Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 6:16:50 PM EDT
Texas Woman Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun
Link

BLUE MOUND, Texas —  When two gunmen smashed through the glass front door of her suburban Fort Worth home, Kellie Hoehn didn't think twice.

The 34-year-old mother of two grabbed a shotgun that had been pointed at her face early Wednesday, starting a struggle that ended with one intruder killed with his own weapon and another in the hospital.

"I wasn't going to let them get to my babies," she said, recalling the moment when she pushed up the muzzle of the shotgun, pointing it away from her children's rooms.

Although the intruders told her to keep quiet, she screamed for her husband. She told her 12-year-old son, who was awakened by the sound of the shattering glass front door, to get his 5-year-old sister and hide.

"It was like a horror movie," her husband, 32-year-old Keith Hoehn, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "I thought I was a dead man. We're fighting for our lives."

With Kellie Hoehn clinging to the weapon's muzzle, her husband tackled the man who held the shotgun. She knocked the intruder in the head with a jar candle, giving her husband a chance to wrest the shotgun.

By then the tussle had spilled out onto the front lawn. Keith Hoehn shot one of the men who had a pistol, police said. Wounded, that man ran away.

Then the intruder who initially had the shotgun charged Keith Hoehn.

Kellie Hoehn told The Dallas Morning News that she screamed at her husband, "Shoot him, shoot him, shoot him."

Her husband fired the shotgun and the man fell to the ground. Then the shot man lunged a second time.

"Well, I shot him again, and I guess that was it," Keith Hoehn said.

Dakota Scott Benoit, 20, of Richland Hills, was pronounced dead at a hospital. John Garland Pierson, 25, of Haltom City, was in critical condition and in police custody at the hospital.

"I am not happy that someone is dead," Kellie Hoehn said. "But I am glad that my family is alive."

Police said Pierson was shot in the left arm and the bullet pierced his diaphragm and other organs but his condition was improving. He will face charges of burglary of habitation with intent to commit another felony, police said.

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.

--------------------------------------------------------

Good Shoot!  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
OUTSTANDING!

I hope they decide to get their own gun now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The surviving burglar should be charged with felony murder.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Dupe, but this story has better info than the first one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Good shoot !
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Dupe. Also, husband shot them, not wife.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#8]
WIN!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I would imagine he'll be charged with something that includes the death of another party...can't think of how they word it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#10]
feels like salt in my eyes... tears of pride and joy
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OUTSTANDING!

I think they should be able to keep the shotty!  They earned it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome.

Max
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
OUTSTANDING!

OH they better, cant belive they didnt have one ...

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

They will add that I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:26:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would imagine he'll be charged with something that includes the death of another party...can't think of how they word it.

The words "He's Fucked" or "He's gonna get raped !" come to mind.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#17]
When will the point be made that home invasions are a BAD IDEA in Texas?!?!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#18]
FRIGGING A
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#19]
GOD BLESS TEXAS
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Criminals, stop carrying guns.

They'll just be taken from you and used against you!
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Nicely done.    Good shoot all around.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I remember a couple of years ago, the same thing happened to a man in Houston.  Thug breaks in, guy goes for his gun and wrestles it away, and BOOM shoots bad guy, DRT.  I think perp was an illegal.  Anyone else remember that?  We were debating on having a fundraiser to buy the guy his own gun.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#25]
"They probably won't be charged."    
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
OUTSTANDING!

i hope they let them keep the shotgun, they fucking earned it
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As well they should.

Still... is anyone else bothered by the idea of being forced to procure a home-defense weapon from one of the intruders?  What sort of Texan doesn't have at least one gun to defend his wife and young children?  Was this man a metro transplant?  

I'll certainly give the man 10/10 for fighting back, 10/10 points for motivation/improvisation, and a definite 10/10 in style points for shooting both armed intruders with one of their own guns... but he gets a 0/10 for preparation, primarily for his lack of armament, and poor perimeter defense (no impact glass on the front door).

Otherwise, an fine effort, and he is to be applauded for rising to the occasion.

I'm quite sure he'll be remedying the noted deficiencies very soon
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:13:27 PM EDT
[#28]
+100 on beating down the perps and shooting them with their own weapon.  They probably won't be needing that shotgun anymore.

How to take criminals and their guns off the streets at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Cali intruders: 1

Texan intruders: -2

The fucked up thing is, if this happened in Cali the the victims would be the intruders.

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#30]
If the worthless scum bag in the hospital lives he should have to dig the grave for the worthless shit bag that died.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Texas Woman Kills Home Intruder With His Own Gun
Link

BLUE MOUND, Texas —  ..........................

Investigators say the couple were just defending their family and probably won't be charged.

--------------------------------------------------------

Good Shoot!  

WTF is this They PROBABLY wont be charged?!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH THOSE INVESTIGATORS
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#32]
What a horrible story with a very happy ending.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:36:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As well they should.

Still... is anyone else bothered by the idea of being forced to procure a home-defense weapon from one of the intruders?  What sort of Texan doesn't have at least one gun to defend his wife and young children?  Was this man a metro transplant?  

I'll certainly give the man 10/10 for fighting back, 10/10 points for motivation/improvisation, and a definite 10/10 in style points for shooting both armed intruders with one of their own guns... but he gets a 0/10 for preparation, primarily for his lack of armament, and poor perimeter defense (no impact glass on the front door).

Otherwise, an fine effort, and he is to be applauded for rising to the occasion.

I'm quite sure he'll be remedying the noted deficiencies very soon
+1 I can't understand why people live without a weapon.  I can't imagine hearing the sound of breaking glass thinking "oh shit I am fucked".  Breaking glass in my home equals hunting season for dirt bags.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

To even say this pisses me off.  Probably won't be charged?  Hey asshole, someone breaks into your home and points a gun at you?.......If it were up to me you'd be allowed to kneecap them, cut their nuts off and shove them down their throat and it would all be within the limits of the law.

Anything less is to promote a 'victim ideaology'

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#35]
They should be charged for fighting back

Lay down and take it.

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Don't F*ck with Texas women protecting their babies.  They'll snatch that shotgun right out of your hands.

Don't be too hard on the investigator, probably a liberal media question:

Media "will the homeowners be charged in the shootings?"

Investigator "Homeowners protecting their own property will probably not be charged"

Media "good quote I can use."  (totally missing point)

Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If the worthless scum bag in the hospital lives he should have to dig the grave for the worthless shit bag that died.

+1

Only after he digs the hole, he should jump in it before they cover it up with dirt!
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top