Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2003 4:31:28 PM EDT
Well, I spent the day with my family in Atlanta. As always, there were a couple quotes that it wouldn't be my family without.

From my grandfather:
"Shaking hands with President Johnson was like grabbing a fish. All limp and floppy."

From Lindsay, one of my cousins (VERY loudly):
"Don't tell Grandma I just spilled a FULL glass of RED WINE on the WHITE carpet! Thats it! Im switching to beer!"

From Jason, another of my cousins (6'4", covered in tattoos):
"Did you see that episode of Maury, or was it Montel, where they did that makeover of..."

Yep, always a memorable event to spend the holidays with my family.

So, any memorable quotes from your family this Thanksgiving?

Jonathan
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing major in my family, just two generations that split themselves up; those whose average age is 30 and those whose average age is 55, in two different sections of the house.

The American cousins (us down here in the States) don’t have any children (as opposed to our Canadian cousins who all had children by 25) and our only topics of conversation revolved around work, buying property, and why going out to bars and clubs during Thanksgiving is like going to someone else’s high school reunion.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
My eight year old cousin is always a barrel of laughs, this thanksgiving it was:
Cousin: why is the turkey all chewey?
his dad: just eat the damn turkey.
Cousin: it's like theres elastic in it!
Me: Oh, thats because we cooked it in it's underwear!
his dad: Now eat the Damn turkey!

You had to be there really, my uncles an ass too, it's fun screwing with people with no sense of humor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top