Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 9:25:05 AM EDT
He's already posturing himself as a candidate.  While he hasn't announced it yet, it's pretty obvious.  If anyone saw his speech today, you'll notice that he's "talking the talk":

[list]
[*]Lambasting the current administration for "not doing enough" for homeland security.[/*]
[*]Talking about how the government should take control of interest rates to "give people a break" on mortgages and credit cards (I mean, I'll vote for Daschle because after all, don't we all need a break here?).[/*]
[*]Appealing to the sensibilities of Republicans to "work with us".[/*]
[*]blah.. blah.. blah [i]ad infinitum...[/i][/*]

He's basically using the same mannerisms and phraseology that Clinton used in his candidacy speeches.  I'm very curious to see how he'll fare against Bush [s]if[/s] when he runs in 2004.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, he'll have to contend with Hillary, Davis from CA, and probably Gore. There will be a lot of democratic infighting in the process, hopefully enough to split the vote as some switch over to the Greens or Indy party.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sending Nader a check, TODAY!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard rumors Biden may try and make another run for it now that his plagarism scandal is ancient news.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm sending Nader a check, TODAY!
View Quote

Hehe.  He's the best friend the Republicans ever had.  Although he's a painful reminder of Perot.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#5]
that speach pissed me off so much, he claims the projected budget surplus is gone because of the tax cut? wtf havent you hear we are in a ressesion, so the tax base is not there to make that surplus anymore grrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
There's only one democrat I would even CONSIDER voting for - Evan Bayh (sp?). He's a republican disguised as a democrat...most of his views are very conservative...it's a damn shame he's on their team right now...
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#7]
04 should be an interesting year, look at the contender lineup:

AlWhore
Tom "the bisexual" Daschle
Hitlery
"Dickhead" Davis
"Butthole" Biden

I'm hearing Davis is out, and should loose to Riordan, the favorite for Caliban governor.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He's already posturing himself as a candidate.  [(:|)]
View Quote

I wouldn't vote for that low rent mouthpiece if he were running against PeeWee Herman and while I am soapboxing, Gep wouldn't have a chance in hell to get my vote either...

The reason (this is a hint RepubNatComm) the DemoDuhs get folks (this is a hint  RepubNatComm) to believe them (this is a hint RepubNatComm) is that the DemoDuhs (this is a hint RepubNatComm) are the only ones talking at any given time!  P.T. Barnum was right....  I wish there was someone in Congress with nads enough to stand up in front of a news cam and call a lying bastard a lying bastard... Now THAT would be something new in DC...

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I heard Daschle on the radio today and he was complaing about the budget.

He was saying there are only 2 options

(1) Start cutting into homeland defense

(2) Cut into Social Security

Hmmm..whatever happened to this one.

CONTROL FEDERAL SPENDING!

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]
If the pres race was between satan and hilary who would you vote for?I would probably take the least of the two evils and vote for satan.[devil]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I for one will not forget that the house sent a passable eceonomic stimulus package to Daschle that enjoyed bipartisan support and was acceptable to the president.  This bill was killed in the final hours by Mr. Daschle because it did not do enough for his special interests.
View Quote

I heard that Daschle wanted so many things that the Republicans would object to in the bill, that it would get killed, and he could run on the issue that "the Republicans killed the stimulus bill".  But when Bush said OK to what he wanted in the bill, he killed it.  The theory one of my politically inclined friends had was that he realizes his chances are better running against Bush while there's a recession and high unemployment, hence his killing of the bill.  If that's true, he's a bastard.

Regardless, I think he's a doofus for all the theatrical grandstanding he does at his press conferences.  You know, with all the props, like holding press conference in front of a Lexus, at a gas station, etc. etc.  I figure that he does this to appeal to the ignorant (m)asses with short attention spans (the democratic voting base).

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Daschle is blaming the "Bush tax cuts" for the recession. I realize now that my $300.00 refund has plunged the nation into recession. I feel so guilty I'm sending it back.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: If the pres race was between satan and hilary who would you vote for?I would probably take the least of the two evils and vote for satan.[devil]
View Quote

Yeah, a choice between the devil you know and the devil you know is a devil... hmmm  - I almost think I'd take the [b]real[/b] devil ... at least I would know then that we'd be going to hell in a hurry...
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:56:24 AM EDT
[#17]
i dont think hillary will run, at least not till 2008 or unless she gets picked as a VP.
Gore will NOT run again, unless he wants to get spanked again.

hopefully gov davis will get booted this year, but riordan is my LAST choice for a republican, he is barely right of davis, and is a total POS.
even if davis ran for pres in 2004, like hilary not many people in this country would vote for them, seeing how davis has F**Ked up this state, and hilary couldnt get votes outside of NY or SFO.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#18]
It's hard to respect the voting habits of folks from SD when you look at how long they have been voting Dashcle into office. I guess there are too many folks who are dependent on government entitlements because Daschle is one of the kings of "bringing home the bacon", or ripping off the taxpayers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Daschle is blaming the "Bush tax cuts" for the recession. I realize now that my $300.00 refund has plunged the nation into recession. I feel so guilty I'm sending it back.
View Quote

What I find particularily interesting is that while he is saying that the Bush tax cuts are the major cause of the recession, he isn't making any moves to repeal them.  The reason being is that the tax cuts were/are still very popular with the American people and he'd get burned.

I agree with jclydesmoothie in that the Dems are the making great use of the TV talk shows to spread their message while the GOP is content with just sitting on their hands.  We need a concerted media plan to push our message.  Anybody remember when Reagan needed support on the Hill, he used to go on TV and take his case directly to the American people?  People used to flood Capitol Hill with calls in support.  We need to do that now.

Daschle is an obstructionist in the worst way and the people should know about it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:31:23 AM EDT
[#20]
because Daschle is one of the kings of "bringing home the bacon", or ripping off the taxpayers.
View Quote

Yeah, he even called a local pork barrel research project dealing with chicken shit 'important to national security' and had it included in the Homeland Security funding.

"Poultry waste and waste of all agricultural products is something that continues to threaten our country."
-- Sen. Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) (11/14/01)
View Quote

(edited to add Daschle quote)
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]
No matter how I try, I can't see Daschle fairing well at all against an incumbent Bush.  Maybe its just me, but I see Bush winning hands down in 2004.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Now that Daschle has shown his hand GW started kicking Daschle's ass today.  When Bush gets done with him Daschle will be lucky to remain as leader of the Senate.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No matter how I try, I can't see Daschle fairing well at all against an incumbent Bush.  Maybe its just me, but I see Bush winning hands down in 2004.
View Quote

I hope so, but 2004 is a long way away. People have a way of discarding wartime leaders when times get better, e.g. Churchill & G.H.W. Bush.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Perhaps we are forgetting one Democratic Presidential contender - "The Reverend Al Sharpton."

Please at least consider President Sharpton and some of his probable early actions on behalf the people:

President Sharpton entering a convenience store with his Secret Service detail and screaming "Alright everyone on the floor I'm taking the cash !"

President Sharpton walking into his first state dinner with his Secret Service detail and proclaiming in a powerful but quietly presidential voice "Alright, all of you keep your hands down, create no disturbance and no one will get hurt - give your wallets to Agent Fonda and all of your watches and jewelry to Agent Maxine Waters...."

I believe President Sharpton would bring along a new and more open era in Presidential theft.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Sure wished he would have stuck his nose in the anthrax letter and took a big sniff.

Alot of elderly people here. They here from the Dems that the GOP "Wants to take your SS away" and they run and vote for that POS.

Also he is good at making promises to the farmers for their welfare checks so they vote for him fo that reason only.

After 23yrs looking at the assh*le I sure wish he would move somewhere else. He damn sure makes the rest of us look pathetic. We don't all here think like him. His only love for SD is our stupidity. Like McGovern he needs to move to MA and be his and Kennedys neighbor.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's hard to respect the voting habits of folks from SD when you look at how long they have been voting Dashcle into office. I guess there are too many folks who are dependent on government entitlements because Daschle is one of the kings of "bringing home the bacon", or ripping off the taxpayers.
View Quote

This is also true of our own Mr. Condit. The folks in Modesto continue to vote for that scum bag because he brings them entitlements such as farming subsidies. They love him! Yet, he's banging college girls and participating in other questionable activities.

This is the dem's bread and butter. By taking care of the folks at home, they are enabled to screw everyone else.

They make me want to [puke]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Tom Daschle is an Air Force veteran that served as an intelligence officer at the Strategic Air Command. He is a hero who protected our freedoms and way of life. Those who hate the military will not vote for him.

Tom Daschle in 2004. Let's roll.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Over at the democratic underground they never make mention of Daschle as a presidential candidate. There always talking about Edwards, Kerry, Gore, and Hillary. They have wet dreams about a president Gore and vice president Bill Clinton. Their wettest dreams are of a president Hillary Clinton and a vice president Bill Clinton. For the life of me, I cant understand why they think so highly of that man, Bill Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 1:11:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Over at the democratic underground they never make mention of Daschle as a presidential candidate. There always talking about Edwards, Kerry, Gore, and Hillary. They have wet dreams about a president Gore and vice president Bill Clinton. Their wettest dreams are of a president Hillary Clinton and a vice president Bill Clinton. For the life of me, I cant understand why they think so highly of that man, Bill Clinton.
View Quote

For the life of me, I cant understand why they think at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top