Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you agree that the marine killed the guy.

Cool.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, we’ve had members here argue that a rear naked choke was deadly force and they’d shoot if they got in a fight and someone tried to put them in one.

Maybe AOC is a member here.

You wouldn't shoot someone trying to choke you out?

Is a rear naked choke deadly force?

I'm sure they're choking me out with good intentions.

WTF?

Yes, someone coming to choke me out is abolutely an imminent threat. What a weird comment.

So you agree that the marine killed the guy.

Cool.

You describe an attack, then compare it to self defense. A child could put a better debate together.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
BLM raped and then burned alive a woman in Minneapolis one of their supporters protesting the death of Floyd...
BLM tried to burn America down and certainly tried to kill young Kyle...
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I sure hope people stand behind this marine and not just sit back and do nothing like always.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:13:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Then why don’t you explain why deadly force was justified here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, we’ve had members here argue that a rear naked choke was deadly force and they’d shoot if they got in a fight and someone tried to put them in one.

The standard for use of force is a reasonable belief of death or great bodily harm.
Any reasonable person would believe that the choke falls within that standard.

So you’re in agreement with “reasonable people” like BLM and AOC that this Marine is a murderer?

You’re putting words into my mouth.
2 things can be true at the same time.

Are you asking why marine used deadly force or if somebody was being choked that they could use deadly force to stop from being choked.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither the Mayor,the Police Commissioner,AOC or any other of the elite "rides the subway" on their daily commute to work.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

From what we understand the guy was making general threats of violence unless he got food. But he hadn't attacked anyone.
View Quote

Had a guy tell me he was going to kill me on a Boston subway going through Dorchester towards Quincy. Guy absolutely reeked of burnt rubber (crack cocaine smell). He was sitting and I was standing in front of him, holding on to the overhead rail. He had something in his waistband, but I couldn't tell what it was. I was unarmed and the only thing I could think of was to swing my body weight in to a kick against his head, pushing his skull through the subway window glass behind him and almost certainly breaking his neck. I stood there waiting for him to start grabbing whatever he had in his waistband (for 10 seconds or so) but it never happened. I moved to the opposite end of the car after, and switched to a different car altogether at the next stop.

Had I gone ahead with a kick on his verbal threat alone, I'd be in prison. But, had he actually pulled a weapon, would I have regretted waiting to do something until he did?

It's the very definition of a a shit sandwich. Best option, unfortunately, is to not put yourself in that environment to begin with (not an option for many).
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#7]
When was the last time BLM/NAACP/AOC called for action against all the black on black crime...or just pick a day in Chicago crime?  I'll be waiting over here...
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You went from “yes” to “sometimes” in less than a page.

Let’s see what the next page has in store.
View Quote

And your insinuation is false, my view hasn't changed one bit.

But you do seem unhinged as a poster.

RNC can be safe or deadly depending on how it's used.

If a random person assaults you and sinks in a RNC, you are fully justified in considering it a lethal attack and use any means to stop it. Knife, gun, whatever you have.

If your BJJ partner sinks it in you tap.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Had a guy tell me he was going to kill me on a Boston subway going through Dorchester towards Quincy. Guy absolutely reeked of burnt rubber (crack cocaine smell). He was sitting and I was standing in front of him, holding on to the overhead rail. He had something in his waistband, but I couldn't tell what it was. I was unarmed and the only thing I could think of was to swing my body weight in to a kick against his head, pushing his skull through the subway window glass behind him and almost certainly breaking his neck. I stood there waiting for him to start grabbing whatever he had in his waistband (for 10 seconds or so) but it never happened. I moved to the opposite end of the car after, and switched to a different car altogether at the next stop.

Had I gone ahead with a kick on his verbal threat alone, I'd be in prison. But, had he actually pulled a weapon, would I have regretted waiting to do something until he did?

It's the very definition of a a shit sandwich. Best option, unfortunately, is to not put yourself in that environment to begin with (not an option for many).
View Quote

In this case I think Marine should have waited. Worse case is the guy has a weapon, most likely a knife, and a guy in RNC could do a lot of damage with a knife, potentially, before he passes out.

In my dealings with bums, I've watched out for knives, which is what scares me in such encounters. I actually talked to a few of them who engaged in reasonable conversation, but was keeping distance and being careful since that can flip quickly. One had a large bowie knife.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there a reasonable fear for your life or serious bodily injury?

Some here are confusing the context. If some asshole ambushes you and cinches in a rear naked choke they yes.

I don’t think anyone here is talking about starting a fight then shooting someone when they are losing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Deaded dude is half my age and has been arrested some 40 times.... and I have never seen the back of a police car. AFAIC... fuck that guy.
View Quote

^this.  I am siding with the Marine.

BLM and NAACP should just stay away from white people.  Ethnic tribalism is exactly why they defend this trash.  It's not about what is right, but siding with him simply because of his skin color.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was talking with a friend about episodes involving these street crazies. A local nut slapped a woman for no reason. The guy who hit the NYPD officer with a bottle. The guy who smeared shit in the woman's face in NYC. I commented that those people should be put to death. My friend protested that they are mentally ill and not responsible. I said "I know they're mentally ill. They should be killed as a matter of prophylaxis, not punishment."
View Quote
Agree. Back in the G.O.D., (Good Old Days) crazy people were kept off the streets for their own protection. The average citizen wouldn't tolerate nonsense and the crazy person would get their ass beat, over and over until they got put away.
Nowadays, the KooKoo Birds are allowed to roam free-range with the protection of the SJWs and the law.
Its not compassionate to allow mentally ill people to roam unsupervised and uncared for, its actually the opposite.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I haven't looked but apparently there are people on Reddit who claim to have been threatened and harassed by this guy.

His family said he had a place to stay but wouldn't stay there. That's usually someone who is dual diagnosis and wants to stay on the street to obtain and use drugs.

He has a horrible history where his mother was murdered and he testified at the trial.
View Quote

I'm sure his father raised him after his mother was murdered, right?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They just want to lynch a white man.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#16]
They're not the same.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It absofuckinglutely can be if the choker chooses so.

The thing is...after you're unconscious, you have no further say in the matter.

If applied with Restraint, it is an effective means of reducing a belligerent violent person's ability to do harm, without actually harming them.

Either crazy subway man had drugs on board, serious plaque build up In his arteries, other underlying medical condition, or marine held it too long.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#18]
What are the odds that ends up being the cover photo for the next issue of time magazine?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Stand by for pictures to be posted when the victim was 14 singing in the church choir.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ok, so what do you feel comfortable calling it when a guy uses unjustified deadly force that ends up killing someone?
View Quote

So you agree with BLM and AOC now?  You should have your meds checked.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So the marine killed the guy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some guy you've never met in your life puts you in a rear naked choke, you wouldn't use any force at your disposal to get out of it? Just accept it and say oh dang, he got me...but he will let go before I die because this isn't deadly force.

So the marine killed the guy?

Maybe. Maybe not. I'd have to see the 15 minutes.

Floyd killed himself, not Chauvin. But hysterical, uneducated people don't know what they're looking at, nor have they experienced it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What is your angle here?
View Quote

He's trolling.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Getting a full body tattoo and then immediately skin diving with starving barracudas, raw dogging East African prostitutes at a truck stop in Burundi, recreational tours of Haiti and Beginners Juggling with chainsaws doesn't compete in the Risk Olympics with "Non-official, inter-racial use of force in NYC."

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Makes sense.

Fits the lefty agenda perfectly.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe. Maybe not. I'd have to see the 15 minutes.

Floyd killed himself, not Chauvin. But hysterical, uneducated people don't know what they're looking at, nor have they experienced it.
View Quote

Yet Chauvin is playing maudlin tunes on the harmonica now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#26]
According to reports, the Marine held the choke hold for more than 10 minutes.  If the accounts are true, that is Murder in the second degree.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What is your angle here?
View Quote

I can't really say that I have an "angle" here.

I made a post about how people here get triggered by RNCs and, I guess to no surprise, people got triggered by talking about RNCs.

If I were to make a contention, I'd argue that RNCs aren't deadly force but are instead submission techniques since that's how they're taught just about everywhere.  This Marine likely did screw up.  But since, in my opinion, he was not using deadly force its clear that he did not intend to kill the guy thus making it manslaughter of some degree.

However, the belief that A) RNCs constitute deadly force and B) the Marine isn't responsible for the guys death are incompatable.  If the Marine employed deadly force and killed the guy without justification, then its murder.  You can't claim it was just an accident when you're willfully engaging in deadly force.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Bragg will decline to prosecute this just in time for rioting season.

I'd be more worried about the DoJ than the local prosecutors
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:38:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Homicide.

It isn't clear RNC was "unjustified" (although considering the current politics, it was a bad idea). RNC can be deadly force or not depending on how it is used and also on the condition of the person it is used on.

Context matters. The bar owner who shot the guy who had him in RNC had good reason to shoot. The person who had him in RNC attacked him and was a violent rioter who has to be presumed to have evil intent.

View Quote

You can't just employ deadly force against a guy whos yelling and throwing trash.  Especially not in New York.

That's the very definition of unjustified use of force.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:40:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Any force from a flamethrower to a t-shirt gun can eventually in a court, especially of the marisupal kind of NYC, be construed as "lethal" and such force needs to reach the fear or imminence of GBH threshold. I hope for that Marine's sake, there is plenty of video of people in fear of GBH.
View Quote

I think one or two of the passengers already made interviews where they claimed a fear of serious bodily harm
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#31]
I think that virtually everybody that posts here knew that it would come down to this.

For starters.

On this one though, I believe that the guy who did the choking showed less than stellar judgment by doing what he did.

You can flame me if you want, but unless he was containing an outright attack then he should have known better.

And this, "Marine" thing is not accurate either.

He is not an active duty Marine.
He is a former Marine at best.

The left and others can call him that if they want and probably will until he gets buried under the jail.

But the title itself in this case may induce some people to believe that he was a wanton killer.

I think is actions weren't very well thought out for the situation.

The left sees blood and now they will use any method at there disposable to burn him into the ground.

Like, "Marine."

Like, life without parole burned "Marine."

Let it be a lesson for all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That’s a pretty broad statement since virtually every fighting technique is potentially deadly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, since it can be used to kill.

That’s a pretty broad statement since virtually every fighting technique is potentially deadly.

You're being intentionally obtuse, for some reason.

RNC can be used to intentionally kill. Simple fact.

Other "fighting techniques" may or may not have lethal effect. One punch to the nose, they fall hit their head and get a brain bleed is an unfortunate freak occurrence.

Stomping an unconscious person's head until brains come out....that's deadly fighting technique.

Choking someone continuously for over 10 minutes (no idea if that actually happened)  will very likely cause death. Pretty much on par with seeing brains.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The guy was a public menace for at least the past 10 years but now it's an issue that he was dealt with.  The left really does like to idolize the worst in society.
View Quote

And he was a fun loving Michael Jackson impersonator who loved puppies and curing cancer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I ask you a simple question, why can't you just answer it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If applied with Restraint, it is an effective means of reducing a belligerent violent person's ability to do harm, without actually harming them.

Either crazy subway man had drugs on board, serious plaque build up In his arteries, other underlying medical condition, or marine held it too long.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the articles I read said the Marine held the RNC for several minutes.  With a properly applied RNC, there aren’t that many seconds between unconscious and brain dead.  I think this is a case where he was amped on adrenaline and just went too far.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

One of the articles I read said the Marine held the RNC for several minutes.  With a properly applied RNC, there aren’t that many seconds between unconscious and brain dead.  I think this is a case where he was amped on adrenaline and just went too far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that was enough.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I made a post about how people here get triggered by RNCs and, I guess to no surprise, people got triggered by talking about RNCs.

If I were to make a contention, I'd argue that RNCs aren't deadly force but are instead submission techniques since that's how they're taught just about everywhere.  This Marine likely did screw up.  But since, in my opinion, he was not using deadly force its clear that he did not intend to kill the guy thus making it manslaughter of some degree.

However, the belief that A) RNCs constitute deadly force and B) the Marine isn't responsible for the guys death are incompatable.  If the Marine employed deadly force and killed the guy without justification, then its murder.  You can't claim it was just an accident when you're willfully engaging in deadly force.
View Quote

RNC is or is not lethal force depending on how it is used.

If some rando puts you in RNC on the street you are justified in responding as if it's lethal force because once you pass out you can't resist and he can do as he wishes.

If you are in BJJ class, you tap.

In the context of what happened in this case, it appears the Marine had good intent but messed it up and killed by accident.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:47:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

4 minutes between unconscious and damage.  Not sure how long before completely brain dead.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yeah, that doesn’t explain why you think the marine was justified in using the rear naked choke on the guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The standard for use of force is a reasonable belief of death or great bodily harm.

So you’re in agreement with “reasonable people” like BLM and AOC that this Marine is a murderer?

You’re putting words into my mouth.
2 things can be true at the same time.

I just did.
You seem awfully emotional.
Perhaps you should bow out of the thread gracefully before you make a bigger fool out yourself.

Then maybe you can point it out for the rest of the class, champ.

Yeah, that doesn’t explain why you think the marine was justified in using the rear naked choke on the guy.

I never mentioned the Marine.
You did.

I was speaking to you whining about other members claiming they’d shoot someone who had them in a choke hold from behind.

You are clearly an unhinged individual.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The marine should have claimed he was trans, and the black guy misgendered and deadnamed him.  All would have been forgiven.
View Quote

Yaaaaas

This guy gets it!
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Other "fighting techniques" may or may not have lethal effect. One punch to the nose, they fall hit their head and get a brain bleed is an unfortunate freak occurrence.

Stomping an unconscious person's head until brains come out....that's deadly fighting technique.

Choking someone continuously for over 10 minutes (no idea if that actually happened)  will very likely cause death. Pretty much on par with seeing brains.
View Quote

I heard it was 15 minutes, but not sure how long the effective choke was used. The picture I saw did not look like a fully sunk in RNC.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I never mentioned the Marine.
You did.

I was speaking to you whining about other members claiming they’d shoot someone who had them in a choke hold from behind.

You are clearly an unhinged individual.
View Quote

You realize that this thread is about a Marine getting charged over a RNC, right?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is your angle here?

Not incompatible. Without evidence that marine held the actual choke after unconsciousness, you cant say for certain the choke killed him. Pics show he doesn't have it tight.

Then again, idiots convicted Chauvin.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

4 minutes between unconscious and damage.  Not sure how long before completely brain dead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are you getting 4 minutes to damage?  A properly applied RNC will render the subject unconscious in seconds and kill them in minutes.  It cuts off blood flow to the brain by compressing the carotid arteries.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I heard it was 15 minutes, but not sure how long the effective choke was used. The picture I saw did not look like a fully sunk in RNC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have choked people out before. It usually only takes but a few seconds to do. Not minutes.

There is bloodflow arrested to the brain to consider as well.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uneducated onlookers see an arm around the neck, they will claim RNC the entire time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The marine should have claimed he was trans, and the black guy misgendered and deadnamed him.  All would have been forgiven.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not true.

4 minutes without new oxygen into the lungs (like drowning). Your body is still circulating the entire body's worth of decreasingly oxygenated blood to the brain.

When you shut off the carotids,  you have ONLY the blood left in the head. It goes bad much faster than 4 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Where are you getting 4 minutes to damage?  A properly applied RNC will render the subject unconscious in seconds and kill them in minutes.  It cuts off blood flow to the brain by compressing the carotid arteries.
View Quote

Permanent damage from loss of blood flow starts at 4 minutes.  Death can take up to 6.

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000013.htm#:~:text=Permanent%20brain%20damage%20begins%20after,are%20available%20for%20home%20use
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top