Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 4:57:42 AM EDT
Does peanut oil attract mice as well as peanut butter?    What are other good  mouse attractants?  

Thanks

Cosmos
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
4 out of 5 cartoons recommend a nice slice of cheese for this application.

CMOS  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Peanut butter and cooked bacon work extremely well.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:16:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thi s is not to be used for a trap, just an attractant.   Lets say  you work in a building that has a mild moderate mousie problem, and you would like to focus all the mousies attention on one.....less that desirable persons work area....   a slab of bacon would be noticable.   However,  a thin smear of peanut butter would not be noticed when applied in strategic places, and peanut oil would not be noticed at all.    
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Haven't had to use a mouse-trap in a while (3 cats) but last time I did the peanut butter was their favorite.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I have had good luck with plain ole sugar.Now go the next step and mix suger with sack-crete and then place a bowl of water close by,they eat mix,become thirsty,and well you can figure out the rest.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:29:21 AM EDT
[#6]
The pros we have that set the traps around work swear by gummy bears.
They don't dry out like peanut butter so you don't have to worry about replacing them unless there's a dead mouse in the trap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
In the desert in Kuwait we used MRE peanut butter to bait the traps for those jumping rats.  Worked like a charm.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Those are some good ideas, but I don't want to harm the mouse.   I just want the rat to be unhappy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Does the peanut butter stick to the roof of their mouths, like when a dog eats peanut butter.  That's funny stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top