Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2011 6:42:13 PM EDT
I really cant wait for the game so I can use the 416 with a rifle scope,bipod, and heavy barrel in
hardcore as a super DMR. The 870 does work like always and I finally started using the UMP and got
ace pin about 6 games in a row averaging between 20 to 30 kills pregame.

get on my lvl
Spartan Paxton

edit
also will using snipers does the bullet drop?
I can never see my shots. and is anyone else
having com troubles and the noise cutting out?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been using sniper rifles as much as anything else. An there is no bullet drop. Which sucks allot. Also using the semi-autos with irons or acogs works great for close to mid range.
An I have had the sound cut out as well.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I've been using sniper rifles as much as anything else. An there is no bullet drop. Which sucks allot. Also using the semi-autos with irons or acogs works great for close to mid range.

An I have had the sound cut out as well.

There is definitely bullet drop, and not just for the snipers. If you want to really see it use the M249 SAW with the Elcan with your bipod setup and try to shoot a bit of a distance and watch your rounds drop a bit.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll have to look again. I was hitting at as long of range as I could with no hold over. May have just been to little to matter.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
well I pretty much gave up on sniping the sv98 isnt bad the sks
is no better then the 416 on single shot. I am about 20k xp away from the
240bravo, hopefully its unlockable cause I got the mortars and there
not available for the beta. finally hit lvl 30 though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I can not connect to the beta right now (Xbox 360) Are the servers down? I also hope the graphics have been dumbed down for the beta becuase as of right now I'm not too impressed........
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
They seem to be down for most people. I've got one person on my friends list playing though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I can not connect to the beta right now (Xbox 360) Are the servers down? I also hope the graphics have been dumbed down for the beta becuase as of right now I'm not too impressed........

it is very bad
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Working again. Jsut got in. gt: Mister Ouchie
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
So do the servers drop you because there are just too many people playing or are they doing some sort of maintenance?
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
downloading now, gt gerhard reike - might suck a little bit, first time playing video games in a long time
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Its saying they are down for maintenance. Im sure diffrent regions of the US are connected to diffrent servers, we'll just have to wait our turn.

Im sure here in the south we'll be dead ass last.....
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#12]
cant connect here either, motherfuckers, my wife is out right now, and when she gets home i wont be able to play.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I gotta say, I love it. There are some bugs and the graphics aren't stellar, but man, it just 'feels' right. You know what I mean? It's not as chunky as BFBC2, and it's not as wild at COD.

But, it IS NOT like BF2, that's for sure. But I love it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#14]
The servers seem to be back up for me, and I am loving it.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
cant connect here either, motherfuckers, my wife is out right now, and when she gets home i wont be able to play.

Keep trying to log in.  It let me in eventually
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keep trying to log in.  It let me in eventually

this

when it says cant connect the servers are full
just keep trying and youll get in after a few min.

also I hit lvl 33. the 240 Bravo is beast
and I got the PDW-R its a super badass little rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone up and running right now?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I was able to connect again around 10pm (central) last night.

Game play seems OK but there are def. a few bugs that need to be worked out. (XB360)

How is everyone else's experience with the game play?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I tried to play this morning but kept getting an "Unknown Error" when trying to connect to multiplayer and then the game would freeze. As it is right now my xbox wont connect to my router wirelessly anymore so I don't know how to get on.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#20]
xbox server still down.   last i heard it was cause they had to fix some "small" issue after they took the servers down last night to fix all the glitch/bugs/ect from the first 2 days
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I downloaded it last night and passed out but when i woke up it was a no go and he same today
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#22]
still bugy. I hit lvel 38. have a few more shotguns, claymores, and a 44 magnum.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:54:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I can't wait for the full game, I want to see the polished, finished version.

It's so fun tho as it is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#24]
my buddy who works on the project at EA told me to expect a day 1 patch, that they are being rushed to meet the release date and that a lot of bugs will be fixed after the game has gone gold already so they can meet release date.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
my buddy who works on the project at EA told me to expect a day 1 patch, that they are being rushed to meet the release date and that a lot of bugs will be fixed after the game has gone gold already so they can meet release date.

that better be a large patch then.

Issues I've found so far.

the "Hold X to swap" icon staying up halfway across the map.
Upon about 1/4 of respawns my screen keeps the blue overlay (what you see when you're dead).
Sniper mobile spawn point does not work at all (won't even place)
I've already seen somebody go under the beta map and shoot people...
Audio cut-out of footsteps from people nearby (only 1 out of 8 map rotations will this happen)
870 shots don't always register on enemy (1 out of 40 or so)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Isnt that pretty much the norm these days?  I cannot remember the last game I bought that did not have a patch download as soon as I put it in  This does not really bother me since it only takes about 20 seconds to download a patch that is going to fix the bugs that slipped through before the discs got pressed.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Upon about 1/4 of respawns my screen keeps the blue overlay (what you see when you're dead).
Audio cut-out of footsteps from people nearby (only 1 out of 8 map rotations will this happen)

Add to that:
For some reason when I use the M16A4 sometimes it will not let me aim down the sight and I will have to switch weapons and then switch back to be able to again.  This has gotten me killed many times.
People walking around about 4 feet above the ground.
Peoples bi pods sticking straight out sideways like a crossbow on their weapons.
Tracers from bullets getting stuck in the air and just staying there for a while.
RPG rockets floating over peoples heads after they switch from rockets back to their main weapon.
The physics going nuts sometimes when someone gets shot and they fly about 40 feet away. (this one always makes me laugh though)

Overall I am still enjoying the game, but hopefully they will get most of these bugs out with the patch.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add to that:
For some reason when I use the M16A4 sometimes it will not let me aim down the sight and I will have to switch weapons and then switch back to be able to again.  This has gotten me killed many times.
People walking around about 4 feet above the ground.
Peoples bi pods sticking straight out sideways like a crossbow on their weapons.Tracers from bullets getting stuck in the air and just staying there for a while.
RPG rockets floating over peoples heads after they switch from rockets back to their main weapon.
The physics going nuts sometimes when someone gets shot and they fly about 40 feet away. (this one always makes me laugh though)

Overall I am still enjoying the game, but hopefully they will get most of these bugs out with the patch.

At first glance when I first started playing I saw the bipod thing and I thought you could unlock crossbows.

I’ve had all of the above happen to me multiple times.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the M16A4 no sights fix - I suicided the first time it happened to me. I got a new Netgear N900 router last night and all of my rubberbanding problems were fixed, guess it was my connection and not the game, or they fixed it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Played it last night for a few rounds, it looks very sharp. the finished product is going to be very good.

There's some work to be done, but it's beta...

I really liked it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 12:27:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In reference to the bold/red:  I encountered the same thing on the PS3 version.  I was randomly reading something online about the beta, and it said that it must be placed on flat ground.  Next time I played, I tried to place one on the walkway of the subway area, and it worked fine.  I'm not sure if this is just how it was designed, or if it's something that will be changed with the final release.

EDIT:  I hope it's the latter, seeing as how perfectly flat ground severely limits where you can place the thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Played it last night for a few rounds, it looks very sharp. the finished product is going to be very good.

I really liked it.

This isn't the beta, this is the final product unfortunately! so aside from d/l updates, this is it, I can only hope the other maps are better as metro lacks. Apparently there are a shitload of folks unhappy with this, including some online gaming gurus on Boobtube, many claiming they'll be cancelling their orders for this game. I think releasing the "beta" as they're calling it early was a mistake, now all the positive hype that surrounded it is being replaced with the feeling it's the same old thing, different day. To be honest, before I heard one of the online reviewers raise the bullshit flag about this being beta, I hadn't thought about, and with the game being released in 3 weeks, pretty much this is it, and to be honest I'm not impressed.

I have also been playing the PC version as well, and to be honest, the "beta" isn't that great there either, the only redeeming quality is the graphics. I'm still getting both platforms (XBox and PC) as I had preordered/prepaid for them, but now I'm sad to say I'm looking forward to MW3, at least as far as console is concerned.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

This isn't the beta, this is the final product unfortunately! so aside from d/l updates, this is it, I can only hope the other maps are better as metro lacks. Apparently there are a shitload of folks unhappy with this, including some online gaming gurus on Boobtube, many claiming they'll be cancelling their orders for this game. I think releasing the "beta" as they're calling it early was a mistake, now all the positive hype that surrounded it is being replaced with the feeling it's the same old thing, different day. To be honest, before I heard one of the online reviewers raise the bullshit flag about this being beta, I hadn't thought about, and with the game being released in 3 weeks, pretty much this is it, and to be honest I'm not impressed.

I have also been playing the PC version as well, and to be honest, the "beta" isn't that great there either, the only redeeming quality is the graphics. I'm still getting both platforms (XBox and PC) as I had preordered/prepaid for them, but now I'm sad to say I'm looking forward to MW3, at least as far as console is concerned.

So you read on the internet that "this isn't the beta", so it must be true?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#34]
My buddy who works on the project said they're kicking ass to make fixes, beta is the beta, changes will be made.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#35]
anyone else had the "issue" of if your hiding in the bushes and you throw a grenade, the grenade either gets stuck in the bush or falls to the ground and kills u?  ive killed myself 4-5 times that way.  also have throw a grenade and it got stuck in a tree.  lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
anyone else had the "issue" of if your hiding in the bushes and you throw a grenade, the grenade either gets stuck in the bush or falls to the ground and kills u?  ive killed myself 4-5 times that way.  also have throw a grenade and it got stuck in a tree.  lol

No but I have tried throwing a grenade as I was jumping over a low wall and the grenade got stuck in the air until I landed on the other side and then came down and blew me up. I loled at how ridiculous it was.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#37]
There needs to be an in-game mute option.  I had someone with a defective mic on my team earlier and the entire match there was nothing but static going.

Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My buddy who works on the project said they're kicking ass to make fixes, beta is the beta, changes will be made.

Another thing people don't realize is that the graphics and other things were watered down in order to keep the download size reasonable, according to some of the designers' Twitter posts.

Remember folks, this is a beta.........not a demo of the final product.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:39:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

This isn't the beta, this is the final product unfortunately!

Oh really? Then Obama is caucasian. I can spread bull$hit on the errornet too!
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

but atleast your half correct.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

Actually, no,  someone in another forum had linked a video where someone who reviews games for a living (some FPS guru, one of the Machinima guys?) was discussing the complaints about this being a "beta" and he essentially dismissed it, within reason and pointed out this is what we're getting, obviously it's one map, but gameplay will mostly be what you're seeing currently. This was specifically in regards to the consoles as he claimed he was no longer a PC Gamer.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

So Barry wasn't offended by Perry's hunting camp name?

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

Actually, no,  someone in another forum had linked a video where someone who reviews games for a living (some FPS guru, one of the Machinima guys?) was discussing the complaints about this being a "beta" and he essentially dismissed it, within reason and pointed out this is what we're getting, obviously it's one map, but gameplay will mostly be what you're seeing currently. This was specifically in regards to the consoles as he claimed he was no longer a PC Gamer.

Unless he works for DICE this is still just internet speculation...
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

Unless he works for DICE this is still just internet speculation...

+1

Go read some of the Twitter posts from some of the developers.  They've already answered people's questions regarding this.  What we're playing right now is not the final production.  I'm going to have to take their word, over a "gaming guru" on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Did anyone else besides me magically end up under the map?   I was able to shoot people, but they couldn't shoot me back.  
The only reason why I found it was because I was running towards the bomb to defuse it and I was being shot at so I laid down and when I did this, I ended up under the map.  I noticed that there are only a few places that will let you do this....mostly where there are craters.  
I hope that they patch it, because now it seems like everyone is trying to get under the map.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did anyone else besides me magically end up under the map?   I was able to shoot people, but they couldn't shoot me back.  
The only reason why I found it was because I was running towards the bomb to defuse it and I was being shot at so I laid down and when I did this, I ended up under the map.  I noticed that there are only a few places that will let you do this....mostly where there are craters.  
I hope that they patch it, because now it seems like everyone is trying to get under the map.

Yeah that was weird at first, you might not be able to shoot them but a frag works real well to get those people out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really liked it.

so aside from d/l updates, this is it, I can only hope the other maps are better as metro lacks. Apparently there are a shitload of folks unhappy with this, including some online gaming gurus on Boobtube, many claiming they'll be cancelling their orders for this game. I think releasing the "beta" as they're calling it early was a mistake, now all the positive hype that surrounded it is being replaced with the feeling it's the same old thing, different day. To be honest, before I heard one of the online reviewers raise the bullshit flag about this being beta, I hadn't thought about, and with the game being released in 3 weeks, pretty much this is it, and to be honest I'm not impressed.

Wrong from the very first words, nice.

I don't know what rumor mill you get your info from, but you're wrong. And you kinda contradict yourself, you say it's the final product, but then you say that there will be updates?

First of all, they've confirmed that the beta is an older build, so changes were already made to it before it was even out. Secondly, they're making changes as the beta goes on and feedback comes it. That's also confirmed. And yes, DICE have said that there will be a day-1 update. But that wasn't the original plan. That's just what they have to do after the beta was delayed. It was supposed to be out a month or so ago. So I don't really understand why you have to put beta in quotations. Is it not a beta? What is it then? Are they not gathering feedback for it and testing both the game and servers?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:01:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another thing people don't realize is that the graphics and other things were watered down in order to keep the download size reasonable, according to some of the designers' Twitter posts.

Remember folks, this is a beta.........not a demo of the final product.

Exactly, old build + scaled down graphics. The gameplay is still amazing though, and I couldn't care less about the graphics.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Even if the graphics are scaled down for the beta it still looks awesome to me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Ahh, just had my best game so far. I absolutely demolished with the A-91, .44 Magnum and SMAW. 67/19, and 9500 points. My squad of 3 friends had 160 kills!

And on a side note, the EOD bot is so useful and fun. I love setting it down before I plant a bomb, then leave after I plant and they come and disarm it then I plant again with the bot then kill them and defend it. Same with defending. Leaving it near the MCOM then when they arm it I can instantly disarm it. It's especially funny when the person is nearby and totally oblivious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top