Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/1/2023 8:42:18 AM EDT
Anyone else looking forward to this? I was a huge fan of BG1 and 2 growing up and I've been playing BG3's early access for years. Release date was recently bumped up for PC to Aug. 3. From what I've played and read, it very much has the chance to be a once-a-generation game.

Very much looking forward to rolling up an Oath of Vengeance Paladin Polearm Master.

What do you all plan to run on your first play through?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I am looking forward to it the company that made it larian studios also made Divinity 2 original sin amazing game I highly recommend.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:45:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone else looking forward to this? I was a huge fan of BG1 and 2 growing up and I've been playing BG3's early access for years. Release date was recently bumped up for PC to Aug. 3. From what I've played and read, it very much has the chance to be a once-a-generation game.

Very much looking forward to rolling up an Oath of Vengeance Paladin Polearm Master.

What do you all plan to run on your first play through?
View Quote
is it an actual release? Feels like one of those perma beta games at this point.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought the early access on Steam since you basically get the deluxe version for the price of the standard game. I am pretty excited to check it out. I know nothing about the 3rd game but do remember spending hours on BG 1 and 2.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested but am concerned it's going to have woke shit in it.  Any woke shit expected?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought BG3 the moment it was available as an early access title, but it didn't captivate me like Divinity 2 did. I'm interested to see how it has evolved once it releases.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm interested but am concerned it's going to have woke shit in it.  Any woke shit expected?
View Quote
Well, you can let a bear raw dick you up the ass.

Hopefully it results in AIDS as a permanent debuff.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
is it an actual release? Feels like one of those perma beta games at this point.
View Quote
Full release. Early access you could only go to level 5 and they've slowly added races, classes, and sub classes over the years.

Full release will go to level 12. Hopefully future DLC will allow a full level 20 character.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Evidently you can fuck a druid while they're in their bear form.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Evidently you can fuck a druid while they're in their bear form.  Does that count?
View Quote
Depends. Are they the same sex?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I like games like path of exile, meaning I like the genra but I don't like a ton of story and dialog options to slog through.  I like the fighting, looting, skill tree progression and exploring, but not so much lore and sitting around reading every NPCs life story.  I know it is turn based and I have no problem with that.  

Would I like BD3 or is it very story/dialog heavy?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I never played any of them, or DnD. It looks interesting, and I believe the hype, I'm just not sure I'd enjoy turn based combat very much anymore, especially because I've been so deep into Diablo IV since release
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought the early access on Steam since you basically get the deluxe version for the price of the standard game. I am pretty excited to check it out. I know nothing about the 3rd game but do remember spending hours on BG 1 and 2.
View Quote

Same here.  I hop into it every now and then to check on the game's progress, but honestly I'm waiting for the final release before I commit to playing it seriously.

And as a bonus you can get busy with a bear.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:56:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Regular D&D rules suck most of the fun out of games like this. Unless it's changed for some reason the weapons are deterministic and have to follow the rules.

There's something inherently fun about crafting, unlimited skill building, random drops, and so on. It's not like D&D games aren't fun, just not as fun as they could be.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I like games like path of exile, meaning I like the genra but I don't like a ton of story and dialog options to slog through.  I like the fighting, looting, skill tree progression and exploring, but not so much lore and sitting around reading every NPCs life story.  I know it is turn based and I have no problem with that.

View Quote
Yes, BG3 is very story and dialog heavy.  You should look at Diablo 4.  Sounds more your fancy.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Regular D&D rules suck most of the fun out of games like this. Unless it's changed for some reason the weapons are deterministic and have to follow the rules.

There's something inherently fun about crafting, unlimited skill building, random drops, and so on. It's not like D&D games aren't fun, just not as fun as they could be.
View Quote
I whole heartedly disagree but luckily there are a myriad of games that do what it sounds like you enjoy. Diablo 4 being one and it is great. You should try it out if you haven't already.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes, BG3 is very story and dialog heavy.  You should look at Diablo 4.  Sounds more your fancy.
View Quote
Ok, thank you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Definitely looking forward to it, but I'm a cheap bastard and patient, so I'll wait for it to show up in a Steam sale six months from now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#18]
No hamster no care
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is a different genre. This is a turn based RPG, PoE is a hack n slash. They just appear stylistically similar due to the isometric cameras.

I've tried not to spoil myself much, but I played a few hours of early access. It's solid. I'm looking forward to the full release.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No hamster no care
View Quote
You have definitely not paid attention. They're "statues" but really just petrified until "Baldur's Gate needs them."

Matt Mercer is voicing him: Facebook link.

Baldur's Gate 3 - The Game Awards 2022 Teaser

Baldurs Gate 3 Official Launch Month Trailer | The Game Awards 2022
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:10:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It is a different genre. This is a turn based RPG, PoE is a hack n slash. They just appear stylistically similar due to the isometric cameras.

I've tried not to spoil myself much, but I played a few hours of early access. It's solid. I'm looking forward to the full release.
View Quote
Ok, thanks for the feedback.  Just not my thing then.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:11:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Gonna be a very large download. Seen a few numbers thrown out. 130gb and such.

Reading earlier the company said they had to time their release world wide to match the steam time that would fit from what steam requested.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gonna be a very large download. Seen a few numbers thrown out. 130gb and such.
View Quote
Yep.  No pre-load either. 150GB download, 122GB space needed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I played BG1/2. Not sure I finished 2. I’ll try 3, but it needs to offer more than 1/2 to hold my attention. They started to drag.

In our current game (not BG), we’re running a paladin, druid, artificer, and war cleric (me). Paladin is clearly OP. I’m not sure I’ve cast a healing spell yet and we’re level 7 now. The artificer gives us temp HP, the paladin tanks without taking much damage, the druid soaks up some but then reverts when her HP is diminished.

So I buffed a little, a little CC here and there before Spirit Guardians, but now I’m kind of a one trick pony (at least when there’s a number of opponents) with the holy blender.

So what would I do for BG3?  I dunno. I’ve got a character in mind that’s a thief (background, not class) that stole something to make him a sorcerer (probably wild magic).  Or an Aasimar warlock that I haven’t really worked out. But it will probably just end up being some half-orc ranger.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I played BG1/2. Not sure I finished 2. I’ll try 3, but it needs to offer more than 1/2 to hold my attention. They started to drag.

In our current game (not BG), we’re running a paladin, druid, artificer, and war cleric (me). Paladin is clearly OP. I’m not sure I’ve cast a healing spell yet and we’re level 7 now. The artificer gives us temp HP, the paladin tanks without taking much damage, the druid soaks up some but then reverts when her HP is diminished.

So I buffed a little, a little CC here and there before Spirit Guardians, but now I’m kind of a one trick pony (at least when there’s a number of opponents) with the holy blender.

So what would I do for BG3?  I dunno. I’ve got a character in mind that’s a thief (background, not class) that stole something to make him a sorcerer (probably wild magic).  Or an Aasimar warlock that I haven’t really worked out. But it will probably just end up being some half-orc ranger.
View Quote
I ran one of those in our last Pathfinder campaign. He was fun.

I can't decide if I want to do Dragonborn for my pally or another Half-Orc or even Elf.  Choice paralysis is real...
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I never played the first two games but have always been interested.  Will I miss out on too much starting with the third one?

FWIW, I enjoyed playing the original Neverwinter games and the online Neverwinter game.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I never played the first two games but have always been interested.  Will I miss out on too much starting with the third one?

FWIW, I enjoyed playing the original Neverwinter games and the online Neverwinter game.
View Quote

No, you won't miss anything other than references and in jokes most likely.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Here toy go:
Baldur's Gate 1 + 2 Full Story Recap
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I never played any of them, or DnD. It looks interesting, and I believe the hype, I'm just not sure I'd enjoy turn based combat very much anymore, especially because I've been so deep into Diablo IV since release
View Quote

Same here, my brother picked it up but he enjoys the storyline and was getting pissed off because of one person initiates something storyline you only see it if you click on the person who started it or something so he's missed a lot.

That said working on my s1 druid hoping to hit 100 in a week or so.. finally got my tempest roar lol
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep.  No pre-load either. 150GB download, 122GB space needed.
View Quote

Mine shows just under 80GB, but that's not the final release version.  I doubt it could much larger but I expect the final file size will grow some.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:52:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Mine shows just under 80GB, but that's not the final release version.  I doubt it could much larger but I expect the final file size will grow some.
View Quote
That's per Larian in one of their recent community updates.

ETA: Free up 150GB: Baldur's Gate 3 developers have updated the system requirements of the hotly anticipated RPG.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

The EA is entirely separate from the release, and will be an entirely different download instead of a patch.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry to say, but it's pretty much impossible to avoid wokeness in any major game released these days. It is what it is.

Luckily you can avoid almost all of it by the choices you make. Hell I may even go full Sharia Law on any NPC who even hints at anything that I disprove of.

I saw a video where at the full release of the game this Thursday you can customize your main character's genitals. You can select from penis A, B, or C. You also have the choice between vulva A, B, or C. I don't believe this was a joke or a mod as during their last online developer discussion they showed the final build and you could see it as an option during character creation. They didn't go into details, but I believe there is an option in settings to show nudity.

So I am hyped for the game. I even took a few vacation days next week to play a bit, especially if we have a rainy day.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Apparently there’s not much customization you can do to your character’s appearance, bit the creator was sure to mention that there’s a lot of customization you can do with their genitalia.  

I have been a huge fan of the series, but I think I’ll save my money.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Apparently there’s not much customization you can do to your character’s appearance, bit the creator was sure to mention that there’s a lot of customization you can do with their genitalia.

View Quote
"...a lot of customization you can do with their genitalia." consists of three vulva options, 3 penis options, or none.

There are something like 3 dozen hair styles.  Not sure where you're getting your info, but I disagree with it and its importance to the game.

Luckily there are tons of other games that probably align with your personal tastes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"...a lot of customization you can do with their genitalia." consists of three vulva options, 3 penis options, or none.

There are something like 3 dozen hair styles.  Not sure where you're getting your info, but I disagree with it and its importance to the game.

Luckily there are tons of other games that probably align with your personal tastes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I've spent more time in the character creation screen than I have playing the actual game in early access, and there is definitely many options for customization.  Even when you leave out classes and races, with just a normal human you can do a ton with the appearance. When the game fully releases there will be even more added.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#39]
They are asking people that had early access to delete your saved games, the folder they are in, the uninstall the game and delete mods to avoid any conflicts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a shitload of customization for the characters.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They are asking people that had early access to delete your saved games, the folder they are in, the uninstall the game and delete mods to avoid any conflicts.
View Quote

Even if they didn't advise it, I would have anyways to avoid any issues. The full game weighs in at 122gb as opposed to around 80gb for early access. I'm going to need to buy a bigger HD soon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sorry to say, but it's pretty much impossible to avoid wokeness in any major game released these days. It is what it is.

Luckily you can avoid almost all of it by the choices you make. Hell I may even go full Sharia Law on any NPC who even hints at anything that I disprove of.

I saw a video where at the full release of the game this Thursday you can customize your main character's genitals. You can select from penis A, B, or C. You also have the choice between vulva A, B, or C. I don't believe this was a joke or a mod as during their last online developer discussion they showed the final build and you could see it as an option during character creation. They didn't go into details, but I believe there is an option in settings to show nudity.

So I am hyped for the game. I even took a few vacation days next week to play a bit, especially if we have a rainy day.  

View Quote
That sounds ok. As long as I can kill anyone I don't like in the game it's fine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#43]
So what's the consensus? Does this game force the woke stuff on you or is it just an option? I have family that wants me to play through the game with them. They are pretty much neutral on the topic.

On a side note, I love the original "Last of Us" game but never bought the second one due to the storyline you had to follow.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:08:46 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Wow.  That's quite a bigger change than I was expecting.  I wonder how much of it is "game" and how much is cinematics and the like.

Anyway, glad I got a 2TB SSD as my gaming drive during my last upgrade.

ETA:  I'm sure at least 10GB of that delta is for gay bear seks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay bear sex

Baldur's Gate 3 - Bear Scene - Astarion Romance from Panel from Hell #8
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay bear sex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ByUsg-VXY

That little segment did exactly what Larian hoped and landed them a metric shit ton of free advertising.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Bump for night crew.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Is it finally going to go on sale?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:37:50 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
Is the bear pitching or catching?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That little segment did exactly what Larian hoped and landed them a metric shit ton of free advertising.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's also fucking hilarious.

Quoted:
So what's the consensus? Does this game force the woke stuff on you or is it just an option? I have family that wants me to play through the game with them. They are pretty much neutral on the topic.

On a side note, I love the original "Last of Us" game but never bought the second one due to the storyline you had to follow.

We won't know until the full game is out, but your decisions will dictate much of what happens. It's a game heavily couched in DnD and player freedom. Kill random people if you want. Be a dickhead. Be a lawful good knobgobbler.

There will absolutely 100% be family unfriendly parts if you go that route.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top