Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 7:32:34 AM EDT
Local store has the camo Henry U.S. Survival AR-7 that I want,and I NEED TO KNOW NOW if this thing is California legal,as I'm gonna hike with it when I go later this year.PLEASE!!!
It's the ONLY thing keeping me from getting it.HELP ME WITH YOUR WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE!
Also....
I have a few questions for users of this weapon.How does it hold up to heavy use? (lots of firing,lots of outings into the wild) does it hold up as well as a "standard" semi-auto .22 rifle? Anything I should know about it? accurate? sights any good?
Magazines? how fast/easy is assembly? is this rifle as neat as it appears to be? I'd REALLY appreciate your comments,as my local shop has a few laying around and It seems like a good investment,as I cannot bring my AR-15 to California (the AR-7 is cali legal right?)
and I plan to do some camping/hiking when I'm there,and a super-light .22 would seem to be a VERY useful device.Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKYOU!!! AND I MEAN IT!!!:)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of those Henry AR-7 clones when I was living in Iowa.  It was an impulse purchase.  It seems as if I always wanted one when I was a Boy Scout, and so I plunked down som cash for one when they came available again.  

Other than the nostalgia, I wasn't really impressed with it.  

If I were you I'd save my money or buy a Ruger 10/22.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one of the AR-7's years and years ago, (Before they were made by Henry) It jammed alot and had a reciol spring that looked like it came out of a kid's toy.

I got rid of it quick.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't if I were you.  IMHO you would be far better served with a 10/22 as a rifle, or a Ruger, Browning or Sig pistol, maybe a Walther P22.

Those AR7s aren't meant to be shot a lot and a lot of people have mag-related feed problems with them.  Pistols such as the above are handy, more reliable, and pretty darned accurate if you do your part.  They have excellent triggers, I'll bet far better than the AR7, and probably better sights too.

Sounds like you've already made your choice but that's my .02.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top