User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FFS...

Moms who have PCOS, mastectomies, or have to work full time job and aren't able to pump at work, people who adopted, moms who had their supply interupted by an emergecy or medical prodecure and their supply didn't come back, premature babies who need to eat before milk comes in, babies with certain alleries, the list goes on and on.

Not everyone has the luxury of breastfeeding. Infant mortality rates were 10 times higher before formula existed.
View Quote

A majority of these women don't have these issues.

Please stop with the bull shit. They don't want to breastfeed because opening a can is easier
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:29:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Orange man takes your rights, dementia man takes your everything else.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The motherfucker "D" voters (THATS YOU NEVERTRUMPER CUM GUZZLERS) are to blame for the fucking dumpster fire this nation has become. They wanted to destroy Orange Man and wound up destroying a nation and now they starve babies instead of murdering them in the womb. I curse every 2020 "D" voter to everlasting torment.

Orange man takes your rights, dementia man takes your everything else.

I see the first Never Trumper showed up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
This will get worse before it gets better.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If only there was another, natural, limitless, healthier option out there then formula
View Quote

My wife's production was not good and my second son, true to his nature now, was a lazy bastard that would latch and fall asleep rather than suck.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The motherfucker "D" voters (THATS YOU NEVERTRUMPER CUM GUZZLERS) are to blame for the fucking dumpster fire this nation has become. They wanted to destroy Orange Man and wound up destroying a nation and now they starve babies instead of murdering them in the womb. I curse every 2020 "D" voter to everlasting torment.
View Quote

Democrats are literally a domestic enemy...their policies, corruption, regulations, and incompetence are destroying every facet of this nation from energy to baby formula.  RINOs are in the same category and while some of Trump's endorsements are questionable, the vast majority are "America First" candidates.

As Bongino so correctly says: "Republicans won't solve all your problems, but Democrats are the cause of all your problems..." Vote Democrats (and RINOs) out of office, simply for the sake of survival.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:37:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn they hate kids.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Please stop with the bull shit. They don't want to breastfeed because opening a can is easier
View Quote

My wife is breastfeeding our newborn son every 2 hours, 24 hours a day. But she has PCOS so its not enough to sustain him. We have no choice but to supplement with formula.

So no, I wont stop with "this bullshit."

ETA: Also breastfeeding is about 100x easier than formula feeding, so I don't know where this notion of moms being lazy came from. Buying formula, washing bottles, mixing formula, heating bottles, it all sucks. Breastfeeding is free and easy when it works, but again its not always an option.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:38:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The shortage sucks. We go through a big jar every 8 days and since Feb we've had trouble sourcing it.  Not all formula is equal, and switching between some of the brands or varieties causes massive GI issues resulting in gnarly diaper rash and a miserable baby.  Fortunately some out of state relatives of ours found a case of our preferred formula and are shipping it to us.  Disaster averted for another month and a half!

Fortunately the baby will be 1yr old in July, and we can start weaning off the formula.
View Quote

Prices on eBay are crazy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Bring back wetnurses.  Have mom use her sister / friends / neighbors.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:44:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bring back wetnurses.  Have mom use her sister / friends / neighbors.
View Quote

All the titties are welcome. Like a buffet!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:12:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The shutdown of the production facility just helped sales of Chinese formula,10% for the big guy.
View Quote

We don’t buy formula from China. The Chinese don’t trust the formula made in China.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:13:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

As someone with a baby on the way....does anyone know the conversion rate of .22LR to baby formula?

I'm all for capitalism, but the scalper mentality is getting out of hand. Feels like shit tier people will neckbeard anything these days.

I know, I know, if I don't like it I can just start my own baby formula company...I'll go be poor somewhere else.
View Quote
You don't even need to start a company. Baby formula can be mixed up in your kitchen. Even better, momma will probably produce plenty.

If all the mothers who formula feed out of convenience went back to breast feeding, the problem would be solved within a week.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

FFS...

Moms who have PCOS, mastectomies, or have to work full time job and aren't able to pump at work, people who adopted, moms who had their supply interupted by an emergecy or medical prodecure and their supply didn't come back, premature babies who need to eat before milk comes in, babies with certain alleries, the list goes on and on.

Not everyone has the luxury of breastfeeding. Infant mortality rates were 10 times higher before formula existed.
View Quote
Sure there are some people with genuine issues. There are many more who just gave up and use formula for convenience.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:18:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You don't even need to start a company. Baby formula can be mixed up in your kitchen. Even better, momma will probably produce plenty.

If all the mothers who formula feed out of convenience went back to breast feeding, the problem would be solved within a week.
View Quote

The trouble is once the milk is gone, it doesnt come back. Thats regardless of if they stopped voluntarily or there was a medical issue affecting supply.

You cant just stop breastfeeding for 2 weeks and then start again.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:18:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The shortage sucks. We go through a big jar every 8 days and since Feb we've had trouble sourcing it.  Not all formula is equal, and switching between some of the brands or varieties causes massive GI issues resulting in gnarly diaper rash and a miserable baby.  Fortunately some out of state relatives of ours found a case of our preferred formula and are shipping it to us.  Disaster averted for another month and a half!

Fortunately the baby will be 1yr old in July, and we can start weaning off the formula.
View Quote
You can start weaning quite a bit earlier than a year. My first son had some chicken nuggets at 9 months. Most my kids started having some baby cereals and mashed foods well before the year mark.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sure there are some people with genuine issues. There are many more who just gave up and use formula for convenience.
View Quote

How exactly is is more convenient to deal with buying and mixing formula, washing bottles endlessly, warming bottles, vs just putting them on a tit? Thats nonsense.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Not my recipe but seems legit?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:22:18 AM EDT
[#22]
That fucker looks as demented as pedo joe
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Look at how people hoard things they don't strictly need when there might be a shortage.  Baby formula market is going to be ridiculous for the next several months just based on that.  People are really desperate, this'll make the usual 22LR shortage look like child's play.
View Quote

Well it’s food so they actually need it.  I had a coworker with 6 containers when Covid shut down work for 2 weeks and there was a shortage. It’s a lot more important than some 22LR.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The trouble is once the milk is gone, it doesnt come back. Thats regardless of if they stopped voluntarily or there was a medical issue affecting supply.

You cant just stop breastfeeding for 2 weeks and then start again.
View Quote
Some kids ween and others are born every week. It would be solved quickly by new mothers working harder to ensure good production, older infants weening a little early and some people making home made formula.

It's a sucky situation, but it's pretty unlikely to lead to dead kids as long as they have decent parents.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Biden really is the most hated meat puppet ive ever seen rise that high

Someone who has completely sold out to do whatever he is told and doesn't care that a huge chunk of the country hates him
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

My wife is breastfeeding our newborn son every 2 hours, 24 hours a day. But she has PCOS so its not enough to sustain him. We have no choice but to supplement with formula.

ETA: Also breastfeeding is about 100x easier than formula feeding, so I don't know where this notion of moms being lazy came from. Buying formula, washing bottles, mixing formula, heating bottles, it all sucks. Breastfeeding is free and easy when it works, but again its not always an option.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignore people  who that think that women are nothing but a milk factories. They have no idea what a problem this is. I have a family member going through this and it is a painful experience for the whole extended family. I don’t understand how the greatest country in the world has sunk so low that we can’t feed our babies. I won’t say I fully understand what you are going through but I do have a fair idea. I have been running around getting some formula for her and I am thankful that we only have about three months to go.

My nephew has a 15 month old who used formula. They bought some machine that makes mixes and heats the formula for you. Think an expresso machine for babies. It might save you are lot of work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Let the titties flow!
View Quote

Pretty sure this formula shortage isn’t forcing women who didn’t want to breastfeed to breastfeed.  This means starting just a few hours after birth and giving up all lunch and 15 minute breaks at work.
It also means yelling at grandma for dumping out a bottle because you CAN’T just ‘go buy more.’
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How exactly is is more convenient to deal with buying and mixing formula, washing bottles endlessly, warming bottles, vs just putting them on a tit? Thats nonsense.
View Quote
I personally know a girl who had three kids from three daddies and never nursed - because it was uncomfortable when she tried with the first one.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:28:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wonder how many people are out buy formula to resell? I bet that is going to be a big problem. I would suggest draw and quartering for them but I don’t want to hurt the horses.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The shutdown of the production facility just helped sales of Chinese formula,10% for the big guy.
View Quote

China's not selling it to us.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:30:03 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400935/Screenshot_20220514-081912_Outlook_jpg-2383278.JPG
Not my recipe but seems legit?

Store bought wasn't really a thing 50+ years ago and making your own worked pretty damn good. People are lazy and self centered today and would rather spend a ton of money then 5 minutes in a kitchen. [we were all adopted as babies, there wasn't ready made formula all over the shelves back then like there is today]

I know there are moms who either can't or don't produce enough but the vast majority is because they don't want to breast feed because it can be a PITA even though companies and society has bent over backward to let them do so.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Have you been watching the news. Everyone tells you not to make your own baby formula. They specifically talk about all the old recipes floating around on the internet. In the 30s, infant mortality was about 60 per 1,000 live births now it is 6 per 1,000. Modern formula came into use in the 80s.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I personally know a girl who had three kids from three daddies and never nursed - because it was uncomfortable when she tried with the first one.
View Quote

I agree that is a thing, but please dont write off the amount of people with real issues. I have a feeling that its more prevelant than you realize, and there are currently many babies at risk now because of the situation.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:38:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Have you been watching the news. Everyone tells you not to make your own baby formula. They specifically talk about all the old recipes floating around on the internet. In the 30s, infant mortality was about 60 per 1,000 live births now it is 6 per 1,000. Modern formula came into use in the 80s.
View Quote
No I don't watch the news. I was reluctant to post because "Karo syrup", but I thought others would chime in. People will resort to homemade if they have to feed their baby and have breastfeeding issues so figured it was relevant.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Look at how people hoard things they don't strictly need when there might be a shortage.  Baby formula market is going to be ridiculous for the next several months just based on that.  People are really desperate, this'll make the usual 22LR shortage look like child's play.
View Quote

My wife was in the store the other day and saw a woman scarfing up cans of formula like it was toilet paper. Hording it or selling it one can only guess.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Blackrock is missing an opportunity here...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No I don't watch the news. I was reluctant to post because "Karo syrup", but I thought others would chime in. People will resort to homemade if they have to feed their baby and have breastfeeding issues so figured it was relevant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They won’t need home made if Biden would act. They have formula in the EU but we cannot import it because only a few plants are FDA inspected. Somehow I think the formula sold in Germany, France and the UK are high quality and we can use it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah they can put their snake venom vaccine in baby food...since they put new borns off limits (for now)...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:57:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:12:22 AM EDT
[#40]

Use distilled water in that recipe, other than that it's legit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#41]
There are four producers of baby formula in the US, ONE is shut down.

There should not be a huge shortage at all, at most 25% less on the shelves not empty shelves.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
What have you heard about Bill Gates' 'Franken milk' product? The lab created synthetic breast milk? Is it a coincidence it is being rolled out now?

View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump just delayed their plans, IF Hildbeast won in 2016 we would be three or our years farther along on the "Destroy America Plan".
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Maybe the US Gov't should send more money to Ukraine and let more people cross the Southern border... and those MAGA terrorist... and those fuel guzzling vehicles causing all these greenhouse problems and climate change problems and, and, and... maybe the US Gov't should send more money to Ukraine...

and aren't US birth rates declining too. Why is this even a problem when we have the resources to not let it be one in my opinion. Who am I voting for again?

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's ok though because Biden is sending pallets of formula to the border so at least the illegals can feed their kids.  That's a pretty legit mega-villian plan right there.  Procure as much formula as possible for illegals while starving the babies of American citizens.  All those little illegals are going to be voters in a year or two so each brown baby life matters.
View Quote

Is there a credible cite for that?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In March I was looking for Similac. A can that sold for $35-40 at Walmart was on eBay for $400. I did not buy it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Dems and babies, kill them or starve them……evil.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There are four producers of baby formula in the US, ONE is shut down.

There should not be a huge shortage at all, at most 25% less on the shelves not empty shelves.

View Quote

Abbott makes 40% of the formula sold in the US. One of their plants is shutdown but I have no idea how much of their production is from that plant. I believe they have four or five plants in the US and one in Ireland.

There was a shortage of formula dating back to August of 2021. I can tell you as a fact that it was getting hard to find Similac Pro-Advance before Christmas. Speculation is that people were stocking up because they were fearful of shortages due to possible lockdowns.

Do you remember when it was hard to find 22lr? Think how you felt if you could not take your 8yo to the range. Now imagine how you would feel if you could not feed your 8mo.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#50]

Tell me that you don’t know shit about breastfeeding without saying you don’t know shit about breastfeeding.

My wife is blessed to be able to breastfeed. Still, there are plenty of healthy moms who are just unable to. Or stress leads to low production one day. Or baby is allergic to mom’s milk. Or baby just wants way more than mom can make. Or asshole bosses won’t let mom pump at the right times of day and supply goes away.

Some of you people in this thread
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top