Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2015 7:33:31 PM EDT
My boy needs a new nerf gun, he goes nuts over the little two and three round single shot pistols we got at Kroger. Want something that is wow but also reliable. Lots of nerf guns that look sweet but have mixed reviews so I'm not sure which to choose. What's arfcoms favorite nerf? Don't want something to bulky and heavy, for a 7 y/o.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nerf Elite Stryfe. It's a motorized semi-auto. My kids like this model the best and it can grow with your kids with the various Modulus add-ons.

Here is what you can build it out to look like.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
We nerf it up every day in the office.  Anything battery powered / auto sucks donkey balls.  Mag fed and hand cycled is somewhat reliable but still jam from time to time.  All around favorite is the firestrike.  You can add rubber bands to the plunger to increase range or even take it apart and remove the "valve" thing in the rear of the barrel.  We also trim down the darts, removing about 1/4" from the rear and shaving a boat tail shape into the foam.  Accuracy is about pie plate at 10 yards.

</geek>
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My kid got a couple of those big dart nerf guns as well as the new Modulus rifle for his birthday (he's 8).

We had to stop him from shooting the big darts at other kids cause they actually sting a little bit when they hit. Taking one in the eye would suck!
http://nerf.hasbro.com/en-us/product/nerf-n-strike-mega-series-rotofury-blaster:E1533750-5056-9047-F527-F137313568C7

The Modulus is a battery powered one so no need to pump. Just pull the trigger and unload darts. They use the regular darts so less worry about losing an eye
http://nerf.hasbro.com/en-us/product/nerf-n-strike-modulus-ecs-10-blaster:C46E9123-5056-9047-F590-3DD3FF809D28
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I always wanted that nerf sniper rifle
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Last year I was "that Uncle."

I bought my 5yo nephew 2 of the big, motorized Nerf guns.

He had them taken away from him after about 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#6]
The shit they have now a days.  I always kicked ass at nerf wars with the old school bow and arrow.

ETA:  this bad boy

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
This is supposed to come out this holiday season. Fires the nerf balls up to 70mph...

Edit: Looks like it is out now. $50.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I remember the last nerf gun I got. Was when they came out with the Nstrike Longshot. It was a magfed sniper rifle that could be broken down into a sidearm. I used that thing so much, the springs wore out and I had to get another one. Damn, to be a kid again haha
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is supposed to come out this holiday season. Fires the nerf balls up to 70mph...

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--YUmjwkEJ--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/bdjrwr0vkd0cudaakz0v.jpg

View Quote

More reliable than a KSG haha
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:11:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I remember the last nerf gun I got. Was when they came out with the Nstrike Longshot. It was a magfed sniper rifle that could be broken down into a sidearm. I used that thing so much, the springs wore out and I had to get another one. Damn, to be a kid again haha
View Quote

The kid down the street had one years ago. He told me if you take it apart and stretch the spring, it gives you more power/range.

There are also mods online that use ar springs, I believe the buffer tube spring, and the darts really go flying. I remember a YouTube video where someone modded the full auto electric powered machine gun. They were nailing their friend who went scrambling for cover
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--YUmjwkEJ--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/bdjrwr0vkd0cudaakz0v.jpg

Edit: Looks like it is out now. $50.

View Quote

do want!
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:00:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have this and it's awesome.

Kids love it.

Wife hates it.

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Better Form 1 that bad boy before adding a stock or a VFG... Some folks on here might literally crucify you or burn you at the stake. And don't even think about the grenade launcher. And each of those "grenades" better have their own stamp too. ;)

But seriously those look fun. I had the Nerf Bow n Arrow too . It was awesome.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:10:59 PM EDT
[#16]
FIFY

Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:12:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Maverick is the best. Six rounds, decent reliability with good darts.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I dont know, but i bought a nerf pistol a few months ago after not having messed with one since my early teens and its a lot more powerful then what was available back then.

Nerf tech aint no joke.  

Eta:  this one. I think it shoots flatter then .45 acp.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top