Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2021 8:03:04 PM EDT
What the what!  Man I guess that would be ok if they redid the first and 5 season. But he'll, leave
The middle alone. It was awesome!
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/babylon-5-reboot-cw-1235021237/
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
They're gonna make it a diversity festival of suck, you know that right?
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's a string possibility. But JMS is still writing it. His comics haven't sucked nor been diversity B's.

Don't know why they don't do psy corps or technomages. Lots of good material there.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Bruce Willis was really good in that!
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bruce Willis was really good in that!
View Quote

Lol. Man I wish Doyle was still alive :(
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#5]
ugh it will be all 20 somethings and woke horseshit with lots of gender and race swapping from the original series characters.

I wish this was just on HBOmax instead of the CW.

Link Posted: 10/2/2021 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Five or ten years ago while I still had cable I caught a few episodes of some CW DC universe superhero shows.  I have vague memories of the Flash having the hots for the mixed race daughter of his father’s friend that raised them as adoptive brother and sister while his gay police chief kept talking about his husband, and a Supergirl universe where little Jimmy Olson was a huge buff black guy and  her adopted sister was a lesbian with an alien fetish and the world’s scrawniest metrosexual Superman showed up to talk about how she was so much stronger than him.

FFS I don’t care if the Flash has the hots foe this generation’s version of Stacy Dash or Halle Berry.  Or if Supergirl’s sister drives around in Subaru listening to the Indigo Girls with her “roommate .”  Or if a supporting character gets changed from his original race/background.  Changing major characters, lumping in weird stuff, deconstructing the main hero, etc. just mean I am both not going to have any interest and be pissed.  They have literally ruined multiple franchises like Terminator, Clancy, etc.  We were cool with realistic badass women and minority characters in Aliens, Terminator, etc. in the 80s

Babylon 5 had plenty of filler, but with a big budget and two or three seasons of ten one hour episodes could have potential.  IF they don’t try to outdo the supergirl/flash/without remorse level of weird wokeness.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]
They'll fuck this up and make it woke
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]
No. Just no.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 4:22:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will be woke as a motherfucker...
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 6:21:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's a string possibility. But JMS is still writing it. His comics haven't sucked nor been diversity B's.

Don't know why they don't do psy corps or technomages. Lots of good material there.
View Quote

Straczynski has blogged about wanting to revisit the B5 universe for years, but Warner wouldn't let go of it & allow him to. So even if this is true & they are letting him do it now, I bet there are content "prerequisites" to greenlighting any of the storylines & characters. It will also be a streaming exclusive. Pass.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I remember B5 being relatively diverse to start with, hell Ivanova had a lesbian romance subplot, though the network axed the kiss they filmed supposedly.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#13]
So I saw on his site that CW didn't pick it up this year. While this is normally a death sentence, the boss at CW pushed it to next year which they don't ever do.

So no boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is my concern as well.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#15]
So, looks like the reboot might be stuck in limbo.  Not sure that's a bad thing in my opinion.  

Now it seems that there is going to be an animated movie with most of the original cast.  That sounds better to me.

https://www.space.com/everything-we-know-about-babylon-5-the-road-home-animated-movie
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Some things are best left alone and remembered fondly for what they were rather than being dug up and having their carcass paraded around for a profit and likely to have their message warped for nefarious purposes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It will be diverse BS like all CW shows in the past 5 years.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Babylon 5: The Road Home | Official Trailer | Warner Bros. Entertainment
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
So has anyone watched the animated version that came out?  Any good?
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So has anyone watched the animated version that came out?  Any good?
View Quote

I watched it a month or two ago. It was meh. It was like a 'memberberries episode. You barely got any of the character interactions that you actually wanted like Londo and pretty much anyone. He had like one short bit scene that wasn't memorable at all. I don't think Bester was in it, or if he was it lacked any reason for me to remember. The animated space fight scenes were not well done. It seemed they forgot the physics based movements of the original and every fighter was basically a world war 2 fighter aircraft banking and flying 20 feet from structures. They made the big mistake of showing the Shadows way too much. In the original series, the shadows were seldomly shown or only subtle glimpses to keep their intrigue. In this cartoon, they were front and center with their dicks hanging out.

I think the series is best left to the first four seasons. Throw season 5 in the trash along with the movies and Crusades.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I remember B5 being relatively diverse to start with, hell Ivanova had a lesbian romance subplot, though the network axed the kiss they filmed supposedly.
View Quote

Delenn was supposed to be much more intersex than what made it to the screen as well, and over time she drifted further and further female on screen.
Top Top