Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2004 8:11:30 PM EDT
I was listen to TOM G radio program called guntalk. A guy name Alen Gaulet from a gun group in WA state. Said the kerry camp had confimed that Mr. Kerry  has a China made AK 47 he bought back from Vieman. On the wall in his office what the hell some one call BATF. Alen said he is going after him on this bull he does not think he has a tax stampfor the rifle . CLass three rifles are a no no in the state of mass any way aren't they??                  9/20/04       PS: called BATF office in dc and didn't act like they cared all!!! But he BATF office in OKC is going to look into it .Agent told me if he bought brought back any rifle it is not legal he didn't care who he is. All so called local okc am talk radio and talk on air for 5 mins.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Excellent...convicted felons can't hold elected office...unless you're the Mayor of DC...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Really? Link? Proof?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#3]
YES YOU ARE RIGHT
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#4]
if all of you made a call to investigate it.........

nothing will happen

but at least it would seem like there is alot of public opinion on the matter.

give it a shot.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It is probably in his office at the capitol. They are allowed firearms in there.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
What the hell?

If this is true I hope he gets in some serious shit
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is probably in his office at the capitol. They are allowed firearms in there.

lol
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I DON'T HAVE A LINK  it the guy from the 2 amendmet foundtion in wa state
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont get all excited it was probably registered during the amnesty period...
BTW I'm for Bush
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:15:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I WAS LISTEN TO TOM G guntalk a guy name alen gaulet from some gun group in wa state sayed the kerry camp confimed the he has a China ak 47 he bring back from vieman. on the wall in his office what the hell some one call BATF alen said he is going after him on this bull DON'T think he has a tax stamp and class three rifles is not rilfe are a no no in the state of mass any way

Translate please
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]
he make me sick
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
No, you can have MGs in Ma, Robert Silvers is a collector extraordinaire...
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll call the ATF tomorrow about it.  The feds would throw you or me into the hole if we did the same thing.  I'll be goddammned if some prick senator from Massachusetts can break the law with impunity,
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'll call the ATF tomorrow about it.  The feds would throw you or me into the hole if we did the same thing.  I'll be goddammned if some prick senator from Massachusetts can break the law with impunity,

what the hell.

i'll call tommorow afternoon.

should be fun to hear what they say.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I WILL CALL THEM FOR SURE
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You gotta love it, current military officers are being given less than honorable discharges and turned over to the ATF for bringing back the same rifle old Flipper has hanging over his desk.

Have's v. have-not's. Kerry is of the former, speshul  class. Thus, just like Sarah Brady got a pass for straw-buying a bolt gun for her son (listed her SS# as owner on Fed. Form 4473), he'll get one also.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#18]
NFA Branch 202-927-8330

This is the office that handles all transfers of NFA weapons, and maintains the Registry.

NFA Branch FAX  202-927-8601

You can fax Form 2's and 3's in, Form 5 transfers for repair, 5320.20's and probably others as well. Check with NFA Branch to be sure your faxed form will be acceptable and see ATF Ruling 89-1.

Technology Branch  202-927-7910

This is the office that makes all determinations as to whether something falls into one of the NFA categories, as well as determinations as to importability, and many other technical issues to things regulated by ATF (at least as to firearms).

Import Branch  202-927-8320

This office handles permits to import firearms, parts and other related items regulated by federal law.

ATF Distribution Center  703-455-7801

All paper forms may be still ordered from the ATF Distribution Center, P.O. Box 5950, Springfield, VA 22150-5950 or telephone (703) 455-7801.

ATF Licensing Center  404-417-2750

Use this number to check on the status of your FFL or to ask other questions surrounding the basic FFL. Office hours are 8:00a-4:30p, Monday through Friday.

Report Illegal Firearms Activity: 1-800-ATF-GUNS (1-800-283-4867)
Other Criminal Activity: 1-888-ATF-TIPS (1-888-283-8477)

just some numbers
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#19]
THANKS for the numbers
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
He didn't get in trouble for taking illegal possession of a shotgun and then transporting it across state lines.  I doubt he'll get in trouble for this either if it's true.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Probably demilled.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
He didn't get in trouble for taking illegal possession of a shotgun and then transporting it across state lines.  I doubt he'll get in trouble for this either if it's true.

Report both illegal actions.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Dear God,

Please make so the anti-christ Kerry gets charged with a felony and gets thrown in the slammer.  I'll never ask for anything again.

p.s. You can take that other John guy too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I WAS LISTEN TO TOM G guntalk a guy name alen gaulet from some gun group in wa state sayed the kerry camp confimed the he has a China ak 47 he bring back from vieman. on the wall in his office what the hell some one call BATF alen said he is going after him on this bull DON'T think he has a tax stamp and class three rifles is not rilfe are a no no in the state of mass any way

Translate please

HEY! At one time or another we've all had trouble reading our own writing.  He'll be trying to figure out what he wrote tomorrow, along with the rest of us.

?  Lord We Pray that's to blame.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#26]
^
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#27]
He should get that taken care of STAT! I hear these bullet hoses jump off the wall and mow down hundreds of people regardless of who owns them.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:07:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I figured the bastard had an AK all along.

Now the ATF better go in and confiscate it and arrest Kerry. If not, he may go postal as it becomes obvious to him he has no shot at winning the election. Who knows, he might waltz into his party headquarters and off everyone there. Then he might take out everyone at the DNC. Afterward, he'd probably off himself too. So get that bullet hose out of his possession!

Or, maybe they should just let him keep it? LOL.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:15:08 PM EDT
[#29]
This story is kinda old hat...  His chum Teddy "Aquaman" Kennedy has (or had) an M-14 presented to him by workers in a factory that produced them some years ago.

Liberals.  Can't live with 'em.  Can't shoot em.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 2:31:00 AM EDT
[#30]
The radio show was Tom Gresham's GUN TALK.  Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation called in to say that he had contacted Kerry's campaign to ask if Kerry owns an assault rifle.  Kerry previously had implied that he had a “Communist Chinese assault rifle” when questioned in an article in the October issue of Outdoor Life.

Alan is assuming that the gun is an AK-47.  As previous posts on ARFCOM stated, this “Communist Chinese assault rifle” might be an SKS.  Considering Kerry's problem with truth-telling, it's impossible to know what he meant (or didn't), what gun he owns (or doesn't) and where the gun is (or isn't.)

Here's a link to the Second Amendment Foundation.
Hopefully, Alan and his crew will have an update on this situation soon.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:18:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Even if he currently has a full-auto AK on his wall nothing will happen to him.  Before the ATF even made it there someone would let him know and it would be demilled or removed from the office.

Too bad there wasn't some way we could use this as a reason to get rid of the 1986 ban on new machine guns.  Then Jonny could keep his AK legally and we could get new toys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:24:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:28:11 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Since when.  Senators can break any law they choose.  The law doesn't apply to them.  If it did, we'd get much better government than the bullshit we have to put up with now.  They can vote themselves pay raises, get the best health care in the world free, get their salary for life after serving one term, affect your livelihood and your security with any silly assed bill they can think up or vote for.  They travel free, entertain free and eat free.  Assholes like Kennedy and Kerry live the privileged life.  They never had to worry about making a house payment, an insurance payment, paying for schoolbooks or anything else.  They never had to figure out a way to pay for college or what they were going to do when they got out.  They never sweated a loan application and they never needed one.  They never had to make a set of tires last another payday.  They never had to put off braces for the kids because it was that or buy groceries.  They never worried about having enough money for lunch at McDonalds.  They think they're too good to even eat fast food.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Last time I checked unless the reciever is cut into three pieces it is not demilled.

It depends on when it was demilled. As people have become more skilled at reactivating demilled weapons the rules for demilling have evolved. In the past, three cuts with a bandsaw was enough, now it's three cuts with a torch and I believe at least 3/8th inch of material must be removed.

Long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away, it was enough to just fill the chamber with lead so that a bullet couldn't be chambered. There are a lot of live machineguns out there that were rewatted from dewat guns by simply rebarreling.

Good post. 100% correct.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#35]
More details pleaze.

Could be SKS, prolly is. I'm not sure he could bring back full auto from Vietnam.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:07:13 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Liberals.  Can't live with 'em.  Can't shoot em.  

"America is in that awkward stage.  It's too late to work within the system and to soon to shoot the bastards."

Wait for it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:55:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You gotta love it, current military officers are being given less than honorable discharges and turned over to the ATF for bringing back the same rifle old Flipper has hanging over his desk.

Have's v. have-not's. Kerry is of the former, speshul  class. Thus, just like Sarah Brady got a pass for straw-buying a bolt gun for her son (listed her SS# as owner on Fed. Form 4473), he'll get one also.

Technically what Sarah Brady was legal. If you read Notice 1 on Form 4473 it reads in part: "You are also the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm as a legitimate gift for a third party". As far as federal law is concerned, what she did was legal. As for her state law, I cannot say.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Alan is assuming that the gun is an AK-47.  As previous posts on ARFCOM stated, this “Communist Chinese assault rifle” might be an SKS.  Considering Kerry's problem with truth-telling, it's impossible to know what he meant (or didn't), what gun he owns (or doesn't) and where the gun is (or isn't.)

Quite frankly, given Kerry's whimsical regard for facts, for all we know it could be a Moison-Nagant M44.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If not, he may go postal as it becomes obvious to him he has no shot at winning the election. Who knows, he might waltz into his party headquarters and off everyone there. Then he might take out everyone at the DNC. Afterward, he'd probably off himself too.

Quit teasing us!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:10:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Dont get all excited it was probably registered during the amnesty period...
BTW I'm for Bush

1) His service came too late to qualify for the amnesty.

2) Even if the gun is demilled now, it was illegal to bring back.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:10:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Geez, some of you guys squeal like little girls whenever you hear something about Kerry.

There is no evidence that he did anything wrong or that he even has an AK. Stick to his lackluster record and his treason, not some 'he said, she said' BS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Dear God,

Please make so the anti-christ Kerry gets charged with a felony and gets thrown in the slammer.  I'll never ask for anything again.

The Anti-Christ will be 'loved' by most everyone and that is not true of sKerry.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Geez, some of you guys squeal like little girls whenever you hear something about Kerry.

There is no evidence that he did anything wrong or that he even has an AK. Stick to his lackluster record and his treason, not some 'he said, she said' BS.

+1

As a matter of fact i'd actually have a microsecond of respect for the guy if he DID have a Full Auto AK, legal or otherwise hanging off his wall.  (obvious hypocritical issues ignored)
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Dear God,

McCain?

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:46:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Probably demilled.

Last time I checked unless the reciever is cut into three pieces it is not demilled.

A process probably being done even as we speak.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:56:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#47]
This is hilarious...you mean you guys actuall want BATF to go bust somebody?  What the hell!  What  a bunch of whiners!  Do you think for one minute it is possible in this universe for a senator to have, hanging on his wall, a full auto weapon that was not legal?  He's stupid....but not THAT stupid.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#48]
We should all have AK-47s on our walls.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top