User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 6:23:13 PM EDT
it's about freaking time!
C'mon September 13th!
And go to hell, you gun grabbing nazis!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Happiest I have ever been to see $600 go down the drain.

Anyone want a $1400 SP1 in 90% condition?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
C'mon September 13th!

Care to share?

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I had 2 people try to sell me prebans at infalted prices today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, it is really getting close now.  I can't wait to wake up on the 14th and have the last 10 years seem like a really bad dream.  Remember to vote in November, Bush certainly ain't the greatest, but the alternative is unthinkable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#5]
i hear ya, i'm not complaining either.

however, the HK 90s series won't lose much value.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Way to take one for the team, bro!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Id be happy to lose money on my full auto if we could get them new too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#8]
"Pre-Bans" will still be worth a bit more then a new "no-ban" for the simple fact that they're collectable. Most of em' are Colt too and that'll keep the value up somewhat. It's like a new Winchester vs an old Pre-'64 Winchester, the older one has some collectors value so don't worry too much, you've still got a gun worth something.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I certainly don't mind either.  All the new toys at lower prices will drive the average cost down.  And now I won't cry when I step on/crush a hi-cap mag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
"Pre-Bans" will still be worth a bit more then a new "no-ban" for the simple fact that they're collectable. Most of em' are Colt too and that'll keep the value up somewhat. It's like a new Winchester vs an old Pre-'64 Winchester, the older one has some collectors value so don't worry too much, you've still got a gun worth something.

Maybe to you they will have some sentimental value or something like that. To me it is just a 10 year old used gun, but then I don't care whether it is a colt, bushy......
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Kewl.
Wheel be able to by machine guns!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Kewl.
Wheel be able to by machine guns!

ALL firearms are "machines" so what's your point?LOL
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]
The stock markety decline has been far more painful than any losses I've incurred in the pre/post ban aftermath. I look at it this way: The market activity that occurred during these last 10 years probably spoke volumes about Americans' interest in firearms, & we may have fueled an incentive to look more strongly at our market. For example, I'm somewhat optimistic that HK built their Georgia plant for more than just turning out M8's & focusing its operations solely towards gov't contracts. That's a lot of investment for the sake of betting future earnings on contract awards. They must have an eye on the civilian market, which can provide stable returns on the basis of demand. But, we'll see...
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#14]
dunno about that saw 10 NIB Colt M4s( A3 carry handle, stepped barrel) LEO guns that are going to be sold on the 14th for under $1100.  So I don't think even the price of Colts will hold water, as compared to "no ban" toys
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
C'mon September 13th!

Care to share?

+1  

Us CT folks gotta back eachother up  

- BG
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The more I think about it, the more I think that this may very well lead to less Second-Ammendment infrindgments.

Knowing how this will effect the entire market would bring some prespective into what doing away with 922(o) (another major ban, which also has very much investor-related opposition)  would do; and  open new doors for a serious challenge of this in the courts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Also, remember this, there are some State with their own AWB's that won't go away on Sept.13th, in these States "Pre-bans" will still bring a premium, not that it'd be Nice to rip off people in those States by selling off your Pre-bans at Over inflated prices but you could still get out of it what you have in it in those States.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Then there are the States that have their own AWB so the pre-bans will be worth more to them.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Another good thing for the economy, gun dealers should have voted for Clinton all the money they made but on the other hand if production tools up means more people working making money, spending money throughout the economy, maybe the gun manufacturers will make AK's,G3's, AUG's, AR-180's again, SP1's, Colt Gov't carbines and MP5 type clones here in the good ol' USA. As long as there is a good quality product to be sold at a reasonable price it can only make the economy better.....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
C'mon September 13th!

Care to share?

I'd swap in a heartbeat but Colts are verboten in yer neck o' the woods, I hear.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, I was wondering, suppose you buy a bunch of post-bans for their collector value?  Interesting.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top