Posted: 9/4/2005 5:17:36 PM EDT
Poll on the way!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
South Florida BLOWS
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:19:36 PM EDT
[#2]
No.

I live in Laredo, Texas, which I consider to be a temporary Purgatory for my previous sins, as well as a crucible in which the Lord will finish forming me.

After that, I hope to settle in the Four Corners area. Nothing like that anywhere in the country. The only restrictive aspect is work, and the Lord will take care of that for me, too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Heck yeah, I evacuated from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornistan last year.  Oregon kicks ass.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
South Florida BLOWS

Amen!

Crowded, dank as an armpit, and simply oozing with a Spanish culture which is NOT the one I grew up in.

Best thing I ever did was GTF outta there last summer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]
No.

I want to be in North GA or East TN, but I consider North FL a temporary exile, with it's only redeeming point being awesome gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
South Florida BLOWS

So does Central FL!

I want to move to Alabama somthing terrible!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Tucson, AZ.

No hurricanes, no earthquakes, no mudslides (unless you live in a wash), not much risk of brushfires, damned few tornados, flooding is VERY, VERY rare (unless you live in a wash), not too many bugs (though what there are STING), it's just HOT for six or seven months.

Yeah, I like it here.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Fled Kaifornistan for Charlotte, NC in mid 2001.

I could not be happier.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in NE CT. The weather is good (it could be colder, however), I like the terrain (very hilly, no mountains), and I have deep family roots here.

The gun laws were fantastic until 1993. I don't know where I'd go if I moved. Perhaps either Maine or South Carolina. I hate the heat, though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
North Western North Dakota sounds better everyday
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I would like to move one county over, so I can own some NFA stuff in a few years. My county won't sign off on NFA forms.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Florida isn't bad, but it's too crowded.  I want to live in northern AZ or southern UT.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Live in KC.

Wanna move to Western Montana or Idaho.  I fell in love when we visited Yellowstone.  South Dakota would be cool too.   40-70 acers and a small house would make me a happy man.  Tough part is having a job there.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I love where I live right now.  I lived here in Oregon most of my life, but I do like it much better out here in eastern oregon than anywhere else (I grew up around LaPine/Bend - GREAT for fishing, but not much else).

Got a good job out here too, and I get to work up in Joseph oregon a couple of days a week.  On my lunchbreaks I go up to wallowa lake and fish from the bank.  Good times

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Grand Forks, ND.

Overall, yes.  Professionally, this is not the most challenging place to work, but it is a great place to raise a family.  Good schools, good neighborhoods, low cost-of-living, reasonable taxes and the local government generally keeps its nose out of your business.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes I love living in Hobart, IN

the only problem is that more of the bad things from Gary keep tring to move in
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
so whats so bad about south florida? Funny I am moving there in 2 weeks from CT.... i thought CT sucks and florida is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Wales UK

The countryside and coastline is beautiful but the government always sucks.

Taffy

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wales UK

The countryside and coastline is beautiful but the government always sucks.

Taffy

www.edgeofwaleswalk.co.uk/gallery3/Right%20at%20the%20Edge%20of%20Wales.JPG

Wow!  That is some view!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Northern Colorado rocks.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I ain't goin nowhere's...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope, city is too big, Gov here sucks, I always wanted to move to Texas, not anymore, too mnay illegal mexicans, maybe Montana now......

either that or move farther north towards the treeline
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
South Florida BLOWS

So does Central FL!

I want to move to Alabama somthing terrible!

North and Central Florida is a paradise compared to the urban hell that South Florida has become.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
No.

I live in Laredo, Texas, which I consider to be a temporary Purgatory for my previous sins, as well as a crucible in which the Lord will finish forming me.

After that, I hope to settle in the Four Corners area. Nothing like that anywhere in the country. The only restrictive aspect is work, and the Lord will take care of that for me, too.

Lol
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#25]
I live in CA. Hell yes, I want to move elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#26]
NE FL is great, if you love tattoos, drop-outs, gansta style driving with the seat way back, c[rap] music blasting...

Who thinks the USA will still be a great country 50 years from now?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#27]

<--------ecStatiC

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
NE FL is great, if you love tattoos, drop-outs, gansta style driving with the seat way back, c[rap] music blasting...

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm not happy where I'm at right now. The neighborhood is decent but I'm only 2 miles from the border to Detroit.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I live in rual Indiana which is OK and I Enjoy it.  If I had my choice it would be either Wyoming or Montana in the foothills.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I love where I am living. I moved from NW Ohio/ MI border 9 years ago. I visit that area enough to appreciate where I am now.

Yea, it's a border town, it has its issues. But, you can not beat the weather, the latin women, the food, the overall hospitality of the town, its geographical location to other great places, outdoors, open ranges,  etc.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I lived in Jacksonville for three years (1992-1995). LOVED the place.

Then I went back in 2002. I was STUNNED at just how completely to shit the place had gone.

50 years? Try 10.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I lived in Jacksonville for three years (1992-1995). LOVED the place.

Then I went back in 2002. I was STUNNED at just how completely to shit the place had gone.

50 years? Try 10.

I am only suffering here until retirement (came from Tampa, which is light years ahead of Jax)...

Already looking for a plot of land with no neighbors for miles in TX or midwest to retire too...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Born here in NM, will die here as well, although if I ever win the lottery I will have a summer home in Montana.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I live in Kolumbus, Ohio Franklin Co.  I HATE this place!  If I didn’t a good job I would sell my house in a second.  I pay more taxes on my 50’X100’ lot than my parents pay for 2 acres two counties away.  Kolumbus is taking away semi-auto rifles by registration but never allowing them to be transferred after 11/16/05.  The schools here are terrible.  The roads suck and traffic is on raindrop/snowflake from chaos.  

They just raised my houses appraisal for tax purposes by $20K but that is not what houses in my are selling for but tough for me.

Did I mention that I hate this place.  I need to go one county in any direction to be much better off, I need to start looking at houses.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Just moved to the paradise that is Holiday, FL (just north of lovely Tarpon Springs) from the hillbilly infested wastes of East TN.  I'm in heaven.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:38:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Just moved to the paradise that is Holiday, FL (just north of lovely Tarpon Springs) from the hillbilly infested wastes of East TN.  I'm in heaven.

Hmmm well I am just south of you.  I guess you haven't been on US19 very much!  Welcome to hell, I don't consider this area FL anymore... it is more like NY
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I love it in Birmingham.........wonderful state, great weather ( I love hot and muggy), great people, etc. No plans on moving anytime soon. If I moved anywhere it would only be further south, say Destin/Pensacola, or out west to Arizona.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmmm well I am just south of you.  I guess you haven't been on US19 very much!  Welcome to hell, I don't consider this area FL anymore... it is more like NY

FL was great in the '70s, until Jimmy Carter became Prez...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I'm on it every day and I love it.  Always new restaurants and stores to discover, the people are very friendly, and I can't wait till winter when it never gets under 50 degrees, as opposed to the mountains where we froze our asses off and it was gloomy all the time.  The wife is in heaven as well, as she's from Miami and really missed Florida the past 8 years.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, I'm on it every day and I love it.  Always new restaurants and stores to discover, the people are very friendly, and I can't wait till winter when it never gets under 50 degrees, as opposed to the mountains where we froze our asses off and it was gloomy all the time.  The wife is in heaven as well, as she's from Miami and really missed Florida the past 8 years.

Ahh grasshopper, it will get below 50 there, around Halloween you will get the first cold front blowing throw...  FL just gets grey, windy and cold in the winter, no snow to brighten up the landscape...
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well one good thing is there is the local machine gun shoot tomarrow at Hernando Sportsmans Club!

www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/events/machinegun.htm

Anyway I am glad you like it, I however am fed up with it (it is worse than pasco down here) I was born and raised here and I remember when my family knew everone in town, and when it was nothing but orange groves.  Now almost everyone we knew has bailed out(they were replaced by yankee assholes) and it is nothing but neighborhoods now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh grasshopper, it will get below 50 there, around Halloween you will get the first cold front blowing throw...  FL just gets grey, windy and cold in the winter, no snow to brighten up the landscape...

It will also feel much colder due to the humidity.  I hear the yankees complain every year.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I want to live in in Anchorage Alaska, or Seward. At least for the summer, & Fall, & somewhere in Texas where I can shoot the rest of the year.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#46]
I am happy with the state but I do want to move out of the God forsaken city.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:59:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Outside of the fact that I am in Commieland, I am relatively comfortable here, and my family is here.  There are a few place that I would like to move to but not without a pile of cash.  I want a good job and a nice spread of land, and none of the places I would rather be can offer both.  I am gonna hang in there until I retire and can live without a job.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:04:43 PM EDT
[#48]
I guess what killed FL for me was when I started to have to answer (English or Spanish) at the ATM, gas pump, etc....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:05:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Michigan sucks, damn liberal gun laws!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#50]
2 years ago next week I left So-Kal (San Diego) for NW WA.
I have not looked back.
I do miss the Tuna Fishing though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top