Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2003 10:49:38 AM EDT
I remember you had to have a 2.0 GPA to get into the program.

Is that a 2.0 overall for all the semesters in college or is that a 2.0 for the previous semester?

It shouldn't be a problem either way but I am just making sure.

lets say you had a good GPA but this year you got below a 2.0 would you be allowed in ROTC?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:24:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought a 2.0 got you out of the program not into it. IIRC a 2.5 is required to get in.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought a 2.0 got you out of the program not into it. IIRC a 2.5 is required to get in.
View Quote

probably depends on the college.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 11:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think so. My only experience is with NROTC, so the Army may be different. However, the eligibility for the scholarship was determined by the Chief of Naval Education and Training, and was universal. I imagine the Army has similar universal standards.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at your overall GPA.  It's been a year since I've graduated college, but lemme see if I can remember.

ROTC in some colleges is just like any other class.  That's the way it was at my school.  You didn't need a certain GPA to take the classes.  Now, if you want to contract, that's a whole different animal altogether.

I believe in order to contract you had to have an overall GPA of 2.5.  If you had a scholarship, you had to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better as well.  Now, if you were contracted, but not on scholarship, you had to maintain a GPA of 2.0 or better.

Remember...

D = Diploma
C = Commission
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Look at your overall GPA.  It's been a year since I've graduated college, but lemme see if I can remember.

ROTC in some colleges is just like any other class.  That's the way it was at my school.  You didn't need a certain GPA to take the classes.  Now, if you want to contract, that's a whole different animal altogether.

I believe in order to contract you had to have an overall GPA of 2.5.  If you had a scholarship, you had to maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better as well.  Now, if you were contracted, but not on scholarship, you had to maintain a GPA of 2.0 or better.

Remember...

D = Diploma
C = Commission
View Quote

I was told the same thing about the 2.5 gpa if you want to commission.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
My GF's son outta HS had a 3.0 GPA and 1150 SAT and did'nt make ROTC Scholarship his first year. They did tell him though he would get it his second year.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My GF's son outta HS had a 3.0 GPA and 1150 SAT and did'nt make ROTC Scholarship his first year. They did tell him though he would get it his second year.
View Quote

well try again but I am actually glad I didn't get accepted to AF ROTC, it actually worked out for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top