Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2016 11:17:34 PM EDT
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to history. I wish I paid more attention in middle and high school instead of goofing off. I just stumbled upon some Auschwitz documentaries and this shit just makes my blood boil. Seeing the different blocks and the empty cans of poisons they used .
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people don't like to look into the abyss. I think it's important we all do.
Study history. As much as you can. Personally, I think humanity is the most horrifying and beautiful thing that has ever existed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I toured the Mauthausen camp in the 80's with a Hungarian Jew that had been there as a kid and had his parents killed there.  It was pretty powerful stuff.  But don't stop there, look at the Russian Gulags of the time and the stuff that happened in Laos, Burma, and Africa since then as well.  It's sad what we can do t each other.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to history. I wish I paid more attention in middle and high school instead of goofing off. I just stumbled upon some Auschwitz documentaries and this shit just makes my blood boil. Seeing the different blocks and the empty cans of poisons they used .
View Quote

Im a WW2 History buff. Amazon has an amazing collection even better then Netflix.

We should have taken everyone involved in the Final Solution and shot them in the head.

The Western Allies were way to forgiving.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I toured the Mauthausen camp in the 80's with a Hungarian Jew that had been there as a kid and had his parents killed there.  It was pretty powerful stuff.  But don't stop there, look at the Russian Gulags of the time and the stuff that happened in Laos, Burma, and Africa since then as well.  It's sad what we can do t each other.
View Quote

Yessir and the horrors the Soviets inflicted upon Ukraine another Holocaust of epic proportions
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch the older one done by the BBC, they have interviews of survivors and guards. One quote that stands out, from a guard interview, and makes you realize how much they BELIEVED in what they were doing, was " I would do it again. What we did was right, it was necessary. " holy shit man. This was years later. He was convinced. Shocking what  you can make people believe in and they do some pretty hideous things. Don't watch with hate, don't watch with sorrow. Watch with absolute attention. Soak that shit into your mind so you never forget. You can hate and be sad when it's over but dont let the emotions keep you from getting all of the info. It's extremely important you know these things intimately, the how and why and the results, true human evil and true human perseverance. Know them both. History seems to repeat. Don't let it in your lifetime.

Read about the rape of Nanking as well. Another show of what "humanity" is capable of given the right circumstances.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#8]
history and science were the only classes i actually liked going to.

and lunch.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#9]
You know what is screwed up? Liberals actually think we are going to this stuff to them if we voted for Trump. May not care for the company of most of them, but they really think we are so inhuman this is what we plan to do to them. 8(

I'd be one of the first to take a bullet even for them to stop such a event, but DU grade Democrat on that site, and in general really think we are gonna do the actual FEMA Death Camp Train. /Sigh 8(
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Never again.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:57:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I went there on a sunny day in December a few years ago.

Quite an experience. I didnt join a tour group, I just walked it on my own.

Lots of shocking displays there.

The hair room........ crazy.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You know what is screwed up? Liberals actually think we are going to this stuff to them if we voted for Trump. May not care for the company of most of them, but they really think we are so inhuman this is what we plan to do to them. 8(

I'd be one of the first to take a bullet even for them to stop such a event, but DU grade Democrat on that site, and in general really think we are gonna do the actual FEMA Death Camp Train. /Sigh 8(
View Quote

Thats not it at all. The fucking idiots just have complete ignorance of history.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#13]

I went there in 2014 and saw Auschwitz 1 and 2.. It's disturbing that human beings can be that depraved. I had numerous beers and shots of vodka when we got back to Krakow...
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Thats not it at all. The fucking idiots just have complete ignorance of history.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also true. We're the kids to great grand kids of the folks who stomp the Nazi's into the ground. But the one history class I have taken so far on my road to a CPA, well it was painful even if you were just a teenager, to early 20's back in the day when Discovery Channel, and PBS aired shows like Wing's. Wing's over the Red Star/Luftwaffe. Firepower, and all the now oldies, but goldies. Back when the Discovery and History Channels might as well have been the Hitler Channels lol!

Wasn't so much outright lies, and purposely skipping a decade or three her and there. I'm pretty sure I pissed off my teacher, but a student in their early-mid 30's vs the few snowflakes we had in class, you can't feed us a line of bullshit like the kids.

WW2 was a whole one day of two classes in a week to give you example. Vietnam was 5 classes over two and a half weeks.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Also true. We're the kids to great grand kids of the folks who stomp the Nazi's into the ground. But the one history class I have taken so far on my road to a CPA, well it was painful even if you were just a teenager, to early 20's back in the day when Discovery Channel, and PBS aired shows like Wing's. Wing's over the Red Star/Luftwaffe. Firepower, and all the now oldies, but goldies. Back when the Discovery and History Channels might as well have been the Hitler Channels lol!

Wasn't so much outright lies, and purposely skipping a decade or three her and there. I'm pretty sure I pissed off my teacher, but a student in their early-mid 30's vs the few snowflakes we had in class, you can't feed us a line of bullshit like the kids.

WW2 was a whole one way of two classes in a week to give you example.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WW2 was a whole one way of two classes in a week to give you example.
We have teeth now.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#17]
The thread yesterday was a reminder, angering.

And we have a few hundred million people that wouldn't mind doing that to the Jewish people all over again.

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#18]
There was one on History Channel (?) that was a grandmother on the present day site walking building to building with her granddaughters (? I missed the first few minutes) and she was describing life there. Apparently, she was a very young girl when sent there and one of her jobs was to clean the head. I wish I could remember the title. It was interesting to hear her first-hand account of what her life was like.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:19:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Seems like the documentaries on Germany are endless on these channels...

But Japan and the Soviet Union get a pass and are rarely discussed...
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:22:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Trump is LITERALLY HITLER.

Learning about the holocaust and concentration camps should be required for everyone. I've visited Dachau and it was the most solemn and sad place I've ever been. Nowhere else will ever come close.

I just finished episode 9 of BoB, Why We Fight.  Makes me sad all over again.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Can someone post some of the good documentaries on netflix? My knowledge of this is a little lacking. It's fascinating and sickening what we are capable of doing to each other.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Seems like the documentaries on Germany are endless on these channels...

But Japan and the Soviet Union get a pass and are rarely discussed...
View Quote

I don't think the events in Germany should be downplayed in comparison , but you are correct.

Japan did some really messed up shit in WW2 and it does seem to fly under the radar.  I can't fathom how humans could really be that cruel.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The thread yesterday was a reminder, angering.

And we have a few hundred million people that wouldn't mind doing that to the Jewish people all over again.

View Quote

....and we've got millions of Americans of Jewish decent who live with their heads in their ass that support gun control and other methods of government control over the people. The Holocaust, historically speaking, wasn't that damn long ago. I would never support it and I'm sure they wouldn't either, but wow, how can they be so naive?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes- they tried hard to erase us
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I get angry when I hear people say it didn't happen.  My Grandpa's account included seeing the lampshades made from skin of people with Tattoos.
Top Top