Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 5:42:42 PM EDT
I worked a TED meeting today. I know it stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, but there was none of that.

It was one big, liberal bitch-fest. All they did was whine about racial inequality, injustice, women's victimization, global warming and, of course, the inevitable gay speaker talking about a special man who changed his life (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I swear, are liberals ever happy? Do they really see the world as one big problem they need to fix?
Oh, and there is no individual. There's only community.

I cannot imagine paying money to attend one of these events.
But there were some pretty women in the audience.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:44:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like Hell.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The few that I am related to are fucking miserable and no fun at family gatherings. It doesn't matter if I taunt them or if I avoid all political discussion. They are just extremely bitchy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If you could go back in time, would you have gone there in a "come and take it" shirt?

Damn hippies
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot a fakey, j.v. TED style meeting at the Swedish Embassy about two years ago. It was interesting.
A Japanese guy doing 3-D real time brain mapping, a world renown paleobiologist talking about mammoth cloning and a musical number from a chick on the electric violin.

I enjoyed it, learned something and got paid.
There was a little liberal whining but not to distraction.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
TED talks have really gone downhill in recent years. I'll catch the good ones online but wouldn't ever pay for a convention as many of the talks are feel-good nonsense instead of amazing or informative stuff.

Like this one, I mean it's a cute story and all but some kid just tied some LEDs to fence posts

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Mike Rowe's TED talk was pretty good.  He was drunk and it was extemporaneous, he had nothing prepared until he talked a bit with another presenter in the john.

His backstory about it is interesting, but it's long

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The TED lectures I've seen on YouTube have a pervasive "We're smarter than you" tone from the audience. I can see where they appeal to liberals.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I watch some of the TED talks, some are pretty good.
Others...not so much. Liberal self love fest clap trap BS.
An interesting one was a Dutch general giving a talk about the country's primary issue rifle.

Like anything else, you need to filter out the crap to get any value from it.
Four grand to go there? My ass.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watch some of the TED talks, some are pretty good.
Others...not so much. Liberal self love fest clap trap BS.
An interesting one was a Dutch general giving a talk about the country's primary issue rifle.

Like anything else, you need to filter out the crap to get any value from it.
Four grand to go there? My ass.
View Quote

My wife, coincidentally, just turned me on to this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHX5lAslnTc
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
World Science Festival > TED.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Mike Rowe's TED talk was pretty good.  He was drunk and it was extemporaneous, he had nothing prepared until he talked a bit with another presenter in the john.

View Quote

His backstory about it is interesting, but it's long

Still watching, but I'm enjoying this. Thanks for posting. Mike Rowe's a pretty cool guy.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#13]
So when racial inequality came up, were they talking about how when blacks commit violent crimes against whites it mostly gets swept under the rug?  That's one racial inequality that really pisses me off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Sounds like Hell.
View Quote

No shit.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Liberals don't want equality of opportunity, regardless of what they may say. They want equality of outcomes, and that requires a level of authoritarian intervention that would make Stalin blush.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:01:22 PM EDT
[#17]
The podcasts are usually really good. I've watched a few videos on things that interest me.

I can see how they could go back off the deep end but, so far, I've avoided the idiocy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top