Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 10:53:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#1]
A 12oz Bud Light has less fat, calories & carbs than a 8oz carton of 2% lowfat milk.
Bud Light-Breakfast of Champions![beer]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
"Beer is the proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Ben Franklin
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
How come nutritional information is never placed on beer/wine/liquor containers?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Becuase it is not required by law. I wish it was though.

Interesting trivia: in PA it is illegal to put the alcohol content of beer on the label. I guess they figure we will buy the beer with the most booze in it LOL.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Interesting trivia: in PA it is illegal to put the alcohol content of beer on the label. I guess they figure we will buy the beer with the most booze in it LOL.
View Quote

no shit.
so i guess they must have special "PA" labels made.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.youngs.co.uk/htmldocs/products/products.asp?SelectedID=12[/url]

one of my all time favorites!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

no shit.
so i guess they must have special "PA" labels made.
View Quote

While technically it is illegal they don't enforce the law. Some "ice" beers and malt liquors have the alcohol content on the labels. I think it should be the law the the AC MUST be on the label, the same as hard liqour. Then we would have proof that coors light is a non alcoholic beverage LOL.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
How come nutritional information is never placed on beer/wine/liquor containers?
View Quote

View Quote

Umm, not exactly.  It is required NOT TO BE placed there by law -- or BATF decree, anyway.  BATF has hauled companies into court for daring to inform the consumer about such stuff.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Umm, not exactly.  It is required NOT TO BE placed there by law -- or BATF decree, anyway.  BATF has hauled companies into court for daring to inform the consumer about such stuff.
View Quote

I was referring to the nutritional information, not the alcohol content. I mean like fat, calories, servings, etc. You know-- the basic FDA requirements...
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Check it out...Bavarian Brewers wrote the first consumer protection law protecting how they make beer...its from the 1800's...and is still in effect!!! It was a beef when all this EU community stuff came up...Bavarian flatly refused to lower that standards on their brewing processes!!! With that I think I'll go have myself a cold one.....
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 6:47:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I do not remember where I read this but...The FDA originally wanted nutrition labels on everything....beer was seen as Too Healthy and the FDA did not want to be seen as endorsing beer
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn happy to hear it, I should live forever!
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Beir ist Brot = Beer is Bread...in German!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top