Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When the guys catching touchdowns in the NFL are younger than you. So at 30, I consider myself old.
View Quote
I just turned 31 and realized the only guys left in the NFL my age or older are the absolute badasses. The generic players that fill rosters are largely almost a decade younger than me. If I had been good enough to play at that level, my career would have likely ended 6 years ago, on average. 31 starts to seem old when I look at it like that
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I spend way too much time around middle school and high school aged kids, i feel ancient around them.  I'm 41.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
When your balls dunk in the toilet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
According to this study, it's 35.

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170913-is-this-the-age-we-lose-our-youth

What’s the perfect age? For some it’s the carefree teenage years or time at university. But 35 may in fact be the pivotal turning point, both personally and professionally.
Not only is 35 the age when we’re perceived to no longer be "young", according to a study from the University of Kent, but also when men reach "peak loneliness" and women hit "peak boring." And if that wasn’t bad enough, 35 is also the age at which we start hating our jobs, according to a survey of more than 2,000 UK employees by human resources company Robert Half.

Research suggests it’s during your mid-thirties that family pressure and increased financial responsibility conflate causing problems both at work and home.

Job security also becomes more of an issue. In the first quarter of 2017, UK workers aged 35-49 were twice as likely to be made redundant as those aged 25-34, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.

Moreover, this group were less content at work than their younger peers, the Robert Half UK survey found. It revealed that one in six British workers over the age of 35 were unhappy in their job – more than double the figure for those under 35.

Women who want to have children still face anxiety over their fertility post-35 although recent research suggests fertility doesn’t drop as sharply as once imagined. In the US, an increasing number of women are now postponing their first pregnancy well into their 30s to continue education and forge careers. The latest statistics from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest that, for the first time in recorded history, women in their early 30s are now having more children than those in their 20s.

“Previously people made definitive lifelong decisions in their early 20s, but today’s millennials are continuing to defer decisions,” says Jeste. “They’re getting married later in life, they’re having children later in life, and a lot of these stresses that once happened earlier in life are now happening in the 30s.”

The good news? “The rest of your life is going to be happier,” says Jeste.
Of course, ageing isn’t a glamorous affair but your mental health may improve as the decades pass “we know ourselves better, we make informed decisions and we tend to be less selfish,” Jeste says. “That’s the wisdom that comes with experience, which only comes from ageing.”
View Quote
60ish
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You are old when there is no one younger than you playing pro sports.
View Quote
I think you got that backwards
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Having gone through those years I can agree with the conclusion.  

That is the age where stress has a hard effect on your body.  You have a family, stay at home wife, not making super big bucks yet, etc.  So you start to eat unhealthy and forget about exercise completely.  

They are also correct that from that point on things only get better.  At 45 now, I am stress free, have a good amount of savings,12% body fat, can lift more than I ever could, and am very happy at my job.  

It is almost comical at this point how bad I thought it was.  Heck, even a not so humble brag, the receptionist at work thought I was in my late 20s.  Ten years ago she would have thought I was in my mid 40s.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
The loss of youth is not indicative of being old. There is a long middle ground between the two.

One my no longer be a youth at 35, but they are far from being old at 35. (You might try 70 for being old)
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
For men, one day after full SS eligibility.

For women, one day after age of consent.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
When what used to grow on top of your head grows out of your ears and nostrils.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm 54 and play in an inline hockey league with guys almost 1/2 my age. I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I definitely feel it the day after a game. I'm not stopping until my body says "Hey Fucko, you're done!".
View Quote
What the fuck just happened!?!

Go look at this post on the previous page. Blacknosugar edited my post. I've never seen that outside of a normal mod edit!

Freaky!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
What the fuck, my post appeared as BigEasySnow, then disappeared.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone hold me I'm scared.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you NY Shooter or TXRabbitbane?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:24:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
TXRB

Yeah that's all kinds of fucked up.

ETA I can't be BigEasySnow, I'd spend all day staring down the front of my own shirt and accomplish nothing all day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Freaky!
View Quote
... no shit!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm 55 and that is old.
View Quote
This is the winner! At 55 you transition from the Silver Standard of life to the Lead Standard. We all left the Gold Standard at 35!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I think you're officially old when you realize you can no longer trust a fart.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On another note your only as old as you act but it's more talking perceptions
View Quote
Not for me - I act 16 and it drives my wife apeshit.  I can't control it and I'm 40.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:34:47 PM EDT
[#19]
What in the motherfucking shit is going on in here? My posts (NY_Shooter) still aren't showing up, and other people's posts are under my name.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I just want to take this opportunity to tell everyone here that I love the cock, and I wear women's undies.

edit: dammit. I was hoping this was going to go under one of you guys' names. Oh well, still true.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#21]
I hiked 7 miles this morning and then did 100 squats with 100 lbs. I'm 70 and have a difficult time seeing myself as old.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Haha BigEasy, go under someone's post that you want to edit and hit reply.

That will edit their post.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Well fuck looks like they fixed it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just want to take this opportunity to tell everyone here that I love the cock, and I wear women's undies.

edit: dammit. I was hoping this was going to go under one of you guys' names. Oh well, still true.
View Quote
Hahahah

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear, and when I do it's usually something exotic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#25]
hhhhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Shit's getting weird, y'all.

@goatboy
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:44:04 PM EDT
[#27]
More BBC

"Old" is not a number, it's a state of mind.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's OK, I'm sure NY_S wouldn't mind that quote attributed to his name.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only love my own cock and I wear boxer briefs damn it!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Go look at this post on the previous page. Blacknosugar edited my post. I've never seen that outside of a normal mod edit!

Freaky!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm 54 and play in an inline hockey league with guys almost 1/2 my age. I'm not as fast as I used to be, but I definitely feel it the day after a game. I'm not stopping until my body says "Hey Fucko, you're done!".

Freaky!
You look awsome for 54
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:49:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I like big, muscle bound, mountain men.

eta: Gosh darn it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
It's official... I'm old.   60 and losing parts.

Get off my damn lawn!
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:50:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Freaky!
View Quote
Don't worry.  I did a screen capture...you know, for posterity.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You look awsome for 54
View Quote
Thanks! I work out and stay out of the sun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm 59 and cycling 30+ miles twice a week on our club rides and 50-75 on Saturdays. Still doing a couple of Century rides every season as well. Your old when you quit living life.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:55:18 PM EDT
[#36]
What you see a cop younger then you..
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#37]
The threshold of old age gets older as you get older once you reach 50 or so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:00:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Perfect age for women and men is mid 40s IMHO. Sure, you may have lost a bit physically, but everything else has peaked-- finances, life stability, wisdom...

I find women (who have taken care of themselves) most attractive at this age.

Old? probably 70.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Meh, I'm 33 58.  I'm still partying pretty hard.
View Quote
Adjusted it for my situation...

TC
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hahahah

Chicks dig me because I rarely wear underwear, and when I do it's usually something exotic.
View Quote
You're our Big Toe
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:01:44 PM EDT
[#42]
"Old" is defined by anyone who is older than me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
When the only pussy you can get is at The Villages.
View Quote
Don't knock it kid! 20,000 horny chicks all in one spot?

Put me in, coach!

TC
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:04:48 PM EDT
[#44]
35 was "boring?"  Yeah, I don't think so!!
I don't think my BF at the time would have ever said I was boring at that age.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm 34 and I'm honestly in the best shape of my life. My 22yo girlfriend calls me old though.
View Quote
 Send her my way, I'll give her the definition of old and preverted.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, I was wondering about your Crone's...

And I really gave the at the dating an Asian woman thing!  Didn't sound like you...
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I call people old past age 32
ETA this thread smells like mothballs and old people
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

You punk!

TC
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:08:41 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm "damn near 50." One of my job duties is to run PT. I regularly smoke guys 1/2 my age. So, I don't think I'm old.

On the other hand, I have to shave my ears and nose and trim my eyebrows. So, maybe I am old.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I am about to be 27, I feel old and ready to go in my sleep any day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, I was wondering about your Crone's...

And I really gave the at the dating an Asian woman thing!  Didn't sound like you...
View Quote
Oh, but the "I'm 54" thing rang true for you?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top