Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2002 7:35:05 AM EDT

Republicans Give Alec Baldwin One-way Greyhound ticket to Montreal
Sun Apr 14 2002 10:34:24 ET

The Republican Party of Florida had a gift for actor Alec Baldwin, who was the featured speaker Saturday night at the Florida Democratic Party's state conference at Walt Disney World: A one-way Greyhound ticket to Montreal!

The reason, said Florida GOP chairman Al Cardenas, was because Baldwin reportedly promised to leave the country if President Bush was elected president.

The state GOP paid $70 for the ticket, which was printed in Baldwin's name. GOP staffers also passed out copies of the ticket that said "Well, here in Disney World, dreams can come true!" The fliers were addressed, "Alec, courtesy of your good friends at the Republican Party of Florida."

Baldwin, for his part, had a gift for Republican Gov. Jeb Bush: a stuffed toy with a picture of Bush covering the face which Baldwin called a "Jebbie" award. Baldwin said Bush's efforts as an actor pretending to have the interests of Floridians at heart "would make Lawrence Olivier genuflect in admiration."

Baldwin said he understood that the governor and Lt. Gov. Frank Brogan didn't like his acting.

"I hope you know that hurt my feelings," Baldwin said. "I know an actor when I see one and this governor is a great actor."

END
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot, I'll spring the extra cash to upgrade him to first class if it will shut him up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:56:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i say we just lock him in a trunk and ups his ass to moscow.
View Quote

GULAG!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:41:26 AM EDT
[#4]
NO WAY!!

Canada does not need him!!

We have enough dirtbags here already!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
NO WAY!!

View Quote

Oh, but he could help you straiten out your gun control.
[;)]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
NO WAY!!

View Quote

Dammit, why don't you people suceed from Quebec? Most of your problems would be solved.

themao [chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I think that Baldwin is going to host SNL this week.  E-mail NBC and tell them you are not going to watch it because of this king-kong ass.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't put him on a bus!!  Too many chances to get off.  Furthurmore, send him to Mexico.  That's the kind of gov/social system he seems to like...huge lower class, tiny middle class, tiny upper class, strict gun control, corruption, etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Crappy Jack Ryan.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Crappy Jack Ryan.
View Quote

Yeah.  And that ass-master Ben Affleck is going to sink that legacy lower into the mud.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Looked up the baldwin thing on an urban legend site.  Look's like Baldwin wasn't the only one threatening to leave.

[url]http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/leave.htm [/url]

Viper Out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top