Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2003 6:52:15 PM EDT
I am having a hard time getting back into the service.  Because I don't want to be a 11H any more my job options are limited.  I was offered a bunch of jobs I didn't care for.  The only one I am considering is 31F network switchboard operator.  The description on goarmy.com is vague.  So if any one is or has been one or worked with these guys let me know.  I think it might be cool but I don't want to be a telephone operator.  I was looking for more technical jobs like computer repair (74B).  
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Well if you want in "computer repair" stay away from "switchboard operator" looking jobs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I do believe that 31F is what my brother's MOS was.  I would ask him, but he is in Iraq right now operating his Smart-T attatched to 3rd ACR in 4th ID (you know the "digital division")

He really has learned a bunch about Sat communications, AV links for conference and communicaiton, and general switch operation.  

He gets to repair all the hardware etc.  Look up the Smart-T on the net (sorry, I don't have a link).

Sorry I could not help more.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
great exactly what i don't want to do...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Go 19K.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:43:08 AM EDT
[#5]
11 Hotel was heavy anti armor infantry.  To Go armor would be just weird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top