Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/30/2003 7:04:05 AM EDT
Ok lately I`ve been playing a lot of old Nintendo. And since I`m picking up a new toy next week (Silver Chrome BHP) I`m a little on the broke side. So I went to playing Dragon Warrior3. I beat DW3 so I pulled out DW1. And now I`m thinking these games are at least 10- 15 years old. How much longer will the backup battery last? You know so I can save the games.Otherwise the catridges are useless. Also can the battery be replaced for another battery? Or can I send it to Nintendo if they die? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:01:36 AM EDT
hello is anyone home?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 11:04:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/30/2003 11:06:35 AM EDT by SeaDweller]
I think everyone upgraded to N64. I'm sure the battery can be changed yourself but you will need that tool which takes off the funny screw they use.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:00:59 AM EDT
I did too, but I still like my old Nintendo!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:25:50 AM EDT
Man that is old. My next door nieghbor just threw out into municipal trash dump a whole $hitload of those game cartridges and a console. Probably hundreds of dollars in cart alone.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
Shouldn`t have done that unless they were completly fubar. Some dinosaurs like me still like that stuff. And every so often a Nintendo game IS worth a decent amount. Ex Tetris by Tengen, got pull off the shelf I think a week or two after its release and it sometimes goes for a C note.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:57:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 223spree: Shouldn`t have done that unless they were completly fubar. Some dinosaurs like me still like that stuff. And every so often a Nintendo game IS worth a decent amount. Ex Tetris by Tengen, got pull off the shelf I think a week or two after its release and it sometimes goes for a C note.
View Quote
Should've sold it on E-Bay, but I don't think she wanted to go thru the trouble. And my wife wouldn't let it in the house either, as I'm already a pack-rat collecting too much junk.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:35:02 AM EDT
I don't think even Lithium batteries are good for 10-15 years (at room temperature, that is – you should have stored the cartridges in the fridge!). [url=http://www.mouser.com]Mouser Electronics[/url] has a good selection of Lithium backup batteries in various sizes; very reasonable prices and shipping. Avoiding losing the game while you're replacing the battery might be a bit of a challange – as soon as you unsolder the old battery, there's no longer any power present to retain whatever's in memory.
Top Top