Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2003 2:11:24 PM EDT
www.creators.com/1109/bc/bc1110g.gif

Before I say what the stink is, I want members to see if they "get" it.  Because I do think this guy was taking a pot-shot, albiet a well deserved on.

If you're stumped, consider whether there's any religious criticism going on here.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't get it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Slam on Islam!  Note the moon on the door.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

OK.  What am I missing?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I get it, I get it.  Oh, no I don't.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:20:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK.  What am I missing?

The crescent moon has been a symbol of Islam for hundreds thousands of years...As I recall, Green was the favored color of the crescent moon/the flags it may fly on, but I could be mistaken.

(edited to strike out hundreds and replace with thousands; forgot what year it was. )
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

i dont know about you, but I've seen lots of shitters in the woods with moons in the door.

Add me to the huh? list.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i dont know about you, but I've seen lots of shitters in the woods with moons in the door.

Add me to the huh? list.

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, considering it was published the day after a bombing in Saudi, I saw it as an jab at "Islam"

The CAIR folks have their panties in a wad too, free speech notwithstanding.  

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A2184-2003Nov20.html
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK.  What am I missing?

The crescent moon has been a symbol of Islam for hundreds thousands of years...As I recall, Green was the favored color of the crescent moon/the flags it may fly on, but I could be mistaken.

(edited to strike out hundreds and replace with thousands; forgot what year it was. )

You were right the first time.  It is a POST CHRIST religion.  That means under 2000 years.  Not sure of the exact date, but I think its 500ad or so.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
You were right the first time.  It is a POST CHRIST religion.  That means under 2000 years.  Not sure of the exact date, but I think its 500ad or so.  

Still over 1000 years, depending on which calander  you follow...but true, it hasen't crossed the 2k mark yet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#14]
The man who does that cartoon is a Christian. I saw an artical about him years ago. He often vents about hipocracy, & anti God ideas therough B.C. Kinda of ironic given the name of the cartoon huh?

I would have to agree 100% with what he's saying in this one, but some folks(non of us)Will just never be able to figure out why Sheite stinks.Kinda like where there is stink, there is shite.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#15]
So whats the stink ?
Freedom of speech , freedom of the press, and freedom of religon are still intact.
Aren't they?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:02:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

The CAIR folks have their panties in a wad too, free speech notwithstanding.  

Pretty much anything that annoys CAIR is a-okay by me.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Cartoon Raises a Stink
Some See Slur Against Islam in a 'B.C.' Outhouse Strip
By Gene Weingarten
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, November 21, 2003; Page C01

In the past, Hart has gotten into trouble for religious-themed strips -- most notably on one recent Easter Sunday when his strip showed the seven candles of a Jewish menorah being extinguished, one by one, with each image accompanied by one of Jesus Christ's last utterances. As the last flame disappeared, and the words "It is finished" appeared, the menorah became a cross.

Many Jewish readers were outraged, claiming Hart was making the argument that Christianity had extinguished Judaism as a "better" religion. Hart denied it, protesting that the cartoon was intended to honor both religions. To many, his explanation seemed hollow.

Outraged by that?  That's insane!  The fact that Jesus was born Jewish (from the house of David) and offered himself as the perfect sacrifice, thus establishing a new covenant with God, is a fundamental tenet of every Christian denomination.  It is taught every week in countless thousands of churches throughout the world.  And they get upset because it is procalimed in a comic strip?  Sheesh!  
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:29:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Now why the heck did they choose a shithouse door to symbolize their religon
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#21]
He gets it right.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Now why the heck did they choose a shithouse door to symbolize their religon

Could be one branch is Shi'ite.....(do the math there...)

Could also be, well, it's a collection point for waste.

But, hey, I'm no professional at the intrepretation of another person's thoughts...
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Even if you don't think the Islamic symbol reference was intentional, there's still a comment there regarding people.

Most people think their own shit doesn't stink.  Well, it does.

That would be the most obvious non-religious interpretation.

This gives me a great idea:  I'm going to start painting the bowls of toilets with the Islamic crescent moon, in utterly water-and-chemical proof DuPont Imron paint,  in bright green.

Be patriotic!  Buy one of these toilets, and when you have to take a shit, shit on Islam!

I'm sure I could sell a shitload, pardon the pun.

The problem is that it wouldn't be fair.  Not all Islamics are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Islamic.  Just enough to forge a bad stereotype.

I'd STILL sell a lot of paintjobs...and be the subject of my very own fatwa, too!

CJ

CJ
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Why, yes! Islam does stink.  WTF is the problem here?
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#25]
That's some deep shit.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:55:11 AM EDT
[#26]
i have been reading Johnny Harts cartoons ever since they appeared in comic strips, & he has used crescent moons long before those A-Rabs attacked us on Sept. 11, 2001

those damn muslims just want to whine as do the scumsucking liberals....!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#27]
The The Council on American-Islamic Relations is actually a front for insensitive culturally ignorant asshats that thinkby being offended they will generate sympathy and money.  

They only shows their own ignorance of, and their bias against american cultural history.  They should be sent back to some muslim shithole and left to rot.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
They better live with it.  Freedom of the press and all.

Cresents have been on outt houses for a hundred years in America so I think they are trying to hijack an American symbol.

I doubt there are many outhouses left in the hills of KY & TN.  However, I would strongly suggest unless the moslems have a death wish they refrain from playing moslems and hillbillys!!

If I was from TN or KY I would demand an apology from CAIR for Islam defaming my character.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard, a moon on a shit house door is pretty common, look for pics of an outhouse over the last 75 years.

For a nasty Islamic hate group to be offended is not suprising.  They can use it as an excuse to kill some helpless guy driving down the street.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top