Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 12:06:12 PM EDT
Would appreciate it if that person spoke up again....
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Cisco - 352-series (about $150).
It's a business card, so it's only made in 802.11b and doesn't support -g, yet.
However, I just bought a new Cisco 1200 access point ($1000) that supports -g.  Very cool.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Linksys WPC54G card is excellent.  It has great reception and the drivers work well.  The only pisser is no promiscuous mode, so the card is no good for air snort or other packet capture, but this is a non-issue to 99.999% of users.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The only pisser is no promiscuous mode, so the card is no good for air snort or other packet capture, but this is a non-issue to 99.999% of users.

Ok, now pretend I'm 5 years old and explain that to me again please....
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#4]
ORINOCO.

Will put those generic Linksys cards to shame.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833167104

Linksys cards arent so bad, as long as you stay far far away from their linksys wireless utility.  Orinoco still makes a far superior 802.11 product though.  I just provided a link for illistration purposes.  Any model with an external antenna hookup is the one you want.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
orinoco gold CLASSIC

support for external antenna option and compatibility with netstumbler/AirCrack/AirSnort and Security Auditor softwares.

eta:
visit the netstumbler.org hardware forums.  you will find a lot of info there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:21:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Found the card. It was the SMC card, it runs 200MA output. Any other cards or desktop units that run more than that? I wanna experiment with a patch type antenna and a mount on my rood to see if I can tap the local libraries BD.

SMC is supposed to have some real nice directional antenna that allow point to point contact up to 10 miles LOS.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top