Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:09:40 AM EDT
I'm practicing my positive thinking skillz.

FUCK YOU JIM DOYLE!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Wis who?

Oh, THAT state. Hell, I almost forgot that place existed. Where are they on the map again?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
is it official or going to get voted on?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:15:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
is it official or going to get voted on?

Final veto override vote is today.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#4]
If WI gets concealed carry passed, I might consider moving back there. Of course the tax rates would need to come down, wages would need to come up, and a few other things.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Goodluck guys
ETA: and the packs still suck
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#6]
What time is the vote?  and how can we stay abreast?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:25:02 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:40:07 AM EDT
[#8]
If you guys get it, I am cracking open my last can of Point beer to celebrate.  It has been in the fridge for over a year.  

Good luck,

John
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]
tagged
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Good Luck...  I hope it goes well
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:48:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The Assembly is scheduled to start the session @ 11:00 AM (Central) this morning.  SB403 (The Personal Protection Act) is pretty much the first thing on the agenda after roll call.

Link to SB403

Listen to the Assembly here

Click either the "Video Frame" or "Audio" tabs up at the top (runs through Windows Media Player).  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#12]
If you want to see how politics really work Wisconsin members should get to the capitol ASAP and be there by at least 10am today!  Make sure you dress professionally.  If you want to see your NRA dollars at work, see all the backdoor deals going on, to feel the intense drama and action of trying to get legislators in order, today is the day.  It is something you will never forget.

From the NRA:

January 26 Update - Today, January 26, the Wisconsin State Senate voted 23-10 to override the Governor's veto of the Personal Protection Act. The bill now moves to the Assembly for an override vote that is scheduled for Tuesday, January 31. In support of the PPA, please attend Tuesday's vote at 10:00 a.m., on the 3rd floor of the West Wing at the capitol. Please also contact your State Representative reminding him or her to continue their support of the PPA by voting to override the Governor's veto on Tuesday, January 31. Representatives can be reached at (800) 362-9472.

Representatives John Steinbrink (D-65) and Terry Van Akkeren (D-26) have not yet committed to vote to override the Governor's veto. Please contact these two representatives and ask them to remain consistent in their support of Wisconsinites' right to protect themselves and their loved ones from violence by voting to override the Governor's veto of the PPA, as they both did in 2004.

You can reach Representative Steinbrink by phone at (888) 534-0065, or by e-mail at [email protected]. You can reach Representative Van Akkeren by phone at (888) 529-0026, or by e-mail at [email protected].

If you can get to the capitol now!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Assembly is scheduled to start the session @ 11:00 AM (Central) this morning.  SB403 (The Personal Protection Act) is pretty much the first thing on the agenda after roll call.

Listen to the Assembly here

Better yet, go to the capitol and watch the process happen first hand.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:13:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm suprised this thread is so quiet.  It is a huge day for Wisconsin.

Can someone tell me which party controls the Assembly in Wisconsin?  Who is the majority leader and are they friendly towards concealed carry?

Is there a feeling on which way this vote will go?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Can someone tell me which party controls the Assembly in Wisconsin?  Who is the majority leader and are they friendly towards concealed carry?

Republicans.

It will be VERY close.

IIRC in order for the veto to be upheld, democrats who voted for the bill when it was passed will have to change their vote and go against it to uphold the governors veto. That is what happened last year ... one democrat, a sponsor of the bill, voted against it during the veto override.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:18:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you guys get it, I am cracking open my last can of Point beer to celebrate.  It has been in the fridge for over a year.  

Good luck,

John

mmmm year old point.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Republicans.

It will be VERY close.

IIRC in order for the veto to be upheld, democrats who voted for the bill when it was passed will have to change their vote and go against it to uphold the governors veto. That is what happened last year ... one democrat, a sponsor of the bill, voted against it during the veto override.

Yep, everyone who voted for the PPA has to stick with it and override Doyle's veto in order for it to pass. IIRC there are 6 democrats that voted for the PPA, who all need to override Doyle's veto. It certainly is going to be very close...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#18]
tagged for result. Good luck! Ohio got ours two years ago in spite of our idiot RINO governor. Hopefully common sense will prevail in WI.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:27:41 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm thinking a positive thought for y'all.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:28:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link to HTF thread

Called both Lehman and Turner's offices this morning(just got off the phone actually). Both those fuckers are NOT going to vote for the override according to the idiot on the phone.
No suprise here they are both dems but I made my calls.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck,

John

mmmm year old point.

It's better than year old fried curds.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:35:46 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck,

John

mmmm year old point.

It's better than year old fried curds.  

Or 10  year old Rhinelander. I still have a case of that shit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:43:56 AM EDT
[#24]
tag for outcome.

Left WI 9 years ago.  Would love to move back.  No CCW and high taxes are a few of the things keeping me away.  I vist family there often and would love to get a non-res carry permit.   Hope it passes and WI decideds to recip with TN!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#25]

10  year old Rhinelander. I still have a case of that shit.

Have you ever had Huber beer?

or Fox Deluxe beer??

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Good luck folks.

And if you don't mind wishing us the same.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Tag!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They're on:

www.legis.state.wi.us/insession/assembly/index.htm

I hope it goes well!

Great link the video is awesome.

I will be watching this closely today.

I hope they will have reciprocity with MN.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#30]
So, am I correct in reading that the vote to overide has passed?...what next?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:23:36 AM EDT
[#31]
No it will be voted on here shortly.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
No it will be voted on here shortly.

It'll be a while. Right after the start they went to recess so the dems can get everyone in a room and start hammering on the pro-ccw votes to flip flop. They likely won't come out until they get someone to flip and kill the bill.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#33]
btt...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:40:57 AM EDT
[#34]
This is an interesting page on who is lobbying for the bill and if they are for or against it.  ethics.state.wi.us/scripts/2005Session/LegProps.asp?key=REGSB403.  Take note that most of the LEO groups are for it execpt for the sherrifs and police chiefs.

What I'm suprised about is that the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence are both against it.  I guess they don't really want to empower women and make sure they are safe...they rather have them walk around unarmed.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#35]
need reciprocity so's I can travel easily between MI, Wi & Mn....Go Guys! pass that sucker!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
need reciprocity so's I can travel easily between MI, Wi & Mn....Go Guys! pass that sucker!

read the bill.

if i read it correctly, it will have recirpocity with any state that requires you to be 21, and does a background check first.

However, you have to be a non-resident. example: i am in the military, stationed in ND. i cannot use my ND CCW in WI, as i am a wisconsin resident. The only way i could legally carry in WI is with a WI CCW.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:53:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Good luck folks!  We'll be rootin' for ya!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

read the bill.

if i read it correctly, it will have recirpocity with any state that requires you to be 21, and does a background check first.

However, you have to be a non-resident. example: i am in the military, stationed in ND. i cannot use my ND CCW in WI, as i am a wisconsin resident. The only way i could legally carry in WI is with a WI CCW.

Sweet!

I hope this override gets done.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Best of luck to you guys!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Sounding better n' better!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Illinois is next to get CCW!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

After Illinois ejects Daley & Bogoick, think of all the wonderful things that could happen.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Keep us updated. I'm pullin' for ya!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After Illinois ejects Daley & Bogoick, think of all the wonderful things that could happen.

They need to figure out how to keep dead people from voting in order to make that happen...
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This is an interesting page on who is lobbying for the bill and if they are for or against it.  ethics.state.wi.us/scripts/2005Session/LegProps.asp?key=REGSB403.  Take note that most of the LEO groups are for it execpt for the sherrifs and police chiefs.

What I'm suprised about is that the Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence are both against it.  I guess they don't really want to empower women and make sure they are safe...they rather have them walk around unarmed.  

Of real note is that the ONLY LE organisation to support the bill throughout was the Union of the Milwaukee PD. The only reson the other groups got on it was becasue they added the vehical registration tie in to the bill, so that LEOs could find out durring traffic stops if the registered owner of the vehical has a CCW. They wanted it for "officer safety" on the same token becuase of that, a wisconsin res now has to have a wi permit to CCW, under the onld version of the bill, the one vetoed last time, a wisconsin res could have carried on a non res permit from another state.

Not ice to it tells them if the registered owner, not nessesarily the driver, has a CCW.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#46]
It would be funny if all Wisconsin gun owners starting shooting into the air after the vote passed.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#47]
btt
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Pardon me if I don't hold my breath for that, as I wait to see if they are going reinstate the AWB.

Anyway, good luck to you guys iin the great white North, and tag for outcome.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Sweet!

I hope this override gets done.

Now MN jsut needs to start recognizong osme other state's permits.....

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#50]
TAG
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top