User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:27:14 AM EDT
Title says it all.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

As a matter of fact the 10am storm track has Rita headed more towards Beaumont/Port Arthur.

Houston now will be on the weak side....

The weak side of a Cat 5 that is..
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I heard on the radio an hour ago that they are.

Please folks....If you live in the evac area...EVACUATE.

Your TV won't mean a damn thing to you if your home is full of water. Take your family to a Motel 6 out of harms way.

Stay safe!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:32:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Houston will flood, BIG TIME. It floods during normal thunderstorms. My family from there is bugging out to our house up here in DFW.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Houston will flood, BIG TIME. It floods during normal thunderstorms. My family from there is bugging out to our house up here in DFW.

Is DFW supposed to take any of this storm?  My brother lives there and the money pit that he calls his house will probably blow away if heavy winds and rain hit.  That would be his luck.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:59:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Listening to the radio here in Austin, I think all of Houston is coming here. Some have called saying it took up to 18 hours to go just 50 miles. One person called to say they had been on I45 for 6 hours and they have not even hit the city limits yet.
Here in Austin, US290 is bumper to bumper. A normal 20 minute drive is taking 1.5 hours.

Evacing 5 million on only 3  major highway= nightmare

We can only hope rita likes cajun music and moves further east.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top