character for him...

I'll try to contact him and see what's up.

- AG
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
If your interested in Friendswood 180gr 40s, I have a thousand or two I'd sell. I'm moving towards coated and Jacketed stuff so not shooting normal lead anymore.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry i didn't know where to put this thread....

I've attempted to contacted him many times via voice mail and email. A good business man would at least make an effort to return the call. Like I said before; if I had received some sort of response, I would have been good and have/had no problem waiting. I do masonry work and know if I had pulled the same thing with my customers, I would be out of business. Even If I was busy, I would stay in touch with scheduled customers....

The credit card company said I waited too long to attempt to cancel. I filed a complaint with the greater Houston BBB. The BBB will deliver the complaint to them and they have 30 days to respond....
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#6]
They have to be nice... They have FRIEND in their name!
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Top Top