Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2005 9:27:11 AM EDT
I sure hope not - there's a time and place for everything, right?

I thought that the discussions about jews, a woman's right to vote, etc would be kept within the intellectual confines of Tim and Kilgore.

I hope that when people google things of that nature, they don't end up with ar15.com in the top 100 links...

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is a reasoned discussion, why not?

Now, if we let it turn into ArfKKKom, then we'd have a serious problem, but I don't think that will happen.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
This is not my site, so I have no say in how it is run, and the owners have every right to run it as they see fit.

But, if you can logically and openly debate and reject such thingsas racism, sexism and other problems then you actually have a chance to expose and defeat them.

Ignoring, locking or deleting such arguments only allow them to remain unchallenged.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:43:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Not by a longshot.  I was just over at FA and stumbled upon a "hey, I'm new here" thread.  Damn.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that threads like these should be locked, deleted, or anything else.  I'm not saying that the original poster should be banned, warned, or anything like that.

I just think that advocates of gun ownership rights are stereotypically (falsely) associated with chauvinism, anti-semitism, racism, etc...  I just hope we aren't providing "proof" for the kind of people who would love to find such examples.

Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Two completely different worlds.  I like them both.....just lurk over there.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#7]
The fact is, that some gun rights advocates ARE racist, antisemetic chauvinists.  Just like any other group.  They have to be debated and dealt with.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
The world is full of assholes, pick which group is most like yourself and be done with it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#9]
relax.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that threads like these should be locked, deleted, or anything else.  I'm not saying that the original poster should be banned, warned, or anything like that.

I just think that advocates of gun ownership rights are stereotypically (falsely) associated with chauvinism, anti-semitism, racism, etc...  I just hope we aren't providing "proof" for the kind of people who would love to find such examples.

How about new guys not try and tell people how the site should be?

How's that for an idea?

ETA: If YOU don't like the views of full-auto.com you are FREE to express your own contrary views there. You have as much right as anyone else because the admin. has allowed it.

I'm not gonna try and till him how to run his forum, I'm not gonna try and tell the Avilas how to run theirs. I'm just glad BOTH are here.

Whoa, chill - I'm just posting some food for thought, alright?  Don't be a hater.  Like I said, I'm not telling anybody how to do ANYTHING - I'm just trying to provoke some thought.  Easy!

I never said that full-auto didn't have it's place, either.  I'm not trying to be the grand inquisitor.

PS - Anyone who expresses a contrary opinion on FA.com is going to be rebutted mainly with accusations of being a fag, jew, "gook" and/or "raghead".  It doesn't hurt my feelings to be insulted by someone on the internet who for all intents and purposes could be a 13 year old - but no worthwhile debate reaches that level.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
The world is full of assholes, pick which group is most like yourself and be done with it.

Wow, that is truth at its purest.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 2:58:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Two completely different worlds.  I like them both.....just lurk over there.

Your avatar disturbs me and makes my eyes hurt.

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I am fascinated how there can be simultanoues threads - some worried that arfcom is becoming too restricted and too PC, and others worried that arfcom is becoming too racy and too out of control.

This place is better than cable!  
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I have never been to FA so Im not sure how it is there, maybe I'll check it out one day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been to FA....a few times.  I havent been there in over a year probably.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:20:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I sure hope not - there's a time and place for everything, right?

I thought that the discussions about jews, a woman's right to vote, etc would be kept within the intellectual confines of Tim and Kilgore.

I hope that when people google things of that nature, they don't end up with ar15.com in the top 100 links...

Odviously if thats what you guys think is going on here then you need to read alot more about whats going on. Everyone has let the evil word go, but we still have site staff breathing down our necks and knee-jerking and banning people when they even THINK that we THOUGHT about the god damn word.
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I was at a gamer forum for about a year when something like this happened to it.  Staff went haywire and annoyed to the hell out of a lot of people.  Some were angry, some kissed ass, some cried the end of the world.

Now I see it happening here.

I see a pattern forming...  

Ban me to save the rest! Rah ! Rah!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top