Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:53:31 PM EDT
BF2: Will Euro Force give 2 Free unlocks too, like Special ops did

I am at 19000 for my global score and at 20000 I get an unlock. I was thinking about getting the new sniper rifle the L96?  anyways, I wont get another unlock until my score is 50000, so I have to choose wisely. I kinda want the new Famas or P90...maybe when I get Euro Force it will come with unlocks like Spec ops did.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I never got my two unlocks with special forces

Anyone know why that is?

I have only played one game of special forces though, hoping that I would get the promised unlocks then.  But I never got em.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#2]
My problem with Euroforces is that it is unlikely to support 64 players, one of the EA bulletins says it is meant for 32 player rotations.

I'm betting that servers who run a 64 player Euroforce map won't have ranked status if they run them at anything over 32 players.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:08:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Anyone know why that is?

I have only played one game of special forces though, hoping that I would get the promised unlocks then.  But I never got em.  

Sorry.  I got three!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone know why that is?

Sorry.  I got three!

Maybe I will get them as a kind of backpay when I get first Sgt. real soon.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I was given my unlocks once I became a E-5.  2 more at E-6.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Get the new sniper rifle and not the p-90, you'll get more use out of the sniper rifle.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I play more AT than sniper, but I am liking the new sniper class performance.  I would need 2 unloks to get to the P90 as I have not unlocked the DAO, right?  Thus do I have to unlock the M95 first?  Not clear on this.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think the Booster pack will give any new UNLOCKS. They will however introduce new armies that will have different standard weapons (M4 shotgun, FAMAS, HK21, HK53A3, L96A1, L85A2).

The latest patch ver 1.2, gave players with BF2 Special Forces two new unlocks. The P90 & L96A1. You get the privilege to unlock one of the fourteen weapon unlocks when you get promoted to certain ranks.

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
When is Euro Force suppose to come out?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
When is Euro Force suppose to come out?

According to EA shortly after the release of the next patch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:44:17 PM EDT
[#11]
the p90 is ok but i think you will get more out of the sniper rifle, as long as you dont use is on me. I use the anti tank some and do like the dao 12, im getting used to the p90.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:16:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I went on a business trip on Thursday.  At the time I left, the Game menu said that there was 1 day left until Euroforce was available for download.  I have returned and am trying to find it for DL, but can't.  Did something happen?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I went on a business trip on Thursday.  At the time I left, the Game menu said that there was 1 day left until Euroforce was available for download.  I have returned and am trying to find it for DL, but can't.  Did something happen?

It has been delayed so they can focus on putting out a patch for their patch.

-d
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:00:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has been delayed so they can focus on putting out a patch for their patch.

-d

You mean it has been delayed so that they can introduce new and completely original bugs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#16]
I believe they already gave out the two free unlocks at the beginning of February for Euroforce, they just didnt tell anyone that was what they were for.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I believe they already gave out the two free unlocks at the beginning of February for Euroforce, they just didnt tell anyone that was what they were for.

Kharn

Nope.  Those were for Special Forces for people who had unlocked the DAO and M95 from the AT and Sniper since they didn't have an unlock for those two classes in the SF update.  If you had only unlocked the DAO and not the M95, they you would have only gotten one extra unlock with the most recent update.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Kharn

I wish.  I havent gotten any unlocks yet since Gunny dammit (even after buying SF).  Maybe when I get 1stSgt......
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Yes, but those 2 guns that were sudden new SF unlocks are pulled from Euro Forces.

But it's true, all 2nd tier unlocks are SF related.

EuroForces unlocks are unlikely because the expansion is going to play through regular BF2 servers, it's not a seperate mod like SF.   The guns will automatically be in EuroForces when the server rotates over to those maps.

I doubt it's going to be worth the trouble, guns will likely be dumbed down for the purposes of "balance".    The P90 is one of the most depressing and worst guns of the unlocks, low damage and low rate of fire help to make it so that the MP5 is actually a better gun than the P90.

I wouldn't expect anything from the EuroForces expansion to be worth a damn.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

Nope.  Those were for Special Forces for people who had unlocked the DAO and M95 from the AT and Sniper since they didn't have an unlock for those two classes in the SF update.  If you had only unlocked the DAO and not the M95, they you would have only gotten one extra unlock with the most recent update.

I unlocked neither the DAO or the M95 and yet I got two unlocks.  I think I'll just stop trying to figure this stuff out and just keep playing.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Yes, but those 2 guns that were sudden new SF unlocks are pulled from Euro Forces.

EuroForces unlocks are unlikely because the expansion is going to play through regular BF2 servers, it's not a seperate mod like SF.   The guns will automatically be in EuroForces when the server rotates over to those maps.

I doubt it's going to be worth the trouble, guns will likely be dumbed down for the purposes of "balance".    The P90 is one of the most depressing and worst guns of the unlocks, low damage and low rate of fire help to make it so that the MP5 is actually a better gun than the P90.

I would:  new maps!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kharn

I had only unlocked the DAO, and I got two unlocks that day (used them on the PKM and the G36E, still havent unlocked the M95).

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New maps that only support 32 player servers.

There is a statement on the EA page saying that the maps do not support 64 player maps and I take that to mean that you won't be able to run a ranked 64 player server on them.

3 maps and a bunch of crap unlocks is unlikely to coax me into buying the expansion.

If it turns out that the 32 player maps can run in rotation on ranked 64 player servers and be stable, I'll buy it for the maps but otherwise not.

32 player maps is just another indication of EA 1/2 assed money mongers trying to push things out with minimal effort.    Make a 64 player map then scale it back for 32 or 16 players, not simply make a 32 player map and call that good enough.

Lazy piece of shit hacks.    Every time they screw up it only serves to reinforce my dreams that somebody will one day live out the "get skynet by the balls" scene from Terminator 2 and go on a destructive tear through one of their development offices blowing shit up.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:28:35 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

New maps that only support 32 player servers.

There is a statement on the EA page saying that the maps do not support 64 player maps and I take that to mean that you won't be able to run a ranked 64 player server on them.

3 maps and a bunch of crap unlocks is unlikely to coax me into buying the expansion.

If it turns out that the 32 player maps can run in rotation on ranked 64 player servers and be stable, I'll buy it for the maps but otherwise not.

32 player maps is just another indication of EA 1/2 assed money mongers trying to push things out with minimal effort.    Make a 64 player map then scale it back for 32 or 16 players, not simply make a 32 player map and call that good enough.

Lazy piece of shit hacks.    Every time they screw up it only serves to reinforce my dreams that somebody will one day live out the "get skynet by the balls" scene from Terminator 2 and go on a destructive tear through one of their development offices blowing shit up.

+4000

I'll still buy it 'cause I'm an addict.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 8:51:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Euro releases this wednesday the 15th.

Cost is $10
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:30:34 AM EDT
[#26]

More screenshots of EF (55 pics): fz.se/bildarkiv/album_show.php?id=1124
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:57:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Im REALLY REALLY looking forward to new maps.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Im REALLY REALLY looking forward to new maps.  

no kidding.  Im getting seriously tired of the current maps including Special Forces...of which only 3 maps are decent.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:53:45 AM EDT
[#29]
i remember my CSS days.  there were  a couple downloadable maps.  called AWP whore maps.  

that would be fun on BF2 to practice our long range skills

they also had maps.  that only ar/ak would spawn.   that was fun too.

now that i think of it they had knife AND pistol only maps

this is gonna sound bad.     but i might have to reinstall steam on my system  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#30]
What a bunch of teasers.  When SF came out, it was the day before I left for 3 weeks of travel.  Now, they're releases EF while I'm on travel until the end of the month.  Maybe I should go on travel all of April so we get Armored Force or whatever its called.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
but i might have to reinstall steam on my system  

I just reinstalled Steam on my system this weekend.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#32]
i hope its more that just 3 maps.   from the pictures it looks like its the MEC  chopper, not a different one.

my next question is,  i wonder how many more of these "packs" there witll be, and how often!!!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
i hope its more that just 3 maps.   from the pictures it looks like its the MEC  chopper, not a different one.

my next question is,  i wonder how many more of these "packs" there witll be, and how often!!!

Nope - just those three maps.  I think they said that there will be one or two more of these $10 packs depending on the success of this one.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yep, just 3 maps. A couple tanks, attack helo, and jet. A whole Euro Army and their own unique weapons.
www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/euroforce.jsp

Desert Combat booster pack is next. More jets and attack aircraft: A10 , Harrier, etc..)
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Patch 1.20 already INSTALLED all the Euro Forces weapons in your BF2 game directory.

Install this mod and you can test out the Euro Forces and Special Forces weapons. You don't have to have either program SF or EF to try the weapons out, they are already installed in your BF2 game directory. The mod just gives you access to them in single player mode.

Euro Forces and Special Forces game mod link <click>

1) Download and install mod. ^^
2) Open/ Run BF2
3) Go to the COMMUNITY tab and click the CUSTOM GAMES tab
4) click the weaponstest mod and ACTIVATE it.
5) It will restart BF2
6) Start a SINGLE player game.

You'll have all the TIER 2 (Special Forces weapons) on the MEC side and you'll have all the Euro Forces wepons on the USMC side.

Screenshots I took of weapons.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Patch 1.20 already INSTALLED all the Euro Forces weapons in your BF2 game directory.

Install this mod and you can test out the Euro Forces and Special Forces weapons. You don't have to have either program SF or EF to try the weapons out, they are already installed in your BF2 game directory. The mod just gives you access to them in single player mode.

Euro Forces and Special Forces game mod link <click>

1) Download and install mod. ^^
2) Open/ Run BF2
3) Go to the COMMUNITY tab and click the CUSTOM GAMES tab
4) click the weaponstest mod and ACTIVATE it.
5) It will restart BF2
6) Start a SINGLE player game.

You'll have all the TIER 2 (Special Forces weapons) on the MEC side and you'll have all the Euro Forces wepons on the USMC side.

Screenshots I took of weapons.
img48.imageshack.us/img48/2219/euroforcesweapons6gh.th.jpg

img48.imageshack.us/img48/8869/specialforcesweapons9mg.th.jpg

that isnt gonna mess up punk buster is it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#37]
does anyone know if they will be releasing a hard copy of the game, or will it be download only?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
does anyone know if they will be releasing a hard copy of the game, or will it be download only?

d/l only
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:03:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

d/l only

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Yep d/l only.

Means EA/Dice gets to keep more of the money ($$$) vs splitting the profits with retailers.

German player have been playing it. Since they aren't as credit card crazy as us Americans (you need a CC to order/download).

In Germany you could buy the serial # (key code) via regular retail outlets. They could then download the game via special online link provided with their key code they purchased at a store.

These retail key codes were already distributed out when the Booster pack was originally going to be released. It was too late for EA/Dice to pull these from the shelves when they decided to hold the EF Booster pack back with all the trouble that 1.20 patch did with BF2.

So, they let the Germans d/l and play the booster pack online...since there was nothing they could do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#41]
If possible I'd like to download the maps from somebody who buys the pack so I can run them on my machine as if they were 3rd party maps and start a local server so I can get in and try out the maps before I decide if I am going to purchase.

I learned how to get the maps to work with the whole BF2 maps on an SF server thing that we did a few months back.    If the maps are worth a damn, meaning bigger or more novel than a typical 32 player map, I'll pick up the expansion.

But if the maps leave me cold and unimpressed, forget it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#42]
just played with the new EF unlocks. In my opinion, the only good EF unlocks is the Sniper Rifle L96a1 and the Famas. All others are poor.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:38:20 PM EDT
[#43]
The L85A2 (Assault) gun I really liked.

The Famas the (Medic) gets is pretty good also.

The HK53A3 (Spec Ops) and HK21 (Support) wasn't bad also.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:51:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Well, according to other forums... some are already downloading EF now. It's been released today.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:00:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Well, according to other forums... some are already downloading EF now. It's been released today.

thanks, downloading now. I gotta say that EA downloader is one slow mother. Im pulling about 20kbs down., for a 352 mb file thats gonna take 45 min!
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks, downloading now. I gotta say that EA downloader is one slow mother. Im pulling about 20kbs down., for a 352 mb file thats gonna take 45 min!

Can it be purchased from the EA Store?  Link?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Where are you d/ling EF from?  Not seeing it in my EA downloader.

BTW - hadn't noticed this part of AR-15!  Kick ass that a bunch of you guys are BF2'ers - fight me, I'm ESM|Roo  I generally can be found battling every night from 10-12CST.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#49]
You're the king!  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#50]
First Review:

I played a few games already. So far I like maps. They are very large they feel like 64 player maps, despite them being 32 player maps there is no loss in action. The maps have several bottle neck choke points that ensure plenty of action.  The maps have tons of new detail and look great.

The new guns are cool. I like the L96 and the Famas.
The new tanks are huge and cumbersome.
The Euro team vs. MEC is not even fair, MEC just gets steam rolled because they have basic weapons.
You dont get any unlocks with EF.

Is it worth $10?  It is if you want something new from BF2, but if are content with the standard content then dont bother.  EF does exactly what it is designed to do, which is to give you some new action to a game that is nearly 9 months old. I recommend it and am looking forward to future battle packs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top