Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 8:08:07 PM EDT
I have an ARMALITE AR-180, Colt AR-15 model-SP1.
Both have never been shot. Still in original boxes, with accessories. Both 223 cal. Armalite has folding stock. Colt has triangle forearm and no defector. Want to sell. What is their approximate value. Could you help me?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't sell them!  Keep them!  The gun you save might be the one that saves you.  That said, the AR 180 sells for $700-1000, and if the right doofus responds you can get upwards of $1500 for the AR15.  Damn, I wish I had some money, I just got through SELLING ALL OF MY GUNS but I spent the cash other wise I might consider...  forget I said anything about this...  If the AW ban sunsets next year, their value will decrease, if it doesn't you can probably double your profit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah ,I'll give you $5 for them both! Seriously,don't sell,think of them as heirlooms(sp?) that you can pas on to your kids,grandkids,ect....
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
. Want to sell.
View Quote

No, you don't.

Or at least you'll wish you hadn't at some point.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Been there
Done that
Got the T-shirt

trust me DONT SELL

I regret it even 3 years later
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Check the serial number on the Colt to determine year of manufacture.  If it's a 60s era AR it's definitely worth keeping.  Somewhere here on elsewhere on the net is a site that lists Colt AR serial number ranges and corresponding year of manufacture.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
If anyone knows where to figure out the age of an ar-15 by serial no. please post where.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 4:40:56 AM EDT
[#7]
If you REALLY want to sell, contact a licensed firearms dealer and make suitable arrangements to advertise the weapons.  They certainly have value and would sell quickly for a very good price.  Please ensure you follow ALL state and federal laws pertaining to the sale and transfer of firearms.  This transaction MUST be done properly.  There are several very reputable FFLs around this site who will be more than happy to assist you.

We certainly wouldn't want to find out that you are simply a troll, trying to entice the less aware among us to commit a felony with a sweet deal...now would we.

It might help if you did as previously asked and provided some more details about the weapons, and pics would been best of all.

If you really have them...if you really want to sell them, follow the rules and you will make a bundle of cash.  If not...go away.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:07:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If anyone knows where to figure out the age of an ar-15 by serial no. please post where.
View Quote

Yes, call Colt.  1-800-962-COLT.  They'll tell you.  I do it with all of my firearms.  The only manufacturer that wouldn't tell me was Davis.  They said they only give that info to BATF.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:46:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, call Colt.  1-800-962-COLT.  They'll tell you.  I do it with all of my firearms.  The only manufacturer that wouldn't tell me was Davis.  They said they only give that info to BATF.
View Quote

the only question I would have is why you would own a gun made by Davis........why?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:56:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have an ARMALITE AR-180, Colt AR-15 model-SP1.
Both have never been shot. Still in original boxes, with accessories. Both 223 cal. Armalite has folding stock. Colt has triangle forearm and no defector. Want to sell. What is their approximate value. Could you help me?
View Quote

Are you insane??????  Keep them you, goofball!!!!  Starve if you must....I have this same combo except I do not have the original boxes and the SP1 has a lovingly matched and assembled M16A1 upper that looks 100% original...even though it isn't.  Don't sell these, dude.  Just don't fucking do it!!!!  You'll hate yourself forever....and I already hate ME because I just don't have the cash for them, especially the 180.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Check here: [url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/ar15serial.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, 1911 Shootist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top