Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2002 2:54:59 AM EDT
I was busted for TP'ing about 4 hours ago(no fine, just had to clean it up). Yes, I know it is a stoopid thing to do but it is fun.(don't ask me to defend it other than some weak-ass arguements such as: harmless prank, looks neat, tradition, umm...there must be something else)

Many people around here don't care if you TP them but occasionally someone cares enough to call the police. (usually in the past the officers have complimented us as to the nice job we did, then they say we can take some pictures of it, then we have to clean it up)

We have a local tradition of TP'ing our football coachs' houses the night before the homecoming game and then the next day blaming it on the opposing team (even though the coachs' know damn well who done it). Every year the police officers on duty drive by while we are TP'ing and they just laugh and tell us to do a good job.

I was just wondering what you peoplez think about TP'ing, and if it is common in other parts of the country?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing a load of rocksalt in the ass wouldn't cure.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I've always liked this sig line:

"The gene pool could use a little chlorine."

Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:37:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Ah crap...I knew that sig line would bite me in the ass the minute I typed it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:57:44 AM EDT
[#6]
We call it 'rolling' down here.

Yes, it is wrong, and it [b]is[/b] illegal down here - think 'littering.'

So, how old are you ARndog?[:D]

Well, it wasn't 'homecoming' last night, so what did the young lady do to merit all your attention?

Eric The(OldFart)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:00:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Local law, IIRC. There is no state wide 'anti-littering laws' except for highways, parks, and to prevent commercial/construction dumping.

But throwing trash into someone else's yard is most definitely littering.

I would imagine in Plano, they would probably call it vandalism.

Class C misdemeanor.

Eric The(ReallyOldFart)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:03:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, [b]DoubleFeed[/b], but a Hun's gotta do what a Hun's gotta do.

My earlier post was recalled by its author, revised, and re-released by the publisher.

How do you think I got to 7200 posts?

Eric The(EasyMoney)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:04:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:07:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Actually, I only have around 113 posts, but I have massaged them into my present post count.

I'm amazed you guys haven't caught on yet.

BTW, only a few concern Israel, but those are the ones I keep reposting!

Eric The(AdNauseum)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:22:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm 17 Eric

btw...it wasn't a young lady...it was a guy I used to work with.(more of a prank)

why, does TP'ing a young lady's house put you in her favor? hmm...might have to try that now...
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Trust me, ARndog, the young lady will be touched by all the attention that 'getting rolled' means.

It will be her old man that you will need to carefully avoid!

You know, the one with the baseball bat.

Eric The(SheWillKnowThatShe'sWorthyOfBeingRolled)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I've caught kids doing it. I usually make them clean it up. I've caught kids on the way to doing it. Sometimes I sent them home, and sometimes I sent them to complete their mission (with pointers). Depends on the situation.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#17]
I would imagine in Plano, they would probably call it vandalism
View Quote

"Rolling a house/car/yard/whatever" is vandalism here.  When I was in high school a bunch of kids rolled one of the teacher's yards one weekend.  The teacher took it all in stride knowing she could get her revenge later.  In class that next week, she popped a surprise test on the class and told everyone that the grade on the surprise test was going to be the final grade for the quarter unless whoever rolled her house stepped up and admitted it.  The students that were responsible for it, owned up to it.  Needless to say, those students sucked up to her like crazy for the rest of the year!!!  No one ever rolled her house again either!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Got busted for rollin' a girl's house once in Corona, Ka. The police sat down the road and watched the whole thing, 'til we finished (there were three of us). As soon as we finished and got in the car, the blue lights came on. The officers made us stand on the side walk while they woke the girl's dad. The family was new to the neighborhood and the old man was so impressed that his little girl was popular enough to get tp'ed, he actuallyt thanked us and invited us for a bbq that weekend.

Btw, if you have to clean tp out of trees and the like, the best way is with a water hose/power nozzle.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#19]
A couple of weeks ago I went to the grocery store with my wife and in front of us in the checkout line was about 6 teenagers with what looked to be the entire rolled paper isle.

I have a feeling that it might have been a TP party, and a parent was in the suv outside waiting for them.  None of them were even old enough to drive.

frisco
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#20]
My sister is 4 years younger than me. When she was a junior in HS, she had a little slumber party at the parents house. I was in college and working fulltime but still lived at home with the parents. Having a houseful of scantily clad, pubescent, nubile teenage bodies in Victorias undies was fun. Anyway, during this party some youngboys came sniffing around in their little pubescent fashion. Instead of being Rico Suave, for some reason they thought toilet papering my parent's house would get the gang of young ladies inside all hot. Well they made two gross miscalculations.

1. Toiletpapering the parent's house absolutely does NOT cause teen girls to drop to the ground with their legs spread wide.

2. Toiletpapering the older brother's Harley Davidson motorcycle creates great bodily harm.

I heard them messing around by the toolshed in which I parked the bike. Instead of busing out the back door, I quietly slipped out the side door with a maglite.

I startled a couple of them and they all took off running. The funny thing is that in my post-Freshman fifteen weight gain from doing keg stands, I was able to sprint down and catch one kid who was the big varsity track kid. Go figure.

Since his disloyal buddies didn't bother to come and help him, he was forced to clean off my bike and the entire house by himself.

Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#21]
on a similar note, my truck was egged the other day. its a restored 1980 silverado. the paintjob is in the neiborhood of $5,000. i found out who did it realitivly quickly, and steps have been taken. hte people messing with me have pissed off the whole county. it dosent take more than one well thought phonecall to get things done.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#24]
In my neighborhood when I was growing up, it happened all of the time. People would just clean it up the next day and get on with life. My Mom's birthday was on St. Patrick's Day, and sometimes her friends, on the eve of her birthday, would TP us with rolls of green TP... it always made her happy.

Rest in peace, Mom.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#25]
I happen to be one of those unfortunate coaches that gets TP'ed every year.  The first time, I really didn't mind it.  The second and 3rd, 4th, my wife got pretty pissed off, because they woke us up-she was on call and had to get up in the middle of the night.  My wife had had enough--and so had I.  

This year, the kids on the team had a deal for me.  They offered that if I hosted the BBQ for the team, they would not TP my house.  I thought that was a decent deal, and agreed.  Well, the B#tCh$ that are seniors decided to go back on their word.  I woke up even before they got started and told them to go home.  They all took off running.  Except, the little a$$holes just sat down at the end of the block in their cars waiting for me to go back to bed.  My wife and I had had enough, we called the parents and the police.  The girls kept driving by my house waiting for us to go to bed, until the police pulled them over.  I really wanted to blow through a loaded stripper clip in my 03 A3 at them, but my wife and common sense said no.

What really pissed me off was the breaking of the agreement we had.  Not going home after I caught them, and the parents telling us they knew what their daughters were doing and thought it was ok and funny.  Graduation is Sunday!  Yippie!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
mattsd:  That is just plain WRONG!  Whoever would mess up a $5K paintjob should be made to wetsand it all down to bare metal, using their own blood!
View Quote

i think my paintjob made it out ok, THANK GOD, however, that changes very little as far an i am concerned.

Whoever would mess up a $5K paintjob should be made to wetsand it all down to bare metal, using their own blood!
View Quote

the wheels are in motion (not really bloodsanding though)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top