Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 10:09:21 AM EDT
I want to have a H&K MP5/H&K 94, but I cannot afford the California DOJ guns when they become available. Therefore, I am stuck with buying a clone.

What is the best quality clone available?

I have not really read anything bad about Vector arms, but they do not make a 9mm.

Bobcat Weapons makes a clone in 9mm, but I have heard many bad things about them. I don't know if the bad comments have to do with the fact that the owner is apparently a prick or not.

Vulcan arms also makes a clone, but I have heard bad things about them as well.

Has anyone tried these clones and what were your experiences? If you had to choose one, which one would you choose and why?

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
bw owner is a prick? he's always answered my emails in a relatively timely fashion and was always informative and civil. atlantic firearms has always been very fast to answer and very friendly. maybe your talking about the special weapons guy, todd something or other?

my bw mp5k is flawless and operates great. it compares to the real thing very well as far as fit and construction.

the vulcans are horrible, dreadful travesties in metal. they look like they were built in a jungle workshop by primitive pygmies. i've never fired one but i've seen them side-by-side with the bw.

ETA:  check out the hk section in the armory and also hkpro.com.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
bw owner is a prick? he's always answered my emails in a relatively timely fashion and was always informative and civil. atlantic firearms has always been very fast to answer and very friendly. maybe your talking about the special weapons guy, todd something or other?

That is exactly what I was thinking.  I thought that Todd Bailey (I believe) was the owner of Bobcat Weapons, and I forgot about Special Weapons.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:07:51 PM EDT
[#3]
No such thing as a "quality clone."

If you cannot afford a DOJ gun (which are almost the same price as a clone) then get a Colt 6450 or a RRA 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is exactly what I was thinking.  I thought that Todd Bailey (I believe) was the owner of Bobcat Weapons, and I forgot about Special Weapons.

Wether or not TB owns Bobcat or runs it as a shell doesn't matter. They use his parts and make them the same way.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What's a DOJ gun, Steyr? Do they sell their extras or something?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

my bw mp5k is flawless and operates great. it compares to the real thing very well as far as fit and construction.

I've posted extensive Bobcat photo reviews and they are IN NO WAY comparable to a real HK in terms of fit, construction or performance. They are also NOT flawless, I noted several flaws in the evaluation.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Tag, I would like to know as well...
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Last year California Department of Corrections sold off their HK94s (many of which were imported after the 89 import ban) and they sold from $1,800-2,500. This is easily $1,000 cheaper than what HK94s had previously sold for.

The ATF ruled that even the post 89 guns could be sold to the public. This was the best opportunity to nab a HK94 in years. I ended up getting several.

You can still find them on Sturmgewehr.com from time to time for $2,500 which is still a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#9]
SW has a bad rap and BW is closely associated with it.  It's kind of hit-or-miss from what I've read.  The only good HK clone I know of is the PTR-91 but that's an HK91 clone.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought JLD was supposed to be really good?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top