Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 7:33:29 PM EDT
What effect do these have? Will this keep me awake at night?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Ex-MrsDzlBenz-v2.0 took B-12 shots (and still does, I guess) to correct a natural B-12 deficiency. I don't think insomnia was a side effect.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Insomnia is my worry.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else tried these?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
BTW " ultra 40" dessicated liver pills ––concentrated beef liver ––-2 grams protien + 1500% RDA of B-12 each

it s just food so you can eat as many as you want ––some times I have 30 in a day
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife get's B-12 shots once a week for the past couple of months she has irregular sleep patterns, I just asked her if the shot is causing this.
Her response is that she has had a harder time sleeping since she started these shots, she supects it could be related to the shot, it but is unsure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had these before, they are AWESOME. It also affected my sleep. The key is to exercise a couple of hours before you plan on going to bed.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#7]
When i take B vitamins I do it in the morning to avoid this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

BTW " ultra 40" dessicated liver pills ––concentrated beef liver ––-2 grams protien + 1500% RDA of B-12 each
it s just food so you can eat as many as you want ––some times I have 30 in a day

I get this shot.  Had my 2nd one today.  The reason why I get the shot, instead of through edible vitamins is that I am not absorbing vitamins well for whatever reason.  I wish I could just eat them.  Instead I have to drop my pants once a month for the doctor.  Being referred to a GI doctor to figure out why I'm not absorbing.  I'm also low on folic acid and Vitamin D.

I guess if they keep you up at night, I'll be right here with you  I did just finish running a few miles and some lifting, so I dunno if it will help.

B-12 shots is what they give to geezer rock stars like Bruce Dickenson and Mick Jagger before they go on stage.  Gives them "pep" without resorting to any funny stuff.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Took/got them of over a year. Have the Dumb ass Doc perscribe them for you, You have to inject them into a fatty/meaty part of your Arm in the Deltoid area. This way you can wake up on your injection day and juice up so it won't be as bad as getting it at 3pm. Your first night after injection will be hard to sleep.... but you won't need as much sleep! Then over a 1-2 week time it levels off. After about 2 to 3 months I got use to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top