Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2001 5:06:46 PM EDT
Ok, so many of you "joke" about wasting someone.  I know there is military (or prior) like myself that took the oath.  How many of you are really up to bumping someone off?  What value do you hold on human life?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:11:02 PM EDT
[#1]
 Capable?  With extreme prejudice..........  The second one is harder than the first, and no matter what the circumstances, it haunts you forever............
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
"Value"....
I hold value to a human life but if it comes down to me gunning someone down to save the life of an innocent bystander or myself and my family I will pull the trigger with no hesitation. I have thought about this in depth prior to obtaining my concealed weapons permit.Without any doubt in my mind, I would pull the trigger....

John[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Under what circumstances?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Does circumstances matter?  I'd never kill in cold blood but don't have a problem putting a cap in someone that deserves it.  My tolerance is lower than most. I would take the three strikes law to the end.  Murders, rapists, child molesters and three time losers look like targets to me.  Anyone else with me?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I know I could. I almost did, but some assholes are just too stubborn to die easy.

The lesson I learned: When you are surrounded by about 30 people of questionable intentions, stick a knife in the first one to make a move. The rest will scatter like a madwoman's shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Considering that I have little faith left in humanity, I wouldn't hesitate. If someone was trying to hurt me or someone I cared about, I would drop them where they stand.

I could not and would not feel sorry for taking the life of someone who endangering MY life. Screw them.

There are so many worthless people on this planet it sickens me to no end. For example, I heard on Opra about this piece of sh*t (I won't even dignify him by calling him a man) who rubbed bengay all over his cock and raped his daughter.

If I had the opportunity to end this miserable f*cks life without penalty to myself, I would. I have only met a few people in my short time on this planet that I actually value. So the others better stay the hell outta my way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There are so many worthless people on this planet it sickens me to no end. For example, I heard on Opra about this piece of sh*t (I won't even dignify him by calling him a man) who rubbed bengay all over his cock and raped his daughter.

View Quote

See, I would have no problem dropping him.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
HEY, I see a new TV series here.  We will call it Survivor.  We will turn the jailbirds loose on a island unarmed (like the people they prey on) and we can hunt them down and waste'em. The last one standing gets set free in the middle of the ocean on a raft.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with DavidF150:
I wouldn't loose any sleep over any who murder rape or molest. I would gladly pull the trigger, would save us money too, one bullet to the head.

The second part of the question:
I value human life; however if you act like a mad dog expect to die like one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#10]
i belive when people go greatly out of their way to bother me thay are interfearing with my pursiut of happinies, and thats what life is all about. the law says i cant kill for that, but once you crawl through my window at night, your ass is mine and will DEFINATLY interfear with your pursuit of happiness. in other words, i will remove the stress of your welfair from the shoulders of the system.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ok, so many of you "joke" about wasting someone.  I know there is military (or prior) like myself that took the oath.  How many of you are really up to bumping someone off?  What value do you hold on human life?
View Quote

I'd kill any fool the was dumb enough to even ask a foolish question like this![sniper]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds as if you boys have been watching too much TV and taking in too many movies.  Will distroy the mind they will!
Perhaps some ZEN practice is in order here [sleep]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
If the situation warrants it, it would not be a problem.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
If it came down to them or me.....let's put it this way...a sacrificial lamb I am not. A guy who took a CCW class with me questioned his ability to defend his own life, aka, could I shoot someone? I told him he just wasted his money on firearms and the class.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#15]
hummm! yea right!
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Would I do it if I felt I needed to?  ABSOLUTELY.  Would I hesitate?  Nope.  Would it haunt me for the rest of my life?  Who knows?  The only way to KNOW that is to try it and find out.  I hope I never have to find out.  Honestly, though, I am not the sort of person to lose sleep over doing what had to be done.

Louis
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I know I could. Our platoon took rifle fire on a GP-Medium during a training excersize while guarding the Unit's ammo drop. This coincidently occured on a 'Friday the 13th', about 10 minutes before midnight.

It took five of us about 10 seconds to break open a case of belted 5.56(saw or anti personel Abrams gun???) and load our chambers. When we exited the tent and my buddy asked, "Should we shoot?", I was very ready to pull the trigger. The command "Hold fire" was given by the Plt Sgt. At the time the thought of killing didn't bother me one bit.

We could see three persons getting into the cab of a small pick-up truck because of their interior light. Our canvas tent suffered 9 shots but no one was injured.

The MPs were called to investigate. We never heard anything after that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok Class Klown.  You want to dust me dude?  Come on!  I'm unarmed..  Really!  I don't have any guns or ammo.  Come on by!

All in fun my friend.

I brought this up to see how many more out there think like I do.  I'm happy as hell WE are out there.  There is hope for the human race.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Longrange is my kind of people.  Can you just imagine a state or country full of us?  I'd guess zero crime rate.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#20]
I could never kill in cold blood but if someone came in my house with intent to harm my wife or me for that matter....well I keep a loaded 1911 in my top drawer that speaks volumes....

I know if my life or the life of a loved one depended on it I could do it. I never served our country in the military but if something happened where I got called to I would have no problem killing to protect our freedom or whats left of it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Dudes.......Really has any one slapped a trigger on a buglar or a car jacker.....or has anybody been shot at at close range or been drawn down on in the dark when you "wern't pakin" or in a spot where you had to slap leather because conflict ressolution didn't work????
In the right or In the wrong...you will go in front of a judge in a criminal court...Got the bucks for an Attorney????
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Better to be judged by twelve then carried by six.  

I'm capable. Not only that, I'm capable of enjoying it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:01:44 PM EDT
[#23]
One more lesson. I knew this, but some of you might not.

KEEP YOUR F'ING MOUTH SHUT, NO MATTER HOW MUCH IN THE RIGHT YOU ARE!!!

Tell 'em you want a lawyer, and SHUT UP until he gets there.

Don't even chit chat. Don't talk about football, or politics, or what you had for lunch. SHUT UP AND WAIT FOR YOUR LAWYER!!!

The pigs will try to screw you with any statement you make, no matter what the topic.

I don't care if you got some perp that busted in your house with an AK in each hand, and hosed your house with a full mag from each, and you fired one slug into his brainpan. Call the cops and say "there's a dead burglar in my house" and then don't say a damn thing after that.

Get lawyered up, wait for everyone else concerned to make their statement first, then consult your mouthpiece about your statement.

DO NOT DEPEND ON THE "GOOD INTENTIONS" OF THE RESPONDING OFFICERS NO MATTER HOW MUCH IN THE RIGHT YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!

No matter what anyone here might say, it's US VS. THEM!! The pigs will write it up for their own glory, and the prosecutors need to make a name for themselves. Don't be their stepping stones to fame.

I still don't feel like I've made my point, because I wish I could grab all of you by the lapels and scream it into your faces until I saw in your eyes that you understand.

SHUT THE [b]F[/b] UP AND GET A GOD DAMN LAWYER!!!!

Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:05:54 PM EDT
[#24]
HEAR.. HEAR.. GovtThug[beer]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:19:41 PM EDT
[#25]
It is all a matter of quick reflexes, I can imagine making a snap shot w/o thinking about it.
Now going sniper on someone, I could not imagine taking out anyone, no matter how much I disliked them.
I understand one of the reasons they put snipers in two man teams is for one to goad the sniper into shooting.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:38:29 PM EDT
[#27]
If i had to defend my life yes.In that situation if you stop to think it might be to late
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#28]
You know I've heard that some people may "suffer" chest pain afer a stressful incident. If one is being treated in a hospital sometimes the MD will limit the patient's exposure to LE until they know your stable. It can eat up several hours at least.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Don't even chit chat. Don't talk about football, or politics, or what you had for lunch. SHUT UP AND WAIT FOR YOUR LAWYER!!!

The pigs will try to screw you with any statement you make, no matter what the topic.

I don't care if you got some perp that busted in your house with an AK in each hand, and hosed your house with a full mag from each, and you fired one slug into his brainpan. Call the cops and say "there's a dead burglar in my house" and then don't say a damn thing after that.

Get lawyered up, wait for everyone else concerned to make their statement first, then consult your mouthpiece about your statement.

DO NOT DEPEND ON THE "GOOD INTENTIONS" OF THE RESPONDING OFFICERS NO MATTER HOW MUCH IN THE RIGHT YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!

No matter what anyone here might say, it's US VS. THEM!! The pigs will write it up for their own glory, and the prosecutors need to make a name for themselves. Don't be their stepping stones to fame.

I still don't feel like I've made my point, because I wish I could grab all of you by the lapels and scream it into your faces until I saw in your eyes that you understand.

View Quote

This by far the best FREE legal advice I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This by far the best FREE legal advice I have ever seen.
View Quote

I think you may have gotten thru to some , but more will need further convincing
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#32]
This is a really, really stupid post. If you can do it, you've either done it or know yourself well enough to know you could. If neither, then who knows and who cares?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#33]
GovtThug, I may have underestimated you from your previously posted inflamatory comments. That was good advice. Don't let the Director hear about it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]

If you thought you could - if you always keep that 'option' open; then why would some one want to even discuss this subject in an open air forum?
Link Posted: 4/20/2001 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Who gives a shit about people anyways. we all care about our loved ones, but when you see the 22 year old girl on TV that died because she got in a car wreck not one of you cry like it was someone close to you. everyone says "well that's the shits" and gets over it. therefor all you people who clain to value human life that much are liers. I couldn't kill someone that i cared about, but i could kill just about anyone else who i think deserved it. I would love to line up 50 rapists at 100 meters and plink away.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I might have had to make that decision on my last deployment to Kosovo. All those @#%$#@%$#^%$&^ Albanians and Serbs. At checkpoints down there, we had to sometimes jump in front of moving vehicles with weapons to make them slow down. No round chambered but how long does it take to chamber a round? Not long - and most of us were already pissed at the "Kosovars".
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:14:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Never been confronted with a life or death/ do I shoot scenario, hope I never do. I believe I have a right to self defense and to intervene on a innocent victims behalf, but B.S. aside you never can know till faced with it. I think I could, but to say for sure would just be talking out my ass.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes! anyone can, or should I say most. just send them off to war. given a choice live or die? i'm sure most will pick live.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 11:22:26 AM EDT
[#39]
In 1969 I was robbed twice by clue sniffing shitheads. That year I became 18 and joind the Army and went to nam. I thought I'd have a better chance of making it. I had a chance to shoot back with no ?'s ask.
            No problem with triggers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#40]
This has brought out some very humorous and accurate statements.  I hope each of you gun owners thinks about this regulary.  You must have the resolve before you pull a gun on someone because you won't have time to think about it.  I too am capable of enjoying it.

The one that posted the "shut up and get a lawyer" was absolutley correct.  I was also taught in my conceal weapons class to make sure you kill the bastard so he don't sue you.  That way all you have to deal with is his family.  Dead men tell no tales.  I'm gonna empty my mag on them except for the one safety round.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I hope to never have to but I have the ability to.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#42]
If you have a little free time and are really interested in this topic I suggest you get a copy of (On Killing)Mr. Grossman has done a very good job of compiling the data and bringing into todays perspective.

He also has an audio tape recording of his presentation (Bullet Proof Mind)which should be mandatory for anyone carrying a gun today.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I very much hope I never am put in the position to take a human life, but if I'm ever confronted with a situation where the life or lives of my loved ones is in jeopardy, I will kill without a second thought.  

I may even pause slightly if I am personally the only one in danger, but lethal threats to my family will be met with an instant lethal response from me.  My family is the most valuable thing I have in this world, and if I have to risk (or lose) my life or freedom to keep them safe, so be it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#44]
The only people I believe that could say beyond a shadow of a doubt they could are the people that have.

How many hot shot hunters choke the first time they get a big buck in their sights?  

I like many others here will say if the circumstances dictated it I could.  I only base this on the fact that I've always been the kind of person that seems to do what I have to do to survive life threatening situations with out thinking.  I just react and do what I have to do.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:13:59 PM EDT
[#45]
With a smile, if it was my ex wife
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#46]
[b]Death[/b]...
bad, ugly stuff..I've seen it up close in my face a few times, nothing to brag about.

[b]hostile fire[/b]
bad stuff too..everything turns into slow motion..in my experience all you can think about is self-preservation..that could be just me, can't speak for everyone

[b]am i really capable of killing someone?[/b]
I would think so..but Lord willing that day will not come.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I may even pause slightly if I am personally the only one in danger
View Quote

Hope your life insurance is paid up bro. You're dead.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#48]
With a smile, if it was my ex wife
View Quote

Yeah, I can definitely understand that sentiment, but you're the first one the cops will look at, and frankly, she ain't worth the
$.08 it would cost to do it. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#49]
yes i know right from wrong, and my answer is YES,(yong she 1974)
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#50]
About 20 byears ago Donald Ray Wallace  and three accomplaces broke into the home of the Patrick Gilligan family who resided in Evansville IN.
Unfortunately Patrick and his family returned home early that night and the burgarlers overpowered them and tied them up.
Mr. Wallace decided that he couldn't afford to leave witnesses so he murdered Patrick and his wife, he then decided that it would be cruel to let the children be raised as orphants so he murdered their babys too (if I remember right there was a little boy three and a two year old baby girl) he shot them all.
The local police were on the ball and with the help of a informer they gathered up the little band of scum and questioned them.
Being anxious not to be tried for a capital offense the valiant little band of totally worthless scum spilled thier guts and ratted out Wallace.
I must say at this time that Wallace could have been the only one in the house while the rest stayed in the car but I believe that at least one of them helped him.
Wallace went to trial and after many shenangians including an attempt to make people think that he had multiple personalities, he was tried convicted and sentenced to death.
Through manipulation of the legal system Donald Ray Wallace still sets on death row over twenty years later and his execution date has not been set to this day.
Would you suffer this animal to live?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top