Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2002 10:27:28 AM EDT
i heard on a talk radio show this a.m. that napolitano had a 12% lead over Matt Salmon. is this for real? if so what do we have to look forward to if this radical left-wing extremist gets elected?thanks. scott in tucson.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Both Salmon and Napolitano appear to support the 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes Napolitano is for real and by the polls I saw last night she has a 16 point lead.

Matt Salmon is loosing because he will not run attack ads. And because he was stupid enough to go to work as a lobbyist with Quest telephone company. This company is universally hated for its monopoly of the phone system in AZ and its abuse of customers.

I wouldn't trust Napolitano to support the right to bear arms any farther than I could throw her fat butt.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Though Salmon is by FAR the better choice - he's sinking fast.

It's gonna be a Democrat-Governor Napolitano.

[V]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 11:52:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Napolitano received an D from the NRA. Salmon received an A and the NRA endorsement.

GOVERNOR
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(R) MATT SALMON A
 (D) JANET NAPOLITANO D

ATTORNEY GENERAL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(R) ANDREW P. THOMAS A
 (D) TERRY GODDARD F

SECRETARY OF STATE
(R) JAN BREWER A
 (D) CHRIS CUMMISKEY D

TREASURER
(R) DAVID PETERSEN A
 (D) RUTH SOLOMON F

SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION
 (R) TOM HORNE C
 (D) JAY BLANCHARD D
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#5]
OH GREAT, i can't believe this is about to happen. i guess the influx of liberal californians will ruin our state after all. maybe matt has an ace up his sleve.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OH GREAT, i can't believe this is about to happen. i guess the influx of liberal californians will ruin our state after all.
View Quote

Well, it was you all that kept telling them "why don't you just move?". HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
notice i said LIBERAL CALIFORNIANS, the law abiding gun owners are surley welcome.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#8]
November first is the traditional opening day of snowbird season. I heard they raised the bag limit this year. Get some!
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
"For real?"  Well, she sucks.  That's for real.  Klinton appointed her, and that's for real too.  Don't believe the pollsters.  I am no Salmon fan, but because of his stand on The Issue I am voting for him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"For real?"  Well, she sucks.  That's for real.  Klinton appointed her, and that's for real too.  Don't believe the pollsters.  I am no Salmon fan, but because of his stand on The Issue I am voting for him.
View Quote

... Ditto

BTW WTF were you Saturday [B)]
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OH GREAT, i can't believe this is about to happen. i guess the influx of liberal californians will ruin our state after all. maybe matt has an ace up his sleve.
View Quote

To tell you the truth, [b]if I were a fence-sitting middle-of-the-road voter,[/b] Salmon would NOT get my vote.

He hasn't made the extra effort to sway me. (Also, he doesn't have the name-recognition.)

It's like a championship fight and he's run out of steam in the last two rounds.

He just doesn't look like he [u]really[/u] wants it.

She does.

That's why she's leading now.

Link Posted: 10/22/2002 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Of course shes for real, she will be the first Gov with balls that we've had in what, 15 years.
Link Posted: 10/22/2002 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Constitutional Rights (Second Amendment)

Matt Salmon - Republican
I firmly believe that we must protect the entire Constitution and the Bill of Rights. As part of this philosophy, I support our rights under the 2nd Amendment. As governor, I will ensure that the rights guaranteed by the Second Amendment, the Bill of Rights, and the Arizona Constitution are preserved and vigilantly protected. I support the Constitution, and I will not pick and choose which parts to uphold.

Janet Napolitano - Democrat
The right to bear arms is enumerated in the Constitution, and is therefore fundamental to the liberty interests of all Americans. I believe elected officials have a duty to ensure that these interests are not abridged. My position on the 2nd Amendment is simple-existing laws related to firearms and their possession are a sufficient framework by which to ensure the safety of all Arizonans. Rather than focusing on new legislation, we must first be vigilant in our enforcement of the laws that are on the books. We must step up outreach and education efforts to ensure that gun safety is at the top the agenda, and work together to mitigate tragic accidents that result from unsupervised firearm use by children. Parents talking to their children about gun safety and practicing gun safety in front of them will accomplish this goal, new legislation will not.

... She sounds snappier than Matt on this issue, just not sure we can trust a Democrat to turn Arizona into another California.

Link Posted: 10/23/2002 5:46:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Janet made the statement that she will close the gunshow loophole.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

BTW WTF were you Saturday [B)]
View Quote

Casa Grande is a long, long way from way the hell up here in the NW corner.  We do one of those northern AZ shoots like Derek put on a couple of times, I am there.  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top