Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2014 12:44:14 AM EDT
What's the most user friendly software to create some videos with my gopro? Maybe sliding some pictures in with the video, some cool fades and what not. Not opposed to paying a good bit of money of it's worth it.

I'll be using it on my iMac.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:13:36 AM EDT
[#1]
GoPro Studio is what I use. Has a slight learning curve but it works pretty good.

Done with GoPro Studio.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GoPro Studio is what I use. Has a slight learning curve but it works pretty good.

Done with GoPro Studio.

http://youtu.be/B-DWKj34hi0

View Quote

Let me ask you this; can you splice video sections together, seamlessly? I videoed something that was 90mins long. It cut it up into 17:34 minute sections.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:32:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Let me ask you this; can you splice video sections together, seamlessly? I videoed something that was 90mins long. It cut it up into 17:34 minute sections.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Done with GoPro Studio.

http://youtu.be/B-DWKj34hi0

Yes, you can. You can also fade in and out of each clip. the above video is about 20 different clips edited together.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I've used Adobe Premiere Elements for my video needs, but haven't tried it with GoPro clips.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:39:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Premiere will natively edit the H.264 MP4 files that GoPro captures to.

Recognize, however, that that codec is very processor intensive, and can present workflow issues when trying to edit anything more than a simple A/B timeline, using simple effects.

Pros who integrate GoPro footage typically convert the H.264 files to another format (.mov, .avi, Apple ProRes 422) and then edit the converted files.

Pegasys makes a relatively cheap (but high quality) converter called TMPGenc Video Mastering Works 5.  Run your GoPro footage through this, and editing with Elements (or any other program, like Vegas, SpeedEdit, Premiere Pro, Final Cut, etc.) will be pretty painless.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:46:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Sony Vegas is a great tool
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:24:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the gopro software as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I use the go pro software and iMovie on the mac

ETA: I did this just playing around with the go pro software after I first got the camera

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 3:43:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

another vote for vegas pro.

adobe after effects would be my second choice. vegas pro has been great - Ive done a bunch of dirt bike videos and timelapse using vegas pro

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjJ7DKnUvBI&list=UU-5LwnK3dHWeISNHBqKkNDw [/youtube]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BjJ7DKnUvBI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:11:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Windows Live Movie Maker
Good for the basic stuff: Titles, sub-titles, stills, cut & splice, soundtrack, etc and the price is right.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

adobe after effects would be my second choice. vegas pro has been great - Ive done a bunch of dirt bike videos and timelapse using vegas pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjJ7DKnUvBI&list=UU-5LwnK3dHWeISNHBqKkNDw

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BjJ7DKnUvBI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was able to decipher your first one lol. That was a pretty good job. Where is the best place to get the music you can use?

And to the guys using the gopro and importing the videos in through imovies, how did you get it to keep the sound? Last time I tried it would play the video fine, but no audio. I googled it and it seemed to be a common problem.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:17:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Windows Live Movie Maker
Good for the basic stuff: Titles, sub-titles, stills, cut & splice, soundtrack, etc and the price is right.
View Quote

Miss the part about the Mac? Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I just copy the video onto my desktop off the memory card and fire up iMovie and create a project and go.

This was done that way and has sound (well what little sound there is)

At 3:45 and other points I use the iMovie fade to transition scenes

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I like to use AppGeeker Editor  http://www.appgeeker.com for fun videos. Easy to use, and imports well from GoPro and other devices.

For more professional stuff, our editor prefers Final Cut (Mac) or After Effects (PC) but its more expensive and complex...
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#15]
If blk00ss doesn't mind, I'd like to piggyback on this thread and ask: would a tablet be a sufficient way to make some decent GoPro videos? I have held off on getting a GoPro because I don't have a computer but I would like to make some videos. I would probably be using a tablet as my computer. Any suggestions for me? Which tablet and program?
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was able to decipher your first one lol. That was a pretty good job. Where is the best place to get the music you can use?

And to the guys using the gopro and importing the videos in through imovies, how did you get it to keep the sound? Last time I tried it would play the video fine, but no audio. I googled it and it seemed to be a common problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah sorry, you'd think I'd know how to embed a video, but I cant seem to get it right.
As far as music, none of my stuff is monetized and I just do it for fun.  If I was doing a paid job, I would obtain permission to use the music first. I imagine that lots of local bands will give you music for stuff like that.  
I have no experience with iMovie or Macs but one day I might get a mac to edit with. its very tasking on my computer even with upgraded video and ram

eta: recording video is one  thing, but recording quality, stable, clear footage suitable for editing is totally different. I've only been messing with videos for a year or two, I'm a beginner, but I've realized you dont just go out out shoot a few clips and call it a day. I recommend getting a stabilizer like an iglide. they are sweet.

Usually I have several hours of 10-30 second clips that I might be able to make a 3 minutes video out of. then editing takes another 20 -40 hours. good luck with your new hobby!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top