Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2001 10:40:27 AM EDT
Anyone ever seen this movie?? I saw it when I was a kid, and just happened to catch the last 45 min on TNT.
I really liked the movie.
Any opinions?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember it was a romp

I tried to find it at the video store a couple months ago, no luck.

I looked it up at Amazon and it is currently out of print.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I vaguely remember it. Is it the one with Mel Gibson ???
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I vaguely remember it. Is it the one with Mel Gibson ???
View Quote

Yep he is in it
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah... Mel was in that.  It had a big impact on me, I saw it first as a kid.  It was on TNT or the like a few months back, and I got to watch it start to finish.  Love those silencers!  A lot of dead bad guys in that movie!  

I remember the part of them killing one of theri own when he got hit in the knee blew me away when I was younger.... I could not believe they would do that!

Seems like they never ran out of ammo....

So, what kind of guns were those?  This came up on the boards a long time ago, but I cant remember.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#5]
It was on cable about 5-6 months ago, I believe. Australian commandos in WWII, if I recall. I didn't get to watch the whole thing, but I remember a scene where they arrive in-country and one of them gets wounded. Gibson and the others go on and the wounded guy stays back with a teammate. He has a smoke, and is then shot dead by his 'mate, who rejoins the rest of the squad, and they proceed with their mission. Harsh.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah... Mel was in that.  It had a big impact on me, I saw it first as a kid.  It was on TNT or the like a few months back, and I got to watch it start to finish.  Love those silencers!  A lot of dead bad guys in that movie!  

I remember the part of them killing one of theri own when he got hit in the knee blew me away when I was younger.... I could not believe they would do that!

Seems like they never ran out of ammo....

So, what kind of guns were those?  This came up on the boards a long time ago, but I cant remember.
View Quote

They were using the suppressed version of the M3 Grease Gun. Cant remember if they were called M3A2 or were just a 'E' suffex- since any grease gun can become a suppressed version just by changing the barrel, and that screws out real easy, I suppose the answer is moot.

But even then I do remember being suprised that it wasnt a MkIIS or VS Sten.  A .45in Grease Gun made a much better suppressed weapon than the 9mm Sten but still.  I wonder how accurate that was, Aussies using US equipment I mean?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The movie was on LAST NIGHT on HBO.  Good flick with supressed grease guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet movie.  I saw it many times when I was younger (in the 80s).  Just saw it again a year or so ago.  The squad was made up of guys from different allied nations.  Australia, Denmark, Holland, and Britain were all represented I believe.  

Those were in fact supressed M3 "grease guns"

Now I have to watch it again.  I cant wait...

JRB  

Link Posted: 12/21/2001 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I watched it last night but I thought they were using Sterlings?
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 2:31:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 5:53:23 AM EDT
[#11]
This was on Thursday afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 7:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
Sweet movie.  I saw it many times when I was younger (in the 80s).  Just saw it again a year or so ago.  The squad was made up of guys from different allied nations.  Australia, Denmark, Holland, and Britain were all represented I believe.  

Those were in fact supressed M3 "grease guns"

Now I have to watch it again.  I cant wait...

JRB  

View Quote

Denmark???

Austrailia, New Zealand, Neatherlands, Britain all had colonies there in the Pacific but Denmark??
Link Posted: 12/22/2001 12:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I know the team was made up of Dutch, British , and Aussie members.  I must have has a brainfart as I was typing my first post.  Isnt everyone allowed one brainfart per thread?  Denmark perhaps was not represented, I'll have to watch it again to be sure.  Darn

JRB
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#14]
The actor in the middle of the pic, is he also in Jurassic Park?  He looks damned familiar.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#15]
timh70, yup. A check of IMDB shows Sam Neil (dino-doc from JP 1 and 3) is in AFZ. Good eye. I thought he looked familiar as well, but I watched JP3 yesterday so he was fresh in my mind.

On a side note, did it piss anyone else off that they set up the "20mm cannon" (ala shoulder mounted Barrett M82 .50 cal) and then they NEVER use it against a dino?? Christ, "Bambi" had more gun use than JP3. LAter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top