Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2001 3:34:15 AM EDT
Well, they took care of that carcass.  No more bait for the great whites to feed on = no more stupid morons trying to pet them (for today).
-----------------------------------------

Aussie Police Blow Up Dead Whale

ADELAIDE, Australia (AP) -- Explosive experts gave sharks and other scavengers a helping hand by blowing up the carcass of a whale to speed up disposal of the body.

Police detonated three small charges in the carcass of a Southern Right whale because of concerns it was an environmental hazard. The explosion late Monday left a large tear in the carcass which will make it easier for sharks to rip up and eat, officials said Tuesday.

''It will give marine scavengers a better chance of doing what they do best, which is to clean up dead and decaying material in the ocean,'' government spokesman Arndrae Luks said.

The carcass, which has been off South Australia state's coast for about two weeks, had become a tourist attraction, with people hiring boats to watch sharks feed on it. Tourism authorities said some sightseers clambered on the whale and [b]patted great white sharks eating the carcass.[/b]

The whale was believed to have died of natural causes
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:13:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been dying to get my hands on some whale flesh...[chainsaw]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:17:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Police detonated three small charges in the carcass of a Southern Right whale because of concerns it was an environmental hazard.
View Quote

The only environment that it was a hazard to was the idiots trying to pet the sharks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That video is floating around on the net, raf.  Funny as hell.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Try this link:
[url]http://www.perp.com/whale/video.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
That has to be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.  

[beer]

Snake
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've been dying to get my hands on some whale flesh...[chainsaw]
View Quote
Send me an e-mail and I'll give ya my x's phone number. Have fun! [sex]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top