Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 8:42:27 PM EDT
I have been to two Ganders that both had a Beretta 92S in stock.

Both had import marks.  This model has the mag release on the bottom of the grip "European style".

Does anyone have any experience with these?  Any good?

Can 92FS mags be used in these?

Gander wants $500, so I assume that in the real world they sell cheaper...what's a fair price?

Does anyone know the history on these, were they police pistols or what?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Both had import marks.  This model has the mag release on the bottom of the grip "European style".

Can 92FS mags be used in these?

Depends on the manufacturer. Current-production PB and MDS mags feature both the side-release and bottom-release notches. USGI magazines (Checkmate/Airtronic) do not.

Quoted:
Gander wants $500, so I assume that in the real world they sell cheaper...what's a fair price?

A guy was selling one LNIB for $400 OTD at a gunshow last November-ish. I didn't buy it as (1) it wouldn't serve any "purpose" for me and (2) I had just purchased a 92FS shortly before.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Take whatever Gander Mountain has it priced out at, multiply that by zero point seven five, and that's about what it should sell for in the real world.

ETA: Point being, when it comes to retail gun prices, GM is not "the real world."  They are a world unto themselves.  Beware.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Take whatever Gander Mountain has it priced out at, multiply that by zero point seven five, and that's about what it should sell for in the real world.

ETA: Point being, when it comes to retail gun prices, GM is not "the real world."  They are a world unto themselves.  Beware.

They are used pieces, which GM _may_ have reasonable prices on, or even the occassional deal. I stop by the local GM at least once a month to check their used guns. They used to be in-line on pricing of "basic" guns like .22s and 870s, but now those prices are just as ridiculous as the rest.

I have purchased two used guns from GM at reasonable prices - a lightly-used NRM Colt Commander for ~$600 and a used Winchester 1300 Defender for ~$165.

ETA - That said, unless those 92S's are damn near pristine in every way, they are WAY out of line. A NIB 92FS will go for $550-$660 these days, and I haven't heard of anybody ever seeking out a 92S specifically - and with import marks (I'm assuming _recent_ non-Beretta markings), it's not exactly a collector's piece anyway.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are used pieces, which GM _may_ have reasonable prices on, or even the occassional deal. I stop by the local GM at least once a month to check their used guns. They used to be in-line on pricing of "basic" guns like .22s and 870s, but now those prices are just as ridiculous as the rest.

I have purchased two used guns from GM at reasonable prices - a lightly-used NRM Colt Commander for ~$600 and a used Winchester 1300 Defender for ~$165.

ETA - That said, unless those 92S's are damn near pristine in every way, they are WAY out of line. A NIB 92FS will go for $550-$660 these days, and I haven't heard of anybody ever seeking out a 92S specifically - and with import marks (I'm assuming _recent_ non-Beretta markings), it's not exactly a collector's piece anyway.

IIRC they were Century import marks.

Thanks for the replies, all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top