Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/19/2002 3:06:37 AM EST
I'd like to buy a stripped lower receiver and it will most likely come in from out of state. I'm in Conn. I know it needs to go to an FFL. What do I do? Contact the FFL (dealer) obviously. Does he need to forward any paperwork to the seller? Sorry for the amature question but could you walk me through a typical transfer?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 3:22:24 AM EST
Typically, visit FFL dealer, make a deal up-front on the cost for your transaction (this can vary widely in cost and is depended on the dealer $15-$50 or more for expensive firearms), have dealer fax a copy of his license to person or company which your ordering the lower from. They then ship to your FFL dealer (who places lower in his books) he calls says it's in, you go pay for transaction, pass NICS, fill out 4473 form and take posession of lower (dealer transfers ownership from his books to you). Mike
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:08:58 AM EST
The dealer will have to mail a copy of his FFL. The shipper (if a licensee) has to have a copy with an original signature.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 5:16:22 AM EST
this is kind of off subject but i was just going to bid on an M1 and i noticed the seller was less than 3 hours away. He would not allow me to buy the gun in person and insisted i use an FFL. It was as if he did not want me to see the gun before i paid for it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:30:16 PM EST
Top Top