Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 4:40:58 PM EDT
Annual firm function.
Drunk, even now.
Female coworkers decided that it was cool to display things, including tats below bikini line and bras (saw more laced in tits than I can count).
I was one of three guys still hanging while this was going on.
Not to delude myself, but I think 50% or more of show was directed at me (only lawyer still hanging).
How do i ignore show on Monday when I see these women (4 main) at work?
Should i say anything at all, or pretend never happened?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you should use your tongue!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]
My thoughts? Don't mention it first, and try not to get involved in too deep a conversation if they mention it to you.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Whole thing never happened. I'm sure they have no recollection of it either.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
First thought, in the still sober part of brain, ignore at all costs unless they say something first.
Dang, though, I saw some stuff......
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
tell them you dont remember even being at the party you were so drunk.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I think it is a really good indication of which girls at your firm are the good ones too take out and get drunk.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Can my firm come to your firm's party's?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the problem?Now you know which ones to ask out for happy hour.How much easier can it get!
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I've always affirmed that if I can't remember it, it never happened, no matter what anyone else says. You should know, being a lawyer, that ANY discussion of "showing of the body parts" while in the office constitutes grounds for potential lawsuit. As suggested, you now know who to invite to happy hour, discuss it then.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't fish in the company pond.
Don't get your honey where you get your money.
I ignored all of this advice and got slapped with a lawsuit when the bitch got mad at me and attempted to get $150,000 big ones from me.  Said she never dated me and I was harassing her. Luckily she didn't get a dime and no longer works there.  (crazy ass broad lost her house and everything else she owned, Nickname was the Black Widow).  Claim no recollection of being at the event.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quick!  while you're still drunk, write up some supoenas and tell them they are being sued for Sexual Harrassment. [peep]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#13]
If you're like many desk jockeys, you've got a bowl of candy on your desk.  Get rid of the chocolates and replace them with Trojans.  Call the ladies into the office on Monday and ask them if they'd like a stick as you gesture to the bowl of condoms.  If it blows up in your face, mutter "Whups!", dump out the condoms, and replace them with sticks of gum.  Otherwise, you've got a hot date Monday night.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#14]
HAVE SEX WITH THEM,then they wont talk to you ever again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
HAVE SEX WITH THEM,then they wont talk to you ever again.
View Quote

Good in theory, but unfortunately I have been cursed where they fall in love and become a stalker.

[beer]
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:20:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Pretend it never happened.

Office romance only leads to p-a-i-n.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I showed your post to a female co-worker.

Her advice was to Forget about it.

My advice would be the same, with the added suggestion that if the topic ever comes up about the party, make the comment that you were intoxicated enough that you don't remember much past when you showed up.  The ladies are probably embareassed (yes, I intentionally mis-spelled it) about it and would consider you a gentleman (even if you are a lawyer) if you pretended it never happened.

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:48:35 AM EDT
[#19]
When any of them now come into your office...I'd give then a big smile...listen to what they are telling you...thank them...then let them leave wondering why you were smiling..
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#20]
If they mention it say something like "yeah, we were all acting a little silly that night", or something such as that. Let them off the hook with a casual oh well type attitude. Or try the "man, I thought that was a dream that I had" if you want to flatter them a bit.

Perhaps you could pull one of them aside and ask in a secretive manner, "hey, I didn't do anything crazy last night did I? I can't remember anything." That will let them deny all indescretions.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Given sober thought, I know that ignoring the behavior and sights (yes, a bad pun) is job one.
I am just going to have to tough it out tomorrow and keep a straight face till I forget about it.

While posting last night I drank two tall glasses of water and some advil and some pepto, no hangover at all this morning.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I would'nt say much about it. However, next year I would drink even less, maybe you'll get an even better show!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Forget the "incident", even if the ladies bring it up.
I hate to seem so paranoid, but this could be a set up; I had one at my place of empolyment, and the guys, who did nothing, got off with only a reduction of pay, respect, and a letter in their file.

Run away & don't look back.

Paul
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:02:15 AM EDT
[#24]
If I have said it once I have said it a dozen times, no one takes personal responsibility and if this event does come to light through out the office you (males) will be the one(s) to get stoned b/c these ladies were a bit drunk and you took advantage of the situation.  You think that reason would be that these ladies were drunk and their inhibition led to them showing their ass, pun intended.  Not in the world today.  Just remember, if push comes to shove "how do you define IS" b/c this is the law of the land.

Iso

Iso

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#25]
You're a LAWYER? Then you already know the answer.  Being a male, the only way to handle it would be to forget the whole incident.  While it's still fresh in your head, Document the whole thing, incase it rears its head down the road.
Rule #1 of business=CYA (cover your ass)
AIRBORNE!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Yuk! I hate tats on woman!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#27]
If you don't remember, it didn't happen! Works for a buddy of mine!
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:39:22 AM EDT
[#28]
You didn't BANG none of them at the party, I would forgetaboutit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like you were sexually harassed. Go to the head of HR on Monday and file a complaint. Its clear that you work in a hostile workplace and you will need monetary compensation and paid time off for your pain and mental suffering.

Paper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top