Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2012 3:53:20 PM EDT
Arrest Made in Brutal Beating of Home Owners Association President

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Arrest-Made-in-Brutal-Beating-of-Home-Owners-Association-President-135511483.html

Surveillance video of the attack, released earlier this month, shows Burns standing next to his bicycle and talking on a phone before the suspect sneaks up behind him and sucker punches him in the side of his head.

Burns collapses to the ground, and the suspect begins rummaging through his pockets. When Burns tries to get up, he's punched twice in the head, then kicked in the head by the suspect. The suspect got away with Burns' iPhone.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Strange;  "Jamal" is not a traditional Amish name.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Jamal was just turning his life around too, was talking about go to welding school.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
...by the way, the victim has ZERO situational awareness. How on earth do you let yourself get surrounded by three people late at night who are clearly looking for trouble. Its as if he were completely unaware of his surrounding.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Mah' lil hoodrat didn' do nuffin'.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#5]
He lives among wild animals.  Where is the situational awareness?

ETA:  Already beat:

Quoted:
...by the way, the victim has ZERO situational awareness. How on earth do you let yourself get surrounded by three people late at night who are clearly looking for trouble. Its as if he were completely unaware of his surrounding.

Just chatting away on his cell phone, not a care in the world.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#6]
And there are trolls here who would say he shouldn't have a right to draw his gun and shoot the guy if he was able to.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#7]
NVM
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Tough to feel bad for an HOA president
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm surprised no one has made any comments about an HOA president getting the shit kicked out of him.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Good thing Jamal wasn't shot by the victim in this case because the shooter would have been branded a racist and the media and gun grabbers would  be calling for the repeal of our gun laws.

And there would be calls for the arrest of the beating victim right here on this gun enthusiasts' , supposedly pro gun rights website, including by some of the " names" here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

He was probably on the phone with the police....

That makes him safe, right?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Granted, the guy had no situational awareness, but really, what a scumbag to attack him like that. I hope that they lock up the scumbag for 20 years...
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#14]
When's the rally going to be televised? When's the CNN special? How many FBI agents are assigned to this case? What were Obama's comments? When do the Revs. Sharpton and Jackson arrive? Clearly, the man on the bike provoked this. What are the Police going to do about it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Once upon a time shitstains like that were brought before a judge, duly sentenced, and duly hanged in short order. I guess I'm just a hopeless traditionalist, but I don't like the thought of Jamal there getting out on parole after 2 to 5 and being back to his old tricks. That little sack of shit is gonna kill someone, if he hasn't already. Better just to take him out back and put him down like the rabid dog he is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing to see here, move along, move along.  

Shit like this is why poor Trayvon got shot.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not guilty.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My first instinct was that he got what he was asking for.    

I know it's not right, but that was my knee jerk.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#19]
It takes a very special kind of cowardly scum to sucker punch a man in the back of the head.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]
He could just as easily have killed him.  Similar situation where a guy died waiting in line for a gyro.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/07/nathan-engle-sucker-punch_n_872846.html
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:21:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Deadly force is authorized!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#22]
if the hood-rat would have stabbed him, and the white guy shot him, sharpton and jackson would say that was excessive force by the white guy
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Black on black crime, crac.  Nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When's the rally going to be televised? When's the CNN special? How many FBI agents are assigned to this case? What were Obama's comments? When do the Revs. Sharpton and Jackson arrive? Clearly, the man on the bike provoked this. What are the Police going to do about it?

My neighborhood has an HOA-should we burn our homes in a show of solidarity?

Standing by with a drip torch and a road flare, awaiting instructions.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#25]
good thing he didn't shoot his assailant... oh wait, that would have been self defense and we've already done that thread
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#26]
i just watched that video...DISGUSTING

where is brother sharpton and jackson rallying for riots, lynching and outrage??

why aren't libtards riding their bikes to work for the day in honor of the victim???

oh wait, i just realized, the victim was WHITE,, the criminal was BLACK.....

no outrage needed
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#27]
A race that is 12% of the US, commits 70% of violent crimes.  Math is a mother fucker huh?
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I'm surprised no one has made any comments about an HOA president getting the shit kicked out of him.

Misleading thread title is misleading.

I was expecting that he got his ass beat my a HOA member that got shot down over the paint color they had chosen, or maybe that had installed a fence that was 2" too high.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:29:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eating paint chips?

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#31]
That guy looks like he could be Obama's son.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I take pleasure in the fact he'll probably be gunned down over a dice game or $5 worth of weed.

Fuck ghetto rats. Never understood why we try so hard to get rid of AIDS and gang violence.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#33]
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-11-30/news/fl-fort-lauderdale-brutal-beating-video-20111130_1_arthur-burns-surveillance-video-robber

Burns, an Army veteran and father of four, said he and his wife of eight years, Annamaria Burns, moved here from Virginia six years ago.

The Villas' association at the time was struggling with debt caused by foreclosures, but it's now back on budget, he said. He's been the association president for three years, an experience he finds rewarding.

"I enjoy what I do," Burns said. "Being an ex-Army guy, I get the job done."
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I take pleasure in the fact he'll probably be gunned down over a dice game or $5 worth of weed.

Fuck ghetto rats. Never understood why we try so hard to get rid of AIDS and gang violence.

Please provide a link to your newsletter....I'd like to subscribe
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

+1

these people are a waste of humanity and contribute nothing to society except what you see in that video...

would love to have seen that guy pull out a CCW and ventilate that piece of human shit

hope that motherfucker becomes somebodys bitch in prison and takes a shank up the @SS...
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eating paint chips?

No...but I have a deep seated hatred for HOAs and I didn't watch the video.

I've met exactly two HOA presidents in my lifetime, and I've found them both to be perfect,
self absorbed asshole pricks.

Does that mean that the individual mentioned desevered what he got?

No.  

I was just being honest about my visceral feeling.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Victim should have zimmerized them.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, colored me shocked!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:52:47 PM EDT
[#41]
"I enjoy what I do," Burns said. "Being an ex-Army guy, I get the job done."

The night of the attack, snowbirds had arrived from Canada and needed a key to enter a unit.

So just before 1:30 a.m., Burns left his home, rode his bicycle to the other side of the complex and gave them the key. Along the way, he heard many people shouting and cursing.

"As president, I went out to see what was going on," he said. "I have to intervene to see what's going on, and to see if I can diffuse it."

Holding his bicycle at his side, Burns neared two men and a woman involved in the disturbance.

"I said, 'Hey, you guys. We can't have this kind of disturbance going on," he said. "You guys should cut this mess out or I'm going to call police."

In hindsight, "that was a mistake," Burns said. "I should have just called the cops."

So he actually knew they were there, pissed them off, and still managed not to have situational awareness.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
i just watched that video...DISGUSTING

where is brother sharpton and jackson rallying for riots, lynching and outrage??

why aren't libtards riding their bikes to work for the day in honor of the victim???

oh wait, i just realized, the victim was WHITE,, the criminal was BLACK.....

no outrage needed

Wait what? The victim is clearly Black....
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#43]
The HOA should call Al Sharpton!  He stands against violence!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#44]
How do you not have the tactical sense to know you are being surrounded by
goblins?

Wow.  I just watched the video.

You did it to yourself.  Back out of that as fast as you can.  Get them in front of you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I know what your saying there!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Zimmerman is not proud of this guy

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm really confused on several points.

1) So how many times are we supposed to allow the thug to slam our head into the concrete before we can shoot them?   Seems like in one case there is no number that is high enough and in this case I'm surprised the guy survived the attack.

2) How come this thug was not wearing a hoodie?  No wonder his situational awareness was off.

Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm really confused on several points.

1) So how many times are we supposed to allow the thug to slam our head into the concrete before we can shoot them?   Seems like in one case there is no number that is high enough and in this case I'm surprised the guy survived the attack.

2) How come this thug was not wearing a hoodie?  No wonder his situational awareness was off.

I don't understand how he let them separate and encircle him without having any awareness at all.

I've caught a crook or two testing me like this on occasion and he'll usually get a big smile on his
face and go..."No problem boss."....It's their way of playing games.  If I was in the free world,
I would be backing up, drawing and preparing to shoot.

In prison, standing your ground and acting cool is worth more.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#49]
bummer thug didnt get an extra hole in his head
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#50]
He was probably on the phone with the police....

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Yeah, an old cliche, but it's based on the truth.

Mike
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top