Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2003 6:53:30 AM EDT
Anybody know a good web-based method for researching somebodies military background.  We've got a guy at the range I shoot at that has some really off the wall stories.  I know for a fact that if I can call bullshit on him the owner will kick him out permanently.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sign up with military.com and check him out.  A few months back you could verify someone's military service - I'm guessing its still the same now.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
What branch was he supposedly in? If it's the usual seal stuff they have a website that if someone is availible a "real deal" will pay them a visit. and there are plenty of people on this board who are active and can do research in a hurry for you. military.com is user based so if he put his b.s. in there it shows up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Army CAG.  I seriously doubt he put his info in military.com but they did have info on how to request public records, I was gonna give it a try, I found out today that I'm on orders for korea in march.  I just got back from Asscrackistan in AUG and now I gotta go to another shithole.  AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Just call bullshit and ask him for his DD214. Unless he has bothered to input his info into one of the web sites you're not going to find any info on him.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just call bullshit and ask him for his DD214. Unless he has bothered to input his info into one of the web sites you're not going to find any info on him.

Yup, most vets who are proud of their service keep their DD214 nearby.  I keep a copy in my dayplanner.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm listed on military.com in 3 different entries with 2 different ranks.  It looks like they got information from discharges for immediate reenlistment.  I did not submit any information to any web site concerning my military service.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I've checked up on myself, and I don't seem to exist.

I will procuce a DD214 on request.

edited so I can be a smartass: OTOH, Ol' Teddy's Regimental clerk sure goofed up a lot. Maybe he forgot to enter my name on the proper website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top