Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 3:33:02 PM EDT
I have to take my company lease car in for a "professional" oil change.

No, they won't let me change it myself, or do any other maintenance work.  Everything has to be recorded and paid for on an Enterprise Lease "maintenance card".

Do any of these oil change places actually suck less than the other oil change places that also suck?  

If you don't change your own oil, who do you recommend?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Not Jiffy Lube
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Dealership.  They usually don't charge much for oil changes.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Dealership.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]
company lease? and they won't let you do it yourself?  well then...

take it to the most convenient place for you.

forget dealerships, no point in saving money which you trade off for your time waiting there.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dealership.  They usually don't charge much for oil changes.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dealership.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Why care? Not your car, take it anywhere.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Not Jiffy Lube
View Quote
They aren't considerate enough to use lube.........

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're not paying for it, take it to the dealer.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Time It lube, if there is one where you are.

Every time I tried to go to the dealer for an oil change, there was a 1+ hour wait

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Dealership unless you have a contract with another company.

ETA Unless it is a dodge eco-diesel.
I think Chrysler wants $300/per oil change for those.
It costs over $100 just to buy the oil from amazon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

The few jobs I've had where I had a company vehicle, I was given a gas card to fill up anywhere, and an ARI maintenance card for tires and oil changes. I went to whoever took ARI cards.

Although, it sucked when trying to get new tires on the truck. We hauled a lot of a heavy shit to oilfield locations. We, at least, needed AT tires. But you'd have some ass-fuck from ARI on the other side of the country tell the tire shop that you don't need 4 new tires and that you don't need AT tires. Instead, they try to only pay for 2 new street tires

Luckily the tire shop guys had some brains....obviously it's very unsafe to drive a 2500HD truck with heavy parts to oilfields on nearly bald tires.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not Jiffy Lube
T

Good point
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The few jobs I've had where I had a company vehicle, I was given a gas card to fill up anywhere, and an ARI maintenance card for tires and oil changes. I went to whoever took ARI cards.

Although, it sucked when trying to get new tires on the truck. We hauled a lot of a heavy shit to oilfield locations. We, at least, needed AT tires. But you'd have some ass-fuck from ARI on the other side of the country tell the tire shop that you don't need 4 new tires and that you don't need AT tires. Instead, they try to only pay for 2 new street tires

Luckily the tire shop guys had some brains....obviously it's very unsafe to drive a 2500HD truck with heavy parts to oilfields on nearly bald tires.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a fuel card but tires and oil changes had to be done at certain places.    Three tire shops and four oil change places.
Anything else needed approval and I would be reimbursed.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Every time I tried to go to the dealer for an oil change, there was a 1+ hour wait  

View Quote

Guess if he's in a company car, on company time, Great!.  More time to enjoy the comp'd popcorn/coffee or whatever amenities they have in the lounge area.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Guess if he's in a company car, on company time, Great!.  More time to enjoy the comp'd popcorn/coffee or whatever amenities they have in the lounge area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got paid but I had to do it on my days off.  
After working two weeks straight I did not want to sit at a dealer.  I just drop it off.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Company car you say?

Walmart super tech filter and oil..........around $20 total do it yourself. Pocket the rest
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#20]
My company truck mostly gets taken to the dealer.

However, the dealer is about the slowest place to take a vehicle for an oil change. Last oil change took them 1.5 hours to get it back to me. I browsed the car lot while there and for a fairly loaded F150 you could buy a Super Duty with similar features and much more towing capacity. I wander what Ford's profit margin is on the new F150s.

If I don't have the time I take it to one of the other approved shops.

Ours is through GE Fleet, we had ARI, but company switched over to GE.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not Jiffy Lube
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Company car= who cares.
View Quote

Yep.

My car = My Garage!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top