Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 7:04:05 AM EDT
Ok lately I`ve been playing a lot of old Nintendo. And since I`m picking up a new toy next week (Silver Chrome BHP) I`m a little on the broke side. So I went to playing Dragon Warrior3. I beat DW3 so I pulled out DW1.
And now I`m thinking these games are at least 10- 15 years old. How much longer will the backup battery last? You know so I can save the games.Otherwise the catridges are useless.
Also can the battery be replaced for another battery? Or can I send it to Nintendo if they die? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#1]
hello is anyone home?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I think everyone upgraded to N64.

I'm sure the battery can be changed yourself  but you will need that tool which takes off the funny screw they use.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I did too, but I still like my old Nintendo!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Man that is old. My next door nieghbor just threw out into municipal trash dump a whole $hitload of those game cartridges and a console. Probably hundreds of dollars in cart alone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Shouldn`t have done that unless they were completly fubar. Some dinosaurs like me still like that stuff. And every so often a Nintendo game IS worth a decent amount. Ex Tetris by Tengen, got pull off the shelf I think a week or two after its release and it sometimes goes for a C note.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shouldn`t have done that unless they were completly fubar. Some dinosaurs like me still like that stuff. And every so often a Nintendo game IS worth a decent amount. Ex Tetris by Tengen, got pull off the shelf I think a week or two after its release and it sometimes goes for a C note.
View Quote

Should've sold it on E-Bay, but I don't think she wanted to go thru the trouble. And my wife wouldn't let it in the house either, as I'm already a pack-rat collecting too much junk.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think even Lithium batteries are good for 10-15 years (at room temperature, that is – you should have stored the cartridges in the fridge!).

[url=http://www.mouser.com]Mouser Electronics[/url] has a good selection of Lithium backup batteries in various sizes; very reasonable prices and shipping.

Avoiding losing the game while you're replacing the battery might be a bit of a challange – as soon as you unsolder the old battery, there's no longer any power present to retain whatever's in memory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top