Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 7:38:07 AM EDT
a company is now offering crate '69 camaro bodies!!!!!!!!  brand new steel!!!!!!!  

next up: mustang fastbacks

cost per complete body is supposed to be 12-14K

article on it in the october hot rod magazine, story sources listed:

www.classicautomotiverestoration.com

www.classicindustries.com

www.dynacorn.com

they also plan to offer COMPLETE TURN KEY CARS starting at $40K
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]

I want a Nash Metropolitan!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome! Now, if only I could afford one...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW, why don't we save some time and just contact him on the secret Psychopolitician communist international banking conspiracy network?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:51:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Where are you supposed to get the rest of the car?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:57:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
once more for the dutch guy............
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

From the factory of corse.

When my sister worked at ford HQ she stated " They had such an extensive inventory or parts in most of the parts whare houses you could easily build anything from the 50's on up using all original parts".

The parts are there boys and girls you just got to have the $$$$ to purchase them

Oh and if your driving a new crown vic, she designed the ash tray.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#8]
In the late 80's Hot Rod mag had a feature on a Nash they put a 454 into.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:45:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

National Parts Depot

Everything you need to restore a Mustang (I know from personal experience) and a Camaro.
Sheetmetal, trim, interior, everything is being reproduced.

Brian
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#10]

It was all good, right up to the point where I read this:

Quoted:

What am I, made of money?!?!??

Holy crap that's expensive.

I'm hoping to get something like a vocational school or something to work on it, because there's no way I can spend more than 4 or 5 grand on the body!

... but thanks for thinking of me (although I also wonder if they'd do the 71-73 mustangs at all - they'd probably start with more popular 60's models)
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm hoping to get something like a vocational school or something to work on it, because there's no way I can spend more than 4 or 5 grand on the body!

You say that now..... just wait.

... but thanks for thinking of me (although I also wonder if they'd do the 71-73 mustangs at all - they'd probably start with more popular 60's models)

The Nash Metropolitan is caaaallling..... made until 1962......

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Neither of those links sell crate bodies.  One is a parts company (IMHO, one of the best for early Camaros), the other is some sort of restoration/ bodyshop.  

Can someone who has access to the article tell me what the name of the company is that is selling them??

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say that now..... just wait.

Seriously - if it's going to cost more than that to fix the body, I'll donate the damn thing to some school or something and try to claim a big tax write-off.  I've already thrown WAAAY to much money away on this piece of junk, and I refuse to throw good money after bad.   If I can get it into REASONABLE shape for 4 or 5, I'll do it - but more than that and I'm going to have to condider just walking away and learning a very expensive lesson
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#16]
tagged.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously - if it's going to cost more than that to fix the body, I'll donate the damn thing to some school or something and try to claim a big tax write-off.  I've already thrown WAAAY to much money away on this piece of junk, and I refuse to throw good money after bad.   If I can get it into REASONABLE shape for 4 or 5, I'll do it - but more than that and I'm going to have to condider just walking away and learning a very expensive lesson

I think you should be able to do that, unless teh rust has just over run the body. Fenders aren't all that expensive, I am no body man, but I recall the roof pillars and torque box being hte most expensive areas, Floor pans are also not that big of an issue, they are readily availbale, and inexpensive.

I'm hoping you're right.

I've already got a new floorpan and a new rear panel (the both need replacing) so thsoe are ready tobe welded in.

There's a place across the river here (called mustang corral that has new fenders and refurbished orginal fenders - so I can pick those up without having to pay freight) - and a lot of the rest of the body work can probably be done pretty easily by a body shop.

We'll see how it works out - I'm going to try to find the time to go by a ciple of body shops this week - and have an appointment wit a really reputable body shop next monday.

So by next week I shoud have a much better idea of how happy or depressed I should really be
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I've already got a new floorpan and a new rear panel (the both need replacing) so thsoe are ready tobe welded in.

There's a place across the river here (called mustang corral that has new fenders and refurbished orginal fenders - so I can pick those up without having to pay freight) - and a lot of the rest of the body work can probably be done pretty easily by a body shop.

We'll see how it works out - I'm going to try to find the time to go by a ciple of body shops this week - and have an appointment wit a really reputable body shop next monday.

So by next week I shoud have a much better idea of how happy or depressed I should really be

Wow- you have a body parts source and knowledge source right near you, w/in driving distance? No cost for UPS? Eeeeexcellent! You have it made- here in MA, all the old auto junkyards of my youth are GONE- no parts anywhere!

When I said that 4-5000 dollars seemed not enough, I should have clarified that by saying that the money won't be needed in huge amounts all at once. There will always be little things that need attention, and if you let them go, they turn into a major hassle, and big money pit. That's what often happens. Owners restore autos, auto seems ok, but little pinholes and bubbles develop....and soon....

So a lot of that money would have gone into re-re-doing the rustwork on fenders and rear quarter panels, since body work on metal will eventually have some sort of problem again, esp. if you live in a humid climate.

If you can get fiberglass repros, so much the better. Less weight, and no rust problems on those areas, ever again. Much cheaper, all the way round.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#20]
www.dynacorn.com

is who is making the bodies (says coming soon on their website)

they will be distributed by existing dealers of dynacorn, including classic industries.  they will likely be able to take orders beginning of 2005.

they will also make available (for those of you fuckers with alot more money than me) rollers and complete cars (starting at about $40K)!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#21]
title changed and edited to reflect coolest thing ever, brand new REAL muscle cars!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#22]
DUPE......Been covered already, was in hotrod this month. $40k for a roller, as new 60 muscle car is CHEAP as a really good resto, not concours though, can go $50-$60k.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From the factory of corse.

When my sister worked at ford HQ she stated " They had such an extensive inventory or parts in most of the parts whare houses you could easily build anything from the 50's on up using all original parts".

The parts are there boys and girls you just got to have the $$$$ to purchase them

Oh and if your driving a new crown vic, she designed the ash tray.

Thank her for me. Putting my knee against that thing is the only way to drive comfortably in those things.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I still want my last 60s Mopar.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:43:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
www.dynacorn.com

is who is making the bodies (says coming soon on their website)

they will be distributed by existing dealers of dynacorn, including classic industries.  they will likely be able to take orders beginning of 2005.

they will also make available (for those of you fuckers with alot more money than me) rollers and complete cars (starting at about $40K)!!!!!!

THANK YOU!  I will definately share if I go through with this purchase.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:51:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top