Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2001 10:07:58 PM EDT
Where can I find some? heh heh

I gotta admit, This place always manages to make my day. From Imbrog and Lordtraders culinary reports to plain good ole flame wars... Oh and lots of good AR info also! AS Red Green says.. Were all in this together...

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah, I want one too, ruben only sells to LE, told him my wife is in LE but need a letter head.[pissed]
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
how about a refurb thast about all i seem to c around these days. and from what i heard and experinaced with peoples refurbished beta c's they work damn good to. if i had the money i would get one from Ruben  he advertizes alot in the equipment exchange also heres his webpage
if i had the money id be buying one from him [url]www.dealernfa.com
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy from Reuben at www.dealernfa.com. That's where I got mine. I've shot thousands of rounds through mine on full-auto and it's still going strong. Reuben is a good guy- he'll take the time to answer your questions and he sells a quality product. My Beta-C was "factory reconditioned" but It looked and functioned like brand new. I've never had a single jam or misfeed.

There's not much better than running 100 rounds full-auto through a 10.5 in barrel! Once we fired two Beta-C's back to back through the shorty. The first mag went in one 100 rnd burst. We changed to the second and got on the trigger. After about 70 rounds, the gun stopped. Checked the mag- it was okay. Then we noticed tha gas tube had curled up, pulled out of the upper, and "melted" down either side of the barrel! Man that barrel was glowing orange! I know, I know- not the smartest thing to do- but it rocked!

Shoot straight,

bennyrock
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Once we fired two Beta-C's back to back through the shorty. The first mag went in one 100 rnd burst. We changed to the second and got on the trigger. After about 70 rounds, the gun stopped. Checked the mag- it was okay. Then we noticed tha gas tube had curled up, pulled out of the upper, and "melted" down either side of the barrel! Man that barrel was glowing orange! I know, I know- not the smartest thing to do- but it rocked!

Shoot straight,

bennyrock
View Quote

See, that is just another example that we can hold over the heads of those AK47 guys. If they had tried that in one of their guns it would have caught on fire.

Its not cool to keep a fire extinguisher in your rangebag to put your gun out...

Michael
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 6:58:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
yeah, I want one too, ruben only sells to LE, told him my wife is in LE but need a letter head.[pissed]
View Quote

I'd be a neat trick to get that evil >10 capacity "HANDGUN" mag into Hawaii.  Oh my, Hawaii considers this mag a handgun mag since there are some handguns that can use AR-15 mags.

That aside, I bought a refurb beta C from rubin and I couldn't tell, AT ALL, that it was used.  All parts I could see were brand new.  Man I wish I could get full auto.  I wonder if I can sue the State of California for repetitive motion injury!  Ever try emptying a beta C, semi auto, without stopping.
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#7]
"REFURBISHED" BETA C MAGS? What do they do to
"refurbish" a beta c? If they are so good why are their so many "refurbished" mags out there?
How much time does it take to reload a bete c?
I saw one for sale for $550 yesterday. How can you tell new from refurbished?
How much use can you get out of one before it has to be refurbished?
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By SILVER SURFER:
View Quote

I'd be a neat trick to get that evil >10 capacity "HANDGUN" mag into Hawaii.  Oh my, Hawaii considers this mag a handgun mag since there are some handguns that can use AR-15 mags.

That aside, I bought a refurb beta C from rubin and I couldn't tell, AT ALL, that it was used.  All parts I could see were brand new.  Man I wish I could get full auto.  I wonder if I can sue the State of California for repetitive motion injury!  Ever try emptying a beta C, semi auto, without stopping.
View Quote

None of us have the AR hand gun, only rifles [:)] were not dumb! mags OK.
that aside you really gotta rub it in [pissed]
Link Posted: 7/8/2001 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Refurbished Beta-C Mags "might" just be a law enforcement pre-ban trade in item.
Agencies get rid of them, change weapons platforms, the get "used up", whatever.
Then "someone" buys them (verified pre-ban only) from law enforcement agencies (probably some sort of a trade-in for a new Beta-C and/or some cash thrown in), "someone" sends them off to Beta Mag to be refurbished (price is probably based on how much of the actual mag needs to be "refurbished"), then "someone" sells them for a GREAT price to guys like us who can't buy NEW Beta-C Mags.
It takes about 5 minutes to load one using the 5 round loose bullet pusher, and about 2 minutes to load one using the striper clip attachment.
I don't think that they are marked "refurbished" if they have been refurbished.
If you wanted to know you could call Beta-C and ask if the mag in question is a TRUE pre-ban and if it has ever been refurbished.
Each Beta-C mag has a serial number, and Beta-C has an accurate inventory of them (ie date first sold, if refurbished, if any warrenty work performed).
If you ever see one for sale without the certificate of "pre-banned-ness" check to make sure that a "low-life" hasen't marked out or destroyed the serial number and the "For LEO and MILITARY Use Only" markings.
I suggest that if you are in the market for one you give Ruben a call or drop him an email.
He will treat you right!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 3:48:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Thankyou USNJOE[smoke]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Ruben is a great guy.

My dog recently ate my Beta Pouch and he sent me another one pronto.

You won't find a better person to do business with.  Good prices as well.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:25:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I hear Captain Obvious has a bunch at great prices.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top