Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2003 2:36:35 PM EDT
Ok got my house tented for termites Wed. the 7th and they took it off the next day the 8th. They cleared the house for traces of the fumigant (Vikane btw) and found it completely dispersed by the end of the day of the 8th. So there is no poison in the house.

BUT they used a Chlorine based (similar to CS) warning agent as well and the residue is really strong. After airing out the house for 6 hours and completely vacuuming and moping the entire house I'm still taking a decent hit. Burning eyes and wicked headache. So what's the best course of action?
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Have someone urinate in your eyes, and they'll stop burning.

[ROFL]

... I'm sorry.  I don't know the answer, but I just found the image so disturbing I had to post it.

Sorry you got termites.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Heat and air.  STB, the old standard for BC decon, would eat your house alive...its like pool chlorine...nasty stuff.  

STB, HTH or similar will take care of CS BUT lots of hot, dry air is cheaper and more effective.  Plus you still have a house left.

You could mop the floors with a bleach solution.  Use 1 cup to a gallon of water.  Let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Air that sucker out with window fans, circulate that place and the stuff should decipate over a weekend.

Wash the carpets with a rug doctor, beat the couch cushions, wipe the walls down, and burn some herbs...

That'll do the trick for you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Scrub it with ammonia [;)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Last place I gassed with CS had to be cleaned by contractors to get all of the lingering gas out. They were paid for by homeowners insurance.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Reclaim it yourself......or have one of those flatulent DFW crew come by.......[fart]

[nana]

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Sell your house to one of our Texas brethren and move. [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top