Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2001 11:32:05 PM EDT
Just read this in the Outdoor Guide Magazine.Here are some facts to take note of.
By an Australian Citizen
Gun Control
Hi Yanks,I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under.
It has now been more than 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own goverment, a program costing Australian taxpayers more than $500 Million dollars.

The first year results are now in:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2precent
Australia-wide,assaults are up 8.6 percent
Australia-wide,armed robberies are up 44precent ( yes 44 percent )
In the state of Victoria alone, Homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.
Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned guns in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns! While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms,this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is disarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly.
Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased,after such monumental effect and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.
You won't see this data on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the state assembly disseminating this information.
The Australian experience proves it.Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property,and yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note Americans, and Canadians now, before it's too late!"
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I know this might be hard to do, But hear it goes. In order to help settle an arguement I need to find info on this subject that is not printed in a Shooting/hunting magazine or paper. Has anyone came across any. I have no doubts this is true but he says "the information in those magazines if tainted and skewed so that they only give you the information you want to hear." Just if you come across any please pass it on.

Six
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top